What Is GIPSA & How Does It Work?
GIPSA stands for General Insurance Public Sector Association.It is a group of four General insurance companies. Those 4 companies are New India Assurance Company Ltd, National Insurance Company Ltd, United India Insurance Company Ltd and Oriental Insurance Company.Read more
Personalised health plans that fit your organization's requirements & dedicated experts to help you choose.
App & Website
*Premium starting from ₹110/Employee/Month for ₹1 Lac Sum Insured covering Health & Wellness Needs (excluding GST)
#Premium may vary on the basis of coverage type & add-ons
**All savings are provided by the insurer as per the IRDAI approved insurance plan. Standard T&C Apply
Organization we are trusted by
What Makes GIPSA Different From Others?
This group insurance companies has a particular price band with limited cashless services. The services are solely for limited hospitals which accept these companies' price bands and join their own PPN. As of now, this decision has impacted around 5.48 crore health insurance policyholders.
According to a statement by Karmayogi Pratishthan, Gaurang Damani, the founder of an NGO. Public interest litigation was filed against the GIPSA decision in the High Court, Bombay. When policyholders go to the hospitals for treatment, they have to pay a certain amount without any cashless group insurance facility. This may be disallowed eventually partially or fully by third-party administrators on certain grounds.
|You May Also like to Read: Does Group Health Insurance Cover Pre-Existing llnesses?|
How Does GIPSA Work?
GIPSA provides coverage for common illnesses such as kidney stones, cataracts, appendicitis, hysterectomy, angioplasty, etc. As mentioned above, the network hospitals of GIPSA will provide treatment coverage under the price band decided by GIPSA.
Few Relevant Points for Policyholders
Here are a few points that a policyholder should know:
- Policyholders can avail of cashless mediclaim services in the PPN network approved by GIPSA.
- PPN network hospitals have to charge as per the agreed package rates. If any hospital overcharges, the policyholder can raise a grievance with the insurance company.
- The insurer will reimburse as per the GIPSA rate if the policyholder raises a claim for reimbursement for a treatment done in a PPN network hospital.
- If a policyholder raises a reimbursement claim for a treatment done in a non-PPN network hospital, the insurance company will reimburse the amount as per the customary clause. The insurance company will calculate the amount as per the service and prevailing cost within the geographic area.
|You May Also like to Read: Who Is Eligible for Group Health Insurance?|
Benefits of GIPSA
Here are some of the benefits of GIPSA:
- All four insurers have negotiated a special package rate with many hospitals across 12 cities for several medical procedures.
- The list of cities: Ahemdabad, Chandigarh, Delhi, Chennai, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Indore, Kolkata, Coimbatore, Bangalore, Jaipur and Pune.
- GIPSA’s purpose is to have standard packages and charges for certain medical procedures to save customers from being charged more which would ensure better utilization of the sum insured amount.
- Medical procedures such as Kidney transplant, total knee replacement, CABG, Liver transplant, Dialysis, etc. are generally covered. There are more than 550 hospitals enrolled with GIPSA.
|You May Also like to Read: Factors to Consider before Buying Group Health Insurance|
If you live in one of the 12 cities mentioned above and want to get yourself covered under a cost-effective group health insurance policy then you can purchase the health insurance plan from any of the 4 insurance companies mentioned above. You can look for a suitable group insurance policy online and learn about the coverage, terms and conditions in detail.
Group Health insurance articles
22 Sep 2022In India, the small and medium enterprises sector has emerged as...
21 Sep 2022In recent years, there has been a significant rise in...
21 Sep 2022Adequate health insurance forms an important component in a...
21 Sep 2022In today’s job market, an employee benefits package that is...
21 Sep 2022As per research by Oxford University’s Said Business School...