The subscribers who have completed 58 years of age will get letters from EPFO informing them about their eligibility to claim for the benefits of pension.
8th April, 2014; NEW DELHI: The subscribers who have attained 58 years of age will be informed about their eligibility for pension by the Retirement fund body EPFO (Employees' Provident Fund Organisation) under the Employees' Pension Scheme, 1995 (EPS-95).
123 field offices of EPFO are given instructions in this regard for the avoidance of wrong contribution of subscribers towards EPS-95 after completing 58 years of their age.
The subscribers are not required to contribute towards pension scheme after attaining 58 years of age under EPS-95 scheme. They cease to be a member of the pension scheme after that.
However, a subscriber can remain a member of the EPFO's Employees Provident Fund and Employees Deposit Linked Insurance Scheme, 1976 till he retires.
No age bar is kept for these schemes. For members to file claims of pension and PF immediately, letters and list may be generated and spread through employers. An order of EPFO's office said that there will not be any erroneous diversion of contribution into Employees' Pension Fund by following this method.
The application software used by the EPFO has the facility of generating list and letters in respect of members who have completed the age of 58 years. So, it's just a click away after digitization of the body to generate the list of such members and letters for them informing them that they need to claim pension benefits.
- Most Read
- Benefits of National Pension System
Date: 04 January 2019
- Invest in Long-term Plans to Build a Retirement Corpus
Date: 28 November 2018
- Best Pension or Retirement Plans for NRIs 2018-19
Date: 08 November 2018
- NPS Withdrawal Rules and How to Choose Pension Fund Manager
Date: 06 September 2018
- Why Retirement Planning should be on your Priority List
Date: 02 August 2018
- National Pension Scheme (NPS) – Govt Approved Pension Scheme
Views : 546105
- EPF v/s VPF v/s PPF: Which One is Better?
Views : 200378
- 10 Best Pension Plans in 2017-18
Views : 191383
- LIC Senior Citizen Pension Scheme 2019
Views : 109666
- NSC Vs PPF: Which is Better
Views : 100070