Fire Insurance for School
Fire insurance for School covers loss or damage caused due to school buildings due to fire accidents along with the content kept inside the building. Apart from this, the insurance plan provides coverage for damages caused due to the bursting of the water tank, specified natural calamities, etc.Read more
Get ₹50 Lakhs Fire & Burglary insurance @ just ₹3400/yearly*
Quick & Hassle free
*Premium varies on the basis of Occupancy, Business Activity & Coverage Type
Fire Insurance for School: Inclusions
The fire insurance plan provides coverage for the following perils:
- Fire: Any kind of loss caused due to a fire accident.
- Aircraft: If the aircraft crashes on the school building.
- Explosion: Damage caused due to explosion.
- Natural calamity: Damage caused by cyclones, typhoons, etc. is covered.
- Lightning: In case of lightning and if it cracks the building is also covered.
- Water tank overflow: if the water tank overflows and damages the content inside the school building or the building structure from the inside.
- Landslide: If the school is built in a hilly area and a landslide at a particular hill causes any damage then it will be covered.
Fire Insurance for School: Exclusions
The insurance plan does not provide coverage for the following perils:
- Loss or damage caused due to war or war-like situations
- Loss or damage caused due to willful negligence
- Loss caused due to terrorist attack.
- Loss or damage caused due to pollution or contamination
- In case any content of property goes missing
- Consequential loss of any kind.
- Any kind of loss caused to the policyholder in the share market as well as loss of earnings
Fire Insurance for School: Claim Process
Follow the steps given below to raise a claim under this insurance policy:
- Inform the insurer as soon as any specified peril takes place.
- Ask for the claim form and fill it
- Provide detailed information on how the damage took place.
- Give the insurer an estimated amount of loss sustained by you.
- The insurer will send a surveyor to the damaged site.
- Assist the surveyor during the inspection
- Once the surveyor is done and gives a green signal to the insurer, the insurer will begin the claim settlement process.
Fire Insurance for School: Documents Required
Keep the following documents handy while raising the claim:
- Policy copy
- Passport size photo
- Newspaper cutting of the published fire accident news
- Fire Brigade report on damage
- Record of the previous claim raised
- FIR, if any
Fire Insurance for School: FAQs
Q1. Is it compulsory to purchase fire insurance for school?Ans: No, it is not compulsory to purchase fire insurance for the school. However, this insurance plan can protect you from financial liabilities in case any specified peril in the policy takes place.
Q2. Can I Purchase fire insurance for my school at a lower cost?Ans: Yes, you can purchase fire insurance for your school at a lower cost. Before assigning the policy to you, the insurer will check if you have taken basic safety precautions in your school such as water sprinklers, fire extinguishers, etc. If you have not taken such precautions then the premium amount will be higher because not taking such precautions will increase the chances of loss or damages eventually leading to a higher number of claims.
Q3. If an airplane drops anything during flight and the dropped content causes any kind of damage to the school building structure, will the insurance policy cover it?Ans: Yes, the insurance policy will provide coverage for any loss or damage caused to the school building due to any content dropped from an airplane.
Q4. Will the insurer provide coverage for consequential loss?Ans: No, the insurer will not provide coverage for consequential loss.