Aditya Birla Group Health Insurance
Aditya Birla Health Insurance Company understands the diverse requirements of its customers. Resultantly, its health insurance policies are designed to provide you a vast range of health advantages to take care of your family and yourself.
With Individual health insurance plans like Activ Health Enhance and Activ Health Essentials, you get comprehensive coverage with attractive benefits. With Activ Assure and Activ Health plans you get coverage against the majority of health risks. In addition to all this, Aditya Birla also has an excellent segment of Group Health Insurance policies like Group Activ Secure and Group Activ Health with comprehensive benefits and coverage. A detailed description of these plans is mentioned below:
Aditya Birla Group Activ Health:
This group health insurance plan provides coverage for all the members' or employees' expenses that arise out of hospital treatment or medical emergency.
Aditya Birla Group Activ Health Insurance – Key Features
The key features of this plan are:
- The premiums that you pay towards this health insurance policy are exempted U/S section 80D of the IT Act, 1961.
- Easy and simple documentation process.
- The facility of cashless claim settlement.
- Simple underwriting for easy and quick policy issuance.
- Multiple cover options to select from.
Aditya Birla Group Activ Health Insurance - Benefits:
The advantages of this plan are:
Activ Health App:
- It is a special mobile app that helps to track your activities and health.
- This app has a feature to search for a nearby doctor.
- 24X7 access to electronic health records.
- This app has a feature to browse the healthcare network of the company.
Returns for Good Health:
- If you maintain good health and live a healthy lifestyle, you get rewards.
- You get up to 30% back of the premium of your health insurance.
- The policy provides an option to select a private or shared room during a stay at the hospital.
Aditya Birla Group Activ Health Tax Benefits:
- The premium that you pay under this plan is eligible to get tax exemption U/S 80D of the IT Act, 1961.
Second – Opinion:
- Second opinions are covered in case of critical disease.
- The policy provides an option to get a second opinion, even from international experts.
Aditya Birla Group Activ Health – Inclusions
The inclusions of this policy are:
- This plan provides coverage for all the possible medical treatment including:
- Expenses of hospitalization
- Daycare treatment:
- Post and pre-hospitalization expenses
- Charges of ambulance
- Expenses of health check-up
- In Group Activ Health, there is no waiting period for critical illnesses such as asthma, hypertension, heart ailments, diabetes, etc.
Aditya Birla Group Activ Health – Exclusions
The exclusions of this policy are as follows:
- Treatment that is directly or indirectly from or as a result of war or warlike act, foreign enemy act, invasion, warlike operations.
- Attempt to suicide, self-injury while insured is insane or sane.
- If one participates in extreme sports.
- Involvement or participation in the military, air force, or naval operations.
- Abuse of hallucinogenic substances or intoxicants like alcohol or intoxicating drugs.
- Aesthetic, cosmetic, re-shaping surgeries and treatments.
- Psychological or psychiatric disorders, stress, sleep apnea, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease, exhaustion or general debility ('rundown condition).
- STDs/ AIDS/ HIV
- External Congenital Anomalies, genetic disorder, defect or disease, stem cell therapy.
- Treatment that is taken in a foreign country.
Aditya Birla Group Activ Health – Claim Process
Within seven days of diagnosis, you must inform the HR of your organization and submit the documents related to the claim within 30 days.
List of Documents Needed for Filing a Claim:
- Duly filled and signed claim form
- Medical certificate confirming your illness or critical illness
- Indoor case papers’ photocopy, if there is any.
- Medico-legal certificate or FIR copy, in case of an accident.
- Specific documents, if needed.
Aditya Birla Group Activ Health – Eligibility Criteria
- In an organization where this policy is in effect, all employees are eligible.
Documents Needed to Purchase Aditya Birla Group Activ Care:
You do not need to provide any specific document for getting yourself enrolled in this policy if your organization has this policy. All the employees of an organization automatically get enrolled in this policy, if it is in effect.
Aditya Birla Group Activ Secure:
Under Group Activ Secure plan, an approximate advantage as per the scope of your organization’s selected plan is provided. The options of health events offered under this policy are:
- Group Personal Accident Cover
- Group Hospital Cash Benefits
- Group Critical Illness Cover
Aditya Birla Group Activ Secure – Key Features
The key features of this plan are:
- The cost of hospitalization is covered.
- Post and pre-hospitalization expenses are covered under this policy.
- The policy provides coverage for all the daycare processes that are listed in the policy.
- Expenses of health check-up incurred by the individual are also covered.
- An insured can claim the charges of the ambulance that are incurred at the time of transporting the insured to the hospital.
- Insured can avail of the cashless facility by availing the required treatment in the network hospital.
Aditya Birla Group Activ Secure – Inclusions
The inclusions of this policy are:
- The plan provides expenses of hospitalization in case of critical illness or personal accident as per the inclusions of the Group Activ Secure policy offered by your organization.
- Daycare treatment expenses are also covered.
- Post and pre-hospitalization medical expenses are covered.
- Expenses of the ambulance are covered.
- Expenses of health check-up are covered.
Aditya Birla Group Activ Secure – Exclusions
The exclusions of this policy are:
- Treatment of illness caused due to drug or alcohol abuse.
- Expenses incurred in the treatment of any type of HIV, STD, or AIDS.
- Treatment of illness other than that is mentioned in the policy document.
- Attempt to suicide or attempt to self-harm is also not covered.
- Diseases that are caused because of any act or activity that is against the law.
- Coverage for alternative treatments is not provided.
- Specific surgeries that are mentioned in the policy like dental surgery, cosmetic surgery, and joint replacement surgery are not covered.
Aditya Birla Group Health Insurance - FAQs
Q1: Is the facility of cashless treatment available under Group Activ Secure and Group Activ Health plan?
Ans: Irrespective of the type of group medical insurance plan offered by Aditya Birla Health Insurance Company, a policyholder is eligible to avail the facility of cashless treatment. Therefore, a cashless treatment facility is provided for both Group Activ Secure and Group Activ Health insurance plans. However, the policyholder has to ensure that the hospital or the healthcare center he/she has selected for treatment is listed under the network hospitals of Aditya Birla Health Insurance Company.
Q2: Will the premium that I pay for my health insurance policy exempted from income tax?
Ans: Yes, the premiums that you pay towards your group health insurance policy are qualified for income tax deduction U/S 80D of the IT Act, 1961. An individual policyholder can avail of a deduction of up to Rs. 25,000from his/her taxable income every year.
Q3: Are chronic diseases covered under a group health insurance policy offered by Aditya Birla Group Health Insurance?
Ans: Chronic illnesses like hypertension, diabetes, high cholesterol, and asthma are covered in Group Activ Health Plan’s Chronic Management Program.
Q4: How can I get in touch with Aditya Birla General Insurance Company?
Ans: To get in touch with Aditya Birla General Insurance Company you can either drop a mail to care.healthinsurance@adityabirla[dot]com or call their number 1800 270 7000.
Q5: Is it possible to raise a claim online?
Ans: Yes, it is possible to raise a claim online on the official website of Aditya Birla General Insurance company.
Written By: PolicyBazaar - Updated: 22 March 2021