Fire Insurance for Shop: Inclusion
Fire insurance for shop provides coverage for the following perils:
- Fire: Since it is a fire insurance policy, it provides cover for damage or loss caused by fire.
- Lightning: In case of any damage or loss caused by lightning that breaks the roof of your shop is covered.
- Explosion: In case of an explosion that turns into a fire is covered under this policy.
- Damage by Aeroplane: If an aeroplane carshes on your shop and damages the property. The policy will cover for the damage
- Natural Calamity: In case of an storm, typhoon that caused damage to your shop will be covered.
- Landslide/Rockslide: In case you have a shop in a hilly area and a landslide or rockslide causes damage then this policy will provide cover for the damages.
- Overflowing of Tank: In case you have a water tank on the roof of your shop and it overflows or busrt out and damages your property will be covered under the policy.
- Bush Fire: If there are bushes around your shop and they catch fire and damage your property, then this policy will cover for the damage.
Fire Insurance for Shop: Exclusions
Fire insurance for shop does not provide coverage for the following perils:
- Willful or intentional damages
- Missing property
- Pollution of contamination
- War, invasion or warlike situation
- Consequential losses are not covered
- Damage caused by a nuclear attack
- Damage caused to your shop by a terrorist attack
There are eligibility criteria that need to be fulfilled in order to purchase a fire insurance policy.
- If you own a shop and willing to protect it from any unforeseen incdent, you can purchase the policy.
- If you own a shop that sells furniture, own a home or a commercial building then you can purchase the policy.
- If you have a godown where you keep the extra content of your shop then you can also purchase the policy.
- Banks, Research institutes can also purchase the policy.
Fire Insurance for Shop: Claim Process
In case of a fire accident, you can follow the below-mentioned procedure to raise the claim.
- First of all, inform the insurance company and fill the claim form.
- Tell them about the damage in detail.
- An estimated amount of the content should also be provided to the insurance company.
- A team of inspectors will come to survey the shop.
- Assist them while they are surveying the shop.
- Once they are done, the process to pay you for the damages caused will begin.
Documents Required to Raise Claim
When you raise a claim against the fire incident, you will have to provide a set of documents along with the claim form. They are as follows:
- Policy copy
- Claim form
- Any newspaper cutting that printed the fire incident. It will work as proof.
- If you have raised any claim in previous year.
- Passport size photos as many required.
- Report of the fire brigade
- Investigation report copy