Fire Insurance for Office: Inclusions
Fire insurance provides cover for below mentioned perils:
- Fire: Damage caused by fire accidents is covered.
- Explosion: Damage caused by an explosion is covered.
- Aircraft: Damage or loss caused by an aircraft crash is covered.
- Lightning: In case of lightning and if it cracks the building is also covered.
- Natural calamity: Damage caused by typhoons, cyclones, etc is covered.
- Landslide: if your office is in a hilly area and the landslide causes any damage to the office then it will be covered.
- Water tank overflow: If the water tank kept on the roof of your office building bursts out then the damage caused by it will be covered.
Fire Insurance for Office: Exclusion
Fire insurance for office does not provide coverage for the following:
- Willful negligence leading to any kind of damage will not be covered
- Damage caused by terrorist activity is not covered.
- Damage caused due to war will not be covered.
- Damage caused by terrorist activity will not be covered.
- Loss in the share market or loss of earnings will not be covered.
Fire Insurance for Office: Claim Process
Follow the below-mentioned steps to raise your claim under fire insurance for office:
- Inform the insurer when a fire accident takes place in your office
- Ask for the claim form and fill it up
- Provide detailed information on the damage
- Tell them an estimated amount of the damage
- The insurance company will send investigators to survey the premises
- Help them during the survey and tell them everything in detail
- Once they are done with the survey they will begin the settlement process.
Fire Insurance for Office: Documents Required
To raise a claim after the fire accident, you will be required to provide the following document along with the claim form:
- Copy of the policy
- The policy should consist schedule and clauses.
- Newspaper cutting if the accident has been published in any.
- If you raised any previous claim then a record of it.
- Passport size photo
- Report of a fire brigade
- Investigation report