The base coverage in the United Group Health Insurance Policy spans the customary hospitalization and alternative and modern forms of treatment.
- In-patient Hospitalization:The cover is extensive for all medical expenses incurred during the hospital stay, which should be a minimum of 24 hours.
- Pre and Post Hospitalization Expenses: The insurer indemnity is available for all medical expenses for 30 and 60 days, respectively.
- Alternative Treatment: The insured is free to seek AYUSH Treatment as the policy fully covers it.
- Daycare Treatment: The cost of procedures and surgeries are undertaken in a hospital consuming less than 24 hours are covered in the policy.
- Donor Expenses: The cover extends to the cost of organ harvesting and where the insured is the recipient.
- Mental Illness Cover: In-patient treatment expenses are covered up to a defined limit.
Inclusions of the Plan
There are ample reasons to buy United Group Health Insurance Policy for its great features of covering every facet of quality healthcare.
- Ambulance Charges: The policy indemnity for emergency evacuation of the insured is 0.5% of the sum insured up to Rs 2500 per event, or 1% of the sum insured up to Rs 5000 per policy period.
- Health Check-up: The Insurer reimburses the cost of Health Check-up in a block of every three claim-free years.
- Optional Covers:
- Maternity Expenses Cover
- Newborn Baby Cover
- Restoration of Benefit Insured
- Daily Hospital Cash Allowance
Exclusions of the Plan
The insured needs to be aware of the existing exclusions in the policy to have a better understanding of the insurance cover.
- General Exclusions:
- First 30 days: The Insurer shall not pay for any illness claim, other than accidental injury, raised in the first 30 days of policy inception.
- Specific: The policy does not pay the treatment cost of specifically listed ailments for 24/48 months.
- Pre-existing Diseases: The cover for Pre-existing Diseases commences after serving the 48 months waiting period.
- Permanent Exclusions: The insured must consult the policy bond to get detailed information on the conditions and situations not covered.
Features & Benefits of the United Group Health Insurance Policy
The features and benefits can be checked for Online United Group Health Insurance Policy:
- Sum Insured: The policy offers a minimum of Rs 3 Lakh and a maximum Rs 25 Lakh.
- Policy Term: The usual policy term is one year with lifelong renewability.
- Accommodation Limits:
- Room Rent:
- Sum insured below Rs 5 Lakh: 1% of the sum insured.
- Sum Insured over Rs 5 Lakh: 1% of sum insured but single occupancy.
- ICU Charges:
- Sum insured below Rs.5 Lakhs: 2% of the sum insured.
- Sum Insured over Rs.5 Lakh: Actual.
- Tax Benefit: The premium paid in the United Group Health Insurance Policy is entitled to tax exemption as per prevailing tax laws.
To avail this policy, the following eligibility criteria have to be fulfilled:
|Minimum Entry Age
||Child: 91 days (provided parents are covered)
Adult: 18 years
|Maximum Entry Age
||Child: 26 years (Family Floater)
Adult: 65 years
|The Number of people covered:
||Indian Citizens & Residents
The insured can terminate the policy. Towards this effect, the Insured needs to send a written 15-days' notice to the Insurer and receive a refund as per insurer rules.
Likewise, the Insurer can terminate the policy by sending a 15-day notice to the Insured. This happens in the case of misrepresentation or concealment of information by the Insured or on the grounds of moral hazards or non-cooperation.