Corporate Group Health Insurance - An Intro
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 13421 -
Updated date : 20 February 2020
As the name implies, Corporate Group Health Insurance is wherein the employer provides healthcare coverage to the employees (which in many cases extends to the employees' family as well). For working professionals, a group health insurance plan is one of the most lucrative perks offered by employers.
More often than not, these plans are uniform, offering the same features and benefits to all the members of the group being insured.
Corporate Health Plans are Usually of Two Types:
- Contributory plans wherein the group member/employee needs to pay a part of the premium along with the employer.
- Non-contributory plans wherein the employer pays the premium in full.
The biggest benefit of group health insurance is that it is way cheaper than individual health plans (per person). Hence, it is beneficial for those people who cannot afford decent health cover by themselves. The insured group member/employee should never hesitate to question the features and exclusions of the plan being offered by your employer.
The reason why it comes at a subsidized rate is simple to understand, the risk taken by the insurer is spread over a number of people rather than a single person, thus thinning it out. One might wonder how the premium set on corporate group health insurance plans is. Here’s how it works. The insurance company assesses the risk factor on each member enlisted in the plan. Subsequent to that, the risk factor is blended and the premium is fixed on the averaged risk factor of the group.
Most of the organizations today provide group health insurance coverage to their employees but it is always better to get an individual health insurance plan even if your employer has got you insured. The reason being, that corporate health plans are valid only as long as you are an employee of the company. So obviously your group health plan will cease to cover you when you leave your current organization. The new organization that you join might give you a lower health cover that would not suffice your healthcare needs or it might not offer a health cover at all. Hence, it is imperative to get an individual health insurance plan as well.
- Most Read
- Standard Corona Kavach Policy for COVID-19 from July 10, 2020: IRDAI
Date: 29 June 2020
- IRDAI makes Health Insurance Claims Non-contestable after 8-years of Paying the Premium
Date: 17 June 2020
- 10 Major Benefits of Ayushman Bharat Yojana
Date: 01 June 2020
- How to Apply for Ayushman Bharat Scheme – A Simple Guide
Date: 01 June 2020
- Is Arogya Sanjeevani the Ideal Health Insurance Plan for India?
Date: 27 May 2020
- Best Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 651956
- Top Maternity Insurance Plans
Views : 376191
- Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 286455
- Top Family Health Insurance Policies in India 2020
Views : 255663
- Health Insurance Claims Ratio- Things You Should Look Before Buying Health Insurance
Views : 192595
- Income Tax Calculator
- Other Calculators
- Pension Calculator
- Savings Calculator
- Save Regularly
- Actual Savings
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator
- Travel Insurance Calculator