Fire Insurance for Clinic/Hospitals: Inclusions
The fire insurance for the Clinic/Hospital provides coverage for the following perils:
- Fire: Since it is fire insurance, it will provide cover for the damage and loss caused by fire.
- Lightning: This plan provides cover for the damage caused in case lightning cracks or breaks the roof of the Clinic/Hospital.
- Airplane crash: In case there is an airplane that crashed on the roof of the Clinic/Hospital or dropped some article that caused damage to the house will be covered.
- Terrorist attack: In case there is a loss or damage caused by any terrorist attack, this policy will provide cover for that.
- Bush Fire: In case the Clinic/Hospital is surrounded by the bush that catches fire and damages the Clinic/Hospital will be covered.
- Water tank burst: A water tank is one of the most important things in a Clinic/Hospital. In case it burst out and causes damage to the Clinic/Hospital, it will be covered under the policy.
- Specific Natural Calamity: In case there is damage caused by storms, landslides, etc will be covered under this policy.
- Explosion: In case an explosion takes place in the house that causes damage will be covered under the policy.
Fire Insurance for Clinic/Hospitals: Exclusions
Fire insurance for clinics/hospitals does not provide coverage for the following perils:
- Nuclear Perils: In case you have stored nuclear peril inside your Clinic/Hospital that caused damage will not be covered under this policy.
- Short circuit: In case there is a short circuit that takes place and damages the Clinic/Hospital will not be covered under this policy.
- War: In case a war or civil war is going on that causes damage to the Clinic/Hospital will not be covered under the policy.
- Temperature change: In case of temperature change that caused any kind of damage to the content of the Clinic/Hospital such as medicines, drugs, etc. will not be covered under the policy.
- Specified Natural Calamity: If there is an earthquake or volcanic eruption that caused damage to the Clinic/Hospital, the insurer will not provide cover for it.
Fire Insurance for Clinic/Hospitals: Add-ons
If the standard fire insurance policy does not provide you with enough coverage for your Clinic/Hospital then you can add on different riders that you can purchase and add to your existing plan. They are as follows:
- Loss of Rent
- Architect fee
- Forest fire cover
There are several other add-ons available that you can inquire about from your desired insurance company.
Fire Insurance for Clinic/Hospitals: Claim Process
The most important part that you should be aware of is how to raise a claim when a fire accident takes place. Let us tell you how to do that.
- When a fire accident takes place, tell your insurer immediately.
- Give them every single detail related to the damage the fire accident caused and an estimated cost of it.
- The insurer will send a surveyor to the Clinic/Hospital and you will have to cooperate with them.
- After the survey, the insurance company will begin the procedure of the claiming process.
- In a few days, your claim will get settled.
Fire Insurance for Clinic/Hospitals: Documents Required
There are a few documents that you need to provide to the insurer so that they can begin to settle your claim.
- Policy copy with schedule and clause included
- Claim form filled up properly
- Newspaper cutting if it has been printed in anyone
- Previous raised claim record
- Fire brigade report
- Forensic report if the insurer asks for it.
- Investigation report copy