Digit General Fire Insurance
Go Digit General Insurance Ltd. is a tech-based general insurance company from Bengaluru, India. The company focuses on selling different types of insurance plans, including fire insurance for commercial property. Bharat Sookshma Udyam Suraksha and Bharat Laghu Udyam Suraksha are two types of fire insurance plans offered by this company.Read more
Get right expert advice
Hassle free policy
Quick & Hassle free
Features of Digit General Fire Insurance Policy
- The Bharat Sookshma Udyam Suraksha policy protects the insured property that is not exceeding the limit of ₹ 5 crores.
- The Bharat Laghu Udyam Suraksha policy protects the insured property worth more than ₹ 5 crores but not exceeding the limit of ₹ 50 crores.
- Small & medium business owners, large enterprises, shop owners, and all commercial building owners can purchase this policy.
- The policy covers the building structure and its contents, such as cash in a safe or shop counter, etc.
Digit General Fire Insurance: Inclusions
The Digit General Fire insurance policy offers coverage for the following perils-
- Loss or damage caused to the insured property by lightning, volcanic eruption, earthquake, or other forces of nature
- Fire loss or damage caused to the insured property by hurricanes, tornados, tsunamis, storms, cyclones, tempests, typhoons, floods, and inundations
- Fire damage caused to the insured property due to landslide or rockslide
- Damage to the insured property due to bushfire, jungle fire, and forest fire
- Fire outbreak due to an impact of, or collision due to any external object such as a falling tree, wall, aircraft, etc.
- Damages to the insured property due to missile testing operations
- Fire damages due to acts of terrorism (coverage decided as per the terrorism clause mentioned in the policy documents)
- Fire damages due to strikes, riots, vandalism, and other malicious activities
- Fire damages to the insured property due to bursting water tankers, pipes, and apparatus
- Leakage from automatic sprinklers during their installations caused a fire outbreak.
Digit General Fire Insurance: Exclusions
The Digit General Fire insurance policy does not offer any coverage for the following circumstances-
- Loss caused due to undergoing heat or drying process in the insured property
- Any loss caused to the insured property by a court's order or any public authority announcement
- Fire explosion due to economizers, boilers, machinery, apparatus, or any other vessels which generate steam
- Fire explosion in the insured property by centrifugal forces
- Fire damages caused by cracking, bedding down, or movement of the made-up ground in the insured building structure
- Any loss or damage due to faulty design or defective materials
- Fire loss or damage in the insured building due to pressure waves created by aircraft, space device, or any other aerial device travelling at sonic or supersonic speed
- Any exclusions as per the terrorism clause mentioned in the policy documents
- No coverage for damaged articles located or attached from outside the insured premises.
Digit General Fire Insurance: Claim Process
Here are the steps to raise a claim under Digit General Fire insurance-
- As soon as any loss or physical damage occurs, inform the insurer about it and the financial loss
- Inform the fire station department as soon as possible to prevent further loss
- Report to local police and report an FIR
- In case of a landslide or rockslide, inform the district administration
- The insurer will send a surveyor or invigilator to estimate the loss of extent in the fire incident
- Submit an estimate for repair or replacement bill for the loss in the fire incident
- Do not sell, give away or dispose of any damaged item in the fire outbreak without the permission of the surveyor
- Do not wash off or remove any damaged articles in the property without the consent of the surveyor
- Do not initiate the repairs without the approval of the insurer
- Keep all the evidence of lost or damaged goods handy
- Make sure to cooperate surveyor during the inspection process and submit the claim form at the earliest (at least 30 days from the date of the incident).
Digit General Fire Insurance: Documents Required
Here is a list of mandatory documents required to submit along with the claim form to the insurer for a successful claim settlement-
- Fire insurance policy copy
- Duly filled and signed claim form
- FIR report (if police are involved)
- Fire brigade report
- A brief statement of the loss in the insured property
- Any supporting report issued from the local or government authority
- Details of loss or damage under add-on covers (if any)
- Submit photographs in support of loss or physical damage in the insured property
Ans: Digit General Fire Insurance offers two types of fire insurance policies, namely-
- Bharat Sookshma Udyam Suraksha Policy- covers insured property worth ₹ 5 crores.
- Bharat Laghu Udyam Suraksha Policy -covers insured property worth ₹ 5 crores - ₹ 50 crores.
Ans: No, fire insurance is not compulsory in India. However, if the property is mortgaged, the mortgagee is mandatorily required to have a fire insurance policy for the outstanding loan amount.
Ans: The fire insurance policy is an annual policy, i.e. the policy period is one year.
Ans: Here is the formula for calculating the claim amount in fire insurance-
Claim payable = (Loss suffered x Insured value) / Total value of the insured property