What are the Inclusions of Home Insurance Policy?
To fulfil each individual's varied demands, various home insurance companies in India offer a broad range of home insurance plans. Also, to get the best policy according to your needs, searching thoroughly and buying home insurance online is always suggested.
In the below paragraphs, we have explained the most popular home insurance inclusions offered by the top home insurance companies of India:
Standard Fire and Special Perils Coverage
This home protection cover offers coverage against fire outbreaks and special perils. All kinds of house owners and tenants can buy this plan. In this home insurance online plan, the sum insured is calculated based on the cost of reconstruction of the building.
Some other risks included in this area:
- Damages or losses to the insured house due to natural calamities like thunder & lightning, storms, hails, landslides, rockslides, cyclones, bush/forest fires, floods, etc.
- Damages from man-made disasters like riots, strikes, explosions/implosions, vandalism, etc.
- Damage caused to the insured house by direct contact with rail or road vehicles.
- Damages from overflowing or bursting water tanks, taps, pipes, and home appliances.
- Damage caused to the insured house due to leakage or overflow of liquid from automatic sprinkler installations.
Home Structure Coverage
A home structure cover is also known as a home building insurance plan. This cover protects your building from different kinds of risks.
Some of the inclusions in this area:
- The policy protects any permanent fixtures in your house, including kitchen fittings, bathroom essentials, and damages to the ceiling or roof of the insured building.
- This policy covers the damages to the garages, sheds, and outdoor rooms that are part of your home structure.
Public Liability Coverage
Public liability coverage protects if any guest or third party causes damage to the insured property. This cover protects you against the liability to compensate for the physical harm caused to your insured house by any third party.
Personal Accident Coverage
This type of cover offers financial protection for you and your family in case of an accident that might lead to physical injury, permanent disablement, or fatal death.
Burglary & TheftCoverage
It gives you cover in case of burglary or theft in an insured house. It includes personal belongings that are stolen or damaged.
Content coverage refers to heavy possession inside the insured house and requires protection. Including this cover will protect the goods inside the insured home. This includes items like televisions, refrigerators, and other electronic devices. Your important documents are also covered under it.
Moreover, it helps you when you replace the interiors of your house in case of any mishaps, including floods or house fires, which lead to a massive breakdown.
As a tenant, you can also buy a home insurance plan for your rented house. The best option for you will be to protect the contents instead of opting for the building cover. This option is available for all the tenants who live in a rented place. Also, it is essential as a tenant to protect your contents if you are residing in a rented house.
As a landlord, you must keep your rented house secure. The standard home insurance policy usually does not fulfil all landlord requirements. That is why if you own a house and keep it for renting purposes, you must look for landlord coverage in your home insurance policy, as it will cover things like loss of rent and protect public liability.
What are the Exclusions of Home Insurance Policy?
A home insurance policy does not cover certain risks that might damage your house's structure and content. Below, we have mentioned a list of exclusions in your home insurance policy:
- Damages due to the intended destruction of your insured house.
- Damages to any property constructed under a restricted area.
- Damage to the home structure or contents that were not insured previously and added as new.
- Damages to the insured house due to the carelessness of the homeowner.
- Damages caused to the insured property that does not have valid evidence at the time of raising claims.
- Any loss or damage to the insured house due to burglary or theft when you left your home unused for more than 30 to 45 days.
- Damages to the insured house due to regular wear and tear.
People also read About Bharat Griha Raksha Policy
Buying a house comes with a big responsibility, and you must protect it from all risks under any condition. Before buying a home insurance online, it is suggested to search the plans on the internet, compare plans offered by different home insurance companies. For this, you can visit Policybazaar.com to compare & choose a property insurance online which is accurate for your home structure and gives you comprehensive coverage.