Future Generali Home Insurance
Future Generali is a General Insurance Company that works as a joint venture between the leading Indian Business Conglomerate, the Future Group of industries and the Generali group, which is a leading Italian based company, which is a prime leader in financial protection and wealth management. The Generali Group is the largest insurance company in Italy and is also among the most reputed and largest insurance providers in Europe. The company started its operations in September 2007 and is present in more than 125 locations across India. The company offers a range of insurance products for its customers across all segments that includes all major insurance that a person may need. When it comes to Home Insurance, the company offers its customers a comprehensive Home Insurance plan that protects its customer’s home and assets from a variety of unforeseen and unwanted circumstances.
Why Home Insurance?
A home is something more than just walls and beams, it is a place of comfort and safety, where dreams are built, memories are made and families grow. A home is also an investment of a lifetime, given all these factors of what makes up a home; it is prudent and advisable to take home insurance to protect this precious place in our lives.
Home insurance offers protection to the home and all the furniture and valuable content within it. This protection is against any unforeseen and unfortunate situations like burglary, theft, riots and fire, etc., as well as natural calamities such as earthquakes.
Home Insurance Policy offered by Future Generali Insurance
Future Generali offers a home insurance plan that protects the home and all the content within it from various unforeseen situations that may be caused by man, e.g. riots and burglary, or caused by nature, for example, earthquakes, etc. The Future Generali Home Insurance plan is all-inclusive and protects the home and everything within it.
Future Generali home insurance policy is a householder’s package policy that insures your house and its contents against the fire, burglary, breakdown of electrical appliances, housebreaking, etc. If you are living in a rented house you can get your house contents also insured.
Why purchase Future Generali Home Insurance Policy?
There are many reasons to purchase Future Generali home insurance policy; it is a leading insurance provider in India that provides affordable insurance across all segments and industries. Future Generali is committed to providing insurance with the minimum amount of hassle and documentation. Claims are settled quickly and trained teams of customer care specialists handle queries quickly and efficiently. The advantages of purchasing home insurance from Future Generali are as follows:
- It protects your property and its contents under a single policy
- Future Generali provides all-inclusive home insurance that covers items such as jewellery, ornaments and other such high-value items. Portable items such as laptops are also covered
- The premium rates under this insurance plan are affordable and attractive as per the industry standards
- Future Generali has a state of the art, in-house claims servicing unit so that customers enjoy a very satisfying, hassle-free claim process
Scope of coverage under Future Generali Home Insurance Plan
The following scenarios are covered under the Future Generali Home Insurance Plan so that the customer and his family have financial stability and protection in the event of an unforeseen situation that causes any sort of loss, damage or destruction to their home and the contents within it:
- Fire/Perils/Earthquake- Protection to the home and contents within it are provided in the event of a fire, lightning, explosion/implosion, aircraft damage, impact damage from rail/road vehicle or animal, riot, strike, malicious damage, storm, cyclone, tempest, hurricane, tornado, flood and inundation, earthquake, subsidence and landslide including rockslide, missile testing operations, leakage from automatic sprinkler installations and bushfires.
- Burglary Cover- Protection is provided against the loss or damage to the property and contents within it by housebreaking or burglary. The customer may choose to insure the contents of his home on a 100% basis or first Loss limits (25% or 40%).
- Valuables and Jewellery- The Home Insurance plan provides protection to valuables when there is accidental loss or damage to jewellery or precious items, including jewellery kept in bank lockers. This protection includes damage or loss caused to portable equipment such as a laptop.
- Electronic Equipment’s- Protection is provided to electronic equipment such as any audiovisual equipment, like TV and VCR and computers, etc.
- Household and Mechanical Appliances- Coverage is provided to the mechanical or electronic appliances in the household. Air conditioners, refrigerators, etc., may be covered against accidental electrical or mechanical breakdown. The customer has to provide a list of items to be covered along with the value of said items.
- Protection to Family- The home insurance plan provides protection to the customer and his or her family under Personal Accident compensation that covers death, or permanent partial disability or permanent temporary disability. The sum insured is up to a limit of sixty times the monthly income up to a maximum of Rs 10 Lakh.
- Protection is provided to the customer for their legal liability as a tenant.
- Workmen’s Compensation- There is a Workman’s compensation that covers the customers’ liability towards their domestic employees earning wages up to Rs 4000.
- Liability Cover- There is a public liability that will compensate the customer for claims arising out third party bodily injury or for property damage that occurs on the customers’ premises.
Additional covers under the Future Generali Home Insurance Plan
The following covers can be purchased under the Future Generali Home Insurance plans by paying an extra premium for the same:
- Baggage cover- It provides coverage against the loss of the customers’ baggage while on holiday or tour
- Plate Glass cover- It may be taken to cover for accidental damage to a fixed plate glass. The customer will have to provide details of the plate glass along with an estimation of its value
- Pedal Cycle Cover- Pedal cycles may be insured against risks. Any third party liability that arises out of the use of the pedal cycle may be covered as well
- Future Generali provides all-inclusive home insurance that covers items such as jewellery, ornaments and other such high-value items. Portable items such as laptops are also covered.
- ATM Cash Withdrawal- All Risk- The customer may opt for an ATM Cash withdrawal cover that covers the loss of money after withdrawing it from the ATM through robbery when the customer is on his or her way to the residence or office
- Loss or Theft of Credit/Debit Card- If the customers’ credit card or debit card is stolen or lost and the customer is legally liable to pay for the credit given to a person who has found or stolen the card, then the company will pay the amount mentioned in the schedule for any one occurrence of loss or theft of one or more cards
- The customer may also opt for the following extensions on their home insurance plan by paying the additional premium – the cost of alternative accommodation, loss of rent, terrorism and purchase protection
What is not covered under the Future Generali Home Insurance Plans?
- Loss or damage to money / currency / cheques / stamps
- Loss or damage to livestock, motor vehicles or pedal cycles
- Excluding valuables / jewellery / art paintings
- Loss or damage to audiovisual equipment for which manufacturer or supplier is responsible
- Loss or damage to audiovisual equipment or mechanical/electronic equipment consequent upon wear and tear, gradual deterioration, atmospheric or climatic conditions, rust, corrosion, moth, or insect
- Loss or damage caused to electronic or mechanical equipment by willful act or gross negligence of the insured equipment
- Loss or damage to the electronic or mechanical equipment due to pre-existing faults within the knowledge of the insured
- Loss or damage to mobile phones or similar communication devices
The exclusions under the Personal Accident cover are as follows –
- Intentional self-injury
- Accident under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Illegal act or any violation of law or your resistance to arrest
- Participating in aviation or ballooning, motor racing or trial run
- Curative treatments or interventions
- Pregnancy, childbirth, miscarriage, abortion or related complications
- War, invasion, act of foreign enemies and hostilities
- Nuclear energy, radiation
- Any existing disablement
- Venereal or sexually transmitted diseases, HIV/AIDS
- Non recommended hospital stay
- Expenses for non-medical, emergency medical evacuation
- Under tenants legal liability cover, the exclusions are as follows:
- Wear, tear, settlement or shrinkage, vermin, insects, fungus, the weather, or anything which happens gradually; faulty materials, design or workmanship; building work which involves alterations, renovations, extensions or repairs; or subsidence or heave of the land
Under workman’s compensation the exclusions are as follows-
- The liability assumed by agreement unless such liability would have attached to the insured notwithstanding such agreement
- Liability arising out of deliberate, willful or intentional non-compliance with any statutory provisions
- Liability connected with fines, penalties
- Liability in connection with any motor vehicles, watercraft, hovercraft air or spacecraft
- Any interest imposed in connection with Workmen's compensation act
- Liability arising out of animals of any description whatsoever kept for commercial or agricultural purposes
Under Baggage cover the following exclusions are there:
- Theft from the car except fully enclosed saloon cars having all the doors, windows and other openings securely locked and properly fastened
- Loss or damage whilst being conveyed by any carrier under a contract of affreightment
- Loss or damage to money securities, gold and silver ornaments, travel tickets, cheques, drafts, jewellery, share certificates
- Loss or destruction of or damage to articles of consumable nature
Under the plate glass cover, the exclusions are as follows-
- Breakage or damage during removal, alterations and / or repairs on or about the insured premises
- Disfiguration, scratching or damage of glass other than fracture extending through the entire thickness of the glass
Under pedal cycle cover the exclusions are-
- Any accident, loss or liability caused by or through or in connection with pedal cycle used for hire or reward or outside India
- Loss or damage to accessories by theft unless the pedal cycle is stolen at the same time
Buying Home Insurance Plans from Future Generali
The Home Insurance plans offered by Future Generali can be purchased through multiple channels. A person who wishes to avail of a Home Insurance Plan from Future Generali may opt for any of the following ways to do so:
- Individuals who are interested in purchasing home insurance plans from Future Generali can log on to the company website and get advice about the home insurance plan.
- Individuals desirous of availing any of the home insurance plans can simply call the Sales helpline of the company and speak to the customer service representative.
- Customers may send a message to 9222211100 using the keyword ‘PRODUCT’.
- They can chat online with a customer service representative regarding the health insurance plans from Monday to Friday from 9 AM to 6 PM.
- They can also request a call back from the company by leaving their name, mobile number and email ID on the company website.
- Lastly, customers may also visit the company’s branches or get in touch with an agent to buy the plans required.
Future Generali Home Insurance - FAQs
Future Generali India Insurance offers three ways to the clients for paying the premium
- Auto Debit: Sign a mandate at time of buying the policy, thus your premium will be deducted automatically from the bank account
- Cash/cheque deposit at Bank
- Direct online payment
In this policy, you cannot get coverage only for the house building. The policy shall cover the contents inside the insured house as well.
You can renew the policy online by logging into to the e-Portal. Once you log in you can select the type of coverage you need, opt for add-ons if any, fill the form with details, make the payment, and download your policy. You can also deposit the cash before the due date to renew it automatically.
The company takes around 7 days for settlement of the claims. You will have to apply for the claim at the company through toll free number, or by email. You need to submit relevant claims documents and the policy will be renewed automatically.
You can easily cancel the policy by walking into the nearest branch office with your policy documents and duly filled surrender form. It would take 5 business days to process the cancellation request and deposit the refund premium. An intimation letter on cancelled policy will be posted to your registered address.
You can check the policy details from the website of the company. You will have to create a profile initially and you can get all the policy details under your profile.