Ways to Enhance Engagement by Focusing on Employee's Health
To get the best outcome at your workplace, your employees need to be engaged intellectually, emotionally, and physically. As an employer, you must incorporate employee wellness programs to increase their engagement and boost productivity.Read more
Dedicated claims manager
All round wellness benefits
Whom do you want to insure?
Employee, spouse & kids
Understanding Employee Engagement
An engaged workforce is fully concentrated and enthusiastic towards its work. Also, it takes positive action in the favour of the organization's reputation and interests. In simple words, employees work for the betterment and always have a positive attitude towards everyone working for the organization.
Employee engagement has also become a synonym for employee experience and employee satisfaction. That is why it is important to give recognition to employees for their hard work.
Importance of Employee's Engagement in an Organization
Employee engagement is a crucial indication in deciding your organization's overall performance. Your employee must have a sense of belonging towards the company.
Several factors lead to employee disengagement at the workplace.
Lack of recognition by the employer, poor internal communication, employee burnout, no sense of security, and not being aligned with organizational goals are some of the major factors which lead to this.
An employee who is engaged at work are more likely to be productive consistently and thus, becomes one of the key reasons for employee retention. An employer should invest in employee engagement for a healthy working environment, increased productivity, retaining top personnel, and maintaining work quality.
Things to Do to Increase the Employee's Engagement
Below we have mentioned a few ways to increase the engagement of your employees.
1. Offering Guidance on Stress Management
We all know that excessive stress at your work is hazardous. Work-related stress can lead to low productivity. But in all of this, we forget to talk about the effect of employee burnout on their health. It can degrade their health and lead to other problems.
In some cases, employees leave the place because of the level of stress they had to go through. In India, many organizations are introducing stress-reducing mechanisms to assist them. They invite a healthcare specialist to give them a regular check-up. They also offer a guide for managing stress in the workplace.
During the pandemic, we have seen many changes in the working style and pattern of an employee leading to changes in their behaviour as well. To encourage them, several corporates have introduced employee wellness programs like meditation classes, yoga classes, and mindfulness-based sessions. All these activities have created a healthy virtual community and helped people to fight back against stress.
2. Give Them Sense of Recognition
To boost engagement, you can offer them a sense of recognition in the organization. By this, they will automatically become a brand ambassador of your company's working culture. You should know what they want from you.
Giving recognition means appreciating the work that makes them feel how valuable they are for the organization. You must evaluate their work and reward them for their constant efforts in making your brand successful.
Also, giving recognition means attracting, retaining, and satisfying them in every possible way.When you value their work, they have no qualms about going the extra mile while working.
3. Encourage Wellness by Offering Several Benefits
Promoting health and wellness should be prioritized by every employer. After all, a healthy employee means a happy employee. Below we have mentioned a few ways to encourage the good health of your employees-
- Provide them with sound office equipment. Usually, office jobs mean long sitting hours and no physical activities. So, your office must be equipped with a comfortable ergonomic chair.
- Encourage exercise and movements within the organization. Ask them to join any yoga, gym, or other physical activity.
- Suggest a quick stretching session after long working hours.
- Organize fitness challenges, this will encourage them to participate and focus more on their health.
- Beyond physical health, you must take care of their mental health as well. By this, you can help them in balancing their professional and personal lives. You can do this by permitting flexible working, promoting hybrid working culture, relaxing working environment, and enhanced leave policy.
- The most important thing is to offer them group health insurance. This will provide them with a sense of security while working. It will also help them monitor their health and seek any medical help during their tough times.
How Does Group Health Insurance Encourage Employees?
We have always heard about the importance of group health insurance in an organization. But do you know how it encourages employees to increase productivity? Below we have mentioned the importance of group insurance for employees-
- It creates trust and loyalty among the employees towards their current employer. If you take care of the health of your employees, they will definitely give their best in the form of higher productivity.
- With this, they can track their daily activities, book appointments, and always be proactive towards eating & staying healthy.
- It will reduce the financial burden from their mind which will ultimately engage them in their work.
- They can also buy any required add-on covers in their plan as per their needs.
Summing It Up
A healthy relationship between an employer and employee determines how successfully the brand is doing. As an employer, you must create ways to encourage wellness for your employees. After all, these things will enhance the work quality in the organization and a better lifestyle for the employees.
Wait! Didn't find what you were looking for?
Our certified business insurance experts are just a call away.
Call scheduled successfully
insurance coverage. Be assured, all your questions
will be answered