Annual Medical Check-up in Group Health Insurance
A balanced and nutritious diet, regular exercise, and a routine health check-up are vital to detect early diseases and to minimize health-related risks. Knowing the importance of health check-ups, insurance providers now offer annual medical check-ups as a complementary or added benefit to the insured. Annual medical check-ups in group health insurance have become a common feature, just as in retail policies.Read more
Personalised health plans that fit your organization's requirements & dedicated experts to help you choose.
App & Website
*Premium starting from ₹110/Employee/Month for ₹1 Lac Sum Insured covering Health & Wellness Needs (excluding GST)
#Premium may vary on the basis of coverage type & add-ons
**All savings are provided by the insurer as per the IRDAI approved insurance plan. Standard T&C Apply
Organization we are trusted by
What is Annual Medical Check-up in Group Health Insurance?
An annual medical check-up in group health insurance is a medical examination provided by the insurance company. This facility is offered to the employees who are members of the group policy every year. Some insurance companies may provide free annual medical checkups, whereas some may charge a fee (additional premium) and offer it as an add-on.
The annual medical check-up in group health insurance may cover employees and their dependents (if they are covered in the policy). The frequency of these check-ups is mentioned in the policy document, which is mostly once a year or once in two years. The routine check-up is conducted in empaneled hospitals or the listed diagnostic centers. The employee and dependents can pre-book an appointment and undergo the tests.
How to Avail of Annual Medical Check-ups in Group Health Insurance
As mentioned above, an annual medical check-up in group health insurance is usually a complimentary service provided by the insurance company or taken as an added benefit by the employer. For employees to avail of this facility the following procedure can be followed:
- Firstly, the employee should ensure that the employer's health insurance plan has an option for annual medical check-ups.
- The employee on the confirmation, can then connect with the TPA or the insurance company and acquire an authorization letter to undergo the tests.
- The employee then needs to check with the approved list of diagnostic centers or hospitals that the insurance company has tie-up with.
- The insured can visit these approved medical centers and get the tests done.
What are the Benefits of Annual Medical Check-up in Group Health Insurance?
Healthcare costs are on the rise. To help employees financially during medical emergencies, employers offer group medical insurance policy as a part of the employee benefits package. Group insurance plans with annual medical check-up facilities offer multiple benefits.
Benefits for the employee:
- The employee can understand their health-related risks (if any) and take precautionary measures be reduce them.
- The cost of these check-ups is borne by the insurance company (if it is a complimentary feature) or the employer (if it is an add-on feature)
- A good quality and easily available check-up can be done from a reputed and vast list of hospitals.
- It helps in maintaining the overall well-being of the employee
Benefits for the employer
- The cost of hospitalization and future claims can be reduced due to early detection of an ailment.
- A healthy employee would mean higher productivity at work
- Since this facility provides more (compared to a traditional insurance), the employee feels valued, thereby increasing the retention rate and aiding in better hiring.
Some of the Medical Tests Covered under Annual Medical Check-up in Group Insurance
- ECG test
- Complete blood count
- Blood sugar levels test
- Blood pressure test
- Vitamin deficiency test
- Lipid profile test
- Chest X-ray
- Urine test
- Kidney, Liver function test, etc.
Benefits like complimentary annual medical check-ups in group insurance are often overlooked or forgotten by the employees. In most cases, employees are not even aware of this benefit. The employer should therefore take measures to inform his employees to avail of this highly valuable benefit. This could help your employees take the right measures for overall health and well-being.
Group Health insurance articles
01 Dec 2022Amid soaring medical inflation and healthcare expenses...
29 Nov 2022Employee welfare is one of the prime responsibilities of an...
29 Nov 2022With the rapidly changing work environment and needs of the...
23 Nov 2022Group health insurance for manufacturing industry covers medical...
07 Nov 2022When buying a group health insurance policy, apart from the sum...