Features of Digit Group Health Insurance
Here are some of the features that you should know about the Digit group health insurance policy.
- Easy Online Process: When you go online to purchase an insurance policy, you expect it to be easy and quick. Whether you are purchasing an insurance plan, raising a claim or renewing it, the digit insurance online process is hassle-free.
- Cashless Claim:Digit insurance Company provides cashless claim facilities to their policyholders through their wide network of network hospitals spread PAN India. So, no matter where you are in the country, you’ll get coverage easily.
- Low Premium Rates:Being the digital insurance provider, Digit health insurance premiums are low-cost so that you can cover your employees easily without a hassle.
- Post-Hospitalization Benefits:Digit health insurance policy provides a simple and quick claiming process and offers post-hospitalization lumpsum benefits to make sure that your post-hospitalization expenses are covered.
- Direct Contact: The insurance company believes in direct contact so that you do not have to contact multiple people or third parties and stay in direct touch with the insurer.
- Covid-19 Coverage: With the rise of covid-19 cases in the country, Digit insurance providers offer coverage for covid-19 so that your employees can get cover any expenses coming out of hospitalization, medicines, consulting doctors, etc.
- Insurance For All Company Sizes: The company provides group health insurance for all company sizes, whether you have around 10 employees or more than 25, Digit Insurance has group health insurance plans that will be suitable for you.
- Cashless Hospitals Network:Digit insurance company has a hospital network of 6400+ across India. So being an employer, you do not have to worry about getting coverage anywhere in India.
What Is Covered Under Digit Group Health Insurance?
While purchasing the policy, it is important to learn about the coverage you are getting. Here are the things that are covered under the Digit group health insurance plan.
- Accidental: If any employee in your company or their dependents get injured in the accident, the group health insurance will provide cover for post-hospitalization expenses such as room rent, diagnosis, road ambulance, etc.
- Illness Related: There are many illnesses that require you to get hospitalized. Digit group health insurance provides coverage for hospitalization of your employees and their dependents for the treatment as well as hospital expenses.
- Covid-19 Hospitalization: India is not free from this virus as of yet. In case any of your employee or their dependent tests covid positive then this group health insurance plan will provide coverage for hospitalization.
- Daily Hospital Cash:Hospital expenses can go beyond your affordably hence this insurance plan provides coverage to the employee and dependents for hospital bills.
- Critical Illness:Digit group health insurance plan provides coverage for specified critical illnesses to the employees and their dependents.
- Maternity &New Born Baby: The young and just married working professionals worry about this situation. However, Digit group health insurance policy provides coverage for child delivery expenses. If there is a case of infertility treatment or medically necessary termination, the insurer provides coverage for that as well.
- Psychiatric Coverage:WHO study says that at least 6.5% of the population of India suffers from mental disorders. However, Digit group health insurance policy provides coverage, if any employee required psychiatric support because good mental health is as important as good physical health.
- Other Benefits:Digit group health insurance plan includes AYUSH, infertility treatment, Bariatric surgeries, Organ donation, etc. These are some of the other benefits provided by Digit group health insurance policy.
What Is Not Covered Under Digit Group Health Insurance?
As much as it is important to know about the coverage, it is equally important to know about the things that are not covered under the Digit group health insurance plan. They are as follows:
- Pre-Natal and Post-Natal: Digit group health insurance policy does not provide coverage for pre-natal and post-natal expenses unless led to the hospitalization of the employee or the spouse.
- Hospitalization Without Doctor’s Recommendation: The insurer does not provide coverage if any of the employee gets hospitalized without getting recommended by a doctor.
- Claims Before Waiting Period:Taking Covid as an example, there are 15 days waiting period before the insured can raise a claim. If the insured raises a claim duing those 15 days, the insurer will not provide coverage.
- Only Covid Cover:The insurer does not provide coverage if you only wish to opt for the Covid-19 cover. The treatment will only be possible when the insured tests positive from government authorized testing center.
- PED Waiting Period:The insuer does not provide coverage for pre-existing diseases unless the waiting period specified in the insurance policy documents is over. If you choose to cover more than 50 employees then there is a waiver for PED waiting period.
How To Raise Claim Under Digit Group Health Insurance Policy?
If you want to raise a claim then you can follow the steps mentioned below. They are as follows:
- Inform Digit Insurance Company: If any of the employees or dependents gets sick, then first of all they need to inform the insurer about the illness after consulting with a doctor. You can contact the insurer by calling them at their toll-free number and email ID.
- Get Documents Ready: In order to raise a claim, you need to fill the claim form and submit the required documents along with it. Make sure to get those documents ready to make the claiming process quicker.
- Check Network Hospital: In case you want a cashless claim then the employer needs to check the hospital network and then go to the nearby network hospital, display their e-health car then Digit insurance policy will take care of the rest. Employees can also opt for the 50% advance cash benefit by providing medical expenses.
- Reimbursement: In case the employee goes to a non-network hospital for treatment, the insurer will provide reimbursement of the medical expenses. The employee needs to submit the required documents such as medical bills, consultation summary, test reports, etc.
How To Renew Digit Group Health Insurance Policy?
It is important to renew Digit health insurance to keep on enjoying the coverage benefits. Here are the steps that you can follow to renew your group health insurance policy.
- Step 1: Visit the official website of the insurer.
- Step 2: Enter the policy number and the details required.
- Step 3: Once you access your existing insurance plan, review the details.
- Step 4: If you want to add or remove any add-on then you can do so.
- Step 5: Adding and removing any add-on will reflect in the premium amount of your coming tenure.
- Step 6: Once you are done with it, make the payment using debit/credit card, net banking, UPI, etc.
- Step 7: Once you make the payment, Digit insurance company will send you the updated policy documents on your email and to your registered home address.
Note* Make sure to renew the insurance plan before the expiration date otherwise the insurer will not provide coverage for any peril if you raise the claim after the expiration.
How Does Digit Group Health Insurance Works?
A company whether an SME or a large organization opts for a group health insurance policy to provide coverage to their employees. The premium amount is either paid by only the employer or both employee and employer. For which the insured and their dependents such as a spouse, kids, etc. get coverage for hospitalization, medical expenses.
Since the employer purchased the group health insurance plan for the employees, the sum insured and plan opted by the employer will be the same for all the employees. Employees can also choose to add any of their dependents such as their spouse, kids and they can also add their parents by paying an additional premium.