Future Generali Home Insurance
Future Generali Home Insurance Overview
Future Generali is a general insurance Company that is a joint venture between a leading Indian business conglomerate, the Future Group of industries and the Generali group, which is a leading Italian based company, which is a prime leader in financial protection and wealth management. The Generali group is the largest insurance company in Italy and is also among the most reputed and largest insurance providers in Europe. The company started its operations September 2007. The company offers a range of insurance products for its customers across all segments that includes all major insurance that a person may need. When it comes to Home Insurance, the company offers its customers a comprehensive Home Insurance plan that protects its customer’s home and assets from a variety of unforeseen and unwanted circumstances.
Why Home Insurance?
A home is something more than just walls and beams, it is a place of comfort and safety, where dreams are built, memories are made and families grow. A home is also an investment of a lifetime, given all these factors of what makes up a home it is prudent and advisable to take a home insurance to protect this precious place in our lives. Home insurance offers protection to the home and al the furniture and valuable content within it. This protection is against any unforeseen and unfortunate situations like burglary, theft, riots and fire, etc., as well as natural calamities such as earthquakes.
Home Insurance offered by Future Generali
Future Generali offers a home insurance plan that protects the home and all the content within it from various unforeseen situations that may be caused by man, e.g, riots and burglary, or caused by nature, for example, earthquakes, etc. The Future Generali Home Insurance plan is all inclusive and protects the home and everything within it.
Why purchase a home insurance plan from Future Generali
There are many reasons to purchase a home insurance plan from Future Generali, it is a leading insurance provider in India that provides affordable insurance across all segments and industries. Future Generali is committed to providing insurance with the minimum amount of hassle and documentation. Claims are settled quickly and trained teams of customer care specialists handle queries quickly and efficiently. The advantages of purchasing home insurance from Future Generali are as follows:
- It provides protection for your property and the contents of it, within one single policy plan
- The premium rates under this insurance plan are affordable and attractive as per industry standards
- Future Generali provides an all-inclusive home insurance that covers items such as jewellery, ornaments and other such high value items. Portable items such as laptops are also covered.
- Future Generali has a state of the art, in-house claims servicing unit so that customers enjoy a very satisfying, hassle-free claims process
Scope of coverage of the Future Generali Home Insurance Plan
The following scenarios are covered under the Future Generali Home Insurance Plan so that the customer and his family have financial stability and protection in the event of an unforeseen situation that causes any sort of loss, damage or destruction to their home and the contents within it.
- Protection to the home and contents within it are provided in the event of fire, lightning, explosion/implosion, aircraft damage, impact damage from rail/road vehicle or animal, riot, strike, malicious damage, storm, cyclone, tempest, hurricane, tornado, flood and inundation, earthquake, subsidence and landslide including rockslide, missile testing operations, leakage from automatic sprinkler installations and bushfires.
- Protection is provided against the loss or damage to the property and contents within it by housebreaking or burglary. The customer may choose to insure the contents of his home on 100% basis or first Loss limits (25% or 40%).
- The Home Insurance plan provides protection to valuables when there is accidental loss or damage to jewellery or precious items, including jewellery kept in bank lockers. This protection includes damage or loss caused to portable equipment such as a laptop.
- Protection is provided to electronic equipment such as any audiovisual equipment, like TV and VCR and computers, etc.
- Coverage is provided to the household mechanical or electronic appliances. Air conditioners, refrigerators, etc., may be covered against accidental electrical or mechanical breakdown. The customer has to provide list of items to be covered along with the value of said items.
- The home insurance plan provides protection the customer and his or her family under Personal Accident compensation that covers death, or permanent partial disability or permanent temporary disability. The sum insured is up to a limit of sixty times the monthly income up to a maximum of Rs. 10 lakhs.
- Protection is provided to the customer for their legal liability as a tenant.
- There is a Workman’s compensation that covers the customers’ liability towards their domestic employees.
- There is a public liability that will compensate the customer for claims arising out third party bodily injury or for property damage that occurs on the customers’ premises.
Additional covers under the Future Generali Home Insurance Plan
The following covers can be purchased under the Future Generali Home Insurance plans by paying an extra premium for the same:
- Baggage cover – that provides coverage against the loss of the customers’ baggage whie on holiday or on tour
- Plate Glass cover may be take to cover for accidental damage to a fixed plate glass. The customer will have to provide details of the plate glass along with an estimation of its value
- Pedal cycles may be insured against risks. Any third party liability that arises out of the use of the pedal cycle may be covered as well
- The customer may opt for an ATM Cash Withdrawal cover that covers the loss of money after withdrawing it from the ATM through robbery, when the customer is on his or her way to the residence or office
- If the customers’ credit card or debit card is stolen or lost and the customer is legally liable to pay for credit given to a person who has found or stolen the card, then the company will pay the amount mentioned in the schedule for any one occurrence of loss or theft of one or more cards
- There is a Veterinary cost cover where if the customer lives at the insured premises the company will pay the amount mentioned in the schedule during any one period of insurance for veterinary expenses related to a cat or dog owned by the customer if it is injured in an accident
- The customer may also opt for the following extensions on their home insurance plan by paying the additional premium – cost of alternative accommodation, loss of rent, terrorism and purchase protection
What is not covered under the Future Generali Home Insurance Plans
- Loss or damage to money / currency / cheques / stamps
- Loss or damage by burglary and / or house breaking where any member of the insured's family is the principal or accessory
- Loss or damage to livestock, motor vehicles or pedal cycles
- Excluding valuables / jewellery / art paintings
- Loss or damage to audiovisual equipment for which manufacturer or supplier is responsible
- Loss or damage to audiovisual equipment or mechanical / electronic equipment consequent upon wear and tear, gradual deterioration, atmospheric or climatic conditions, rust, corrosion, moth, vermin or insect
- Loss or damage caused to electronic or mechanical equipment by willful act or gross negligence of the insured equipment
- Loss or damage to the electronic or mechanical equipment due to pre-existing faults within the knowledge of the insured
- Loss or damage to mobile phones or similar communication devices
- The exclusions under the Personal Accident cover are as follows –
- Intentional self injury
- Accident under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Illegal act or any violation of law or your resistance to arrest
- Participating in aviation or ballooning, motor racing or trial run
- Curative treatments or interventions
- Pregnancy, childbirth, miscarriage, abortion or related complications
- War, invasion, act of foreign enemies and hostilities
- Nuclear energy, radiation
- Any existing disablement
- Venereal or sexually transmitted diseases, HIV/AIDS
- Non recommended hospital stay
- Expenses for non medical in nature, emergency medical evacuation
- Under tenants legal liability cover, the exclusions are as follows:
- Wear, tear, settlement or shrinkage, vermin, insects, fungus, the weather, or anything which happens gradually; faulty materials, design or workmanship; building work which involves alterations, renovations, extensions or repairs; or subsidence or heave of the land
- Under workman’s compensation the exclusions are as follows:
- Liability assumed by agreement unless such liability would have attached to the insured notwithstanding such agreement
- Liability arising out of deliberate, willful or intentional non-compliance with any statutory provisions
- Liability connected with fines, penalties
- Liability in connection with any motor vehicles, watercraft, hovercraft air or spacecraft
- Any interest imposed in connection with Workmen's compensation act
- Liability arising out of animals of any description whatsoever kept for commercial or agricultural purposes
- Under Baggage cover the following exclusions are there:
- Theft from car except from fully enclosed saloon cars having all the doors, windows and other opening securely locked and properly fastened
- Loss or damage whilst being conveyed by any carrier under contract of affrightment
- Loss or damage to money securities, gold and silver ornaments, travel tickets, cheques, drafts, jewellery, share certificates
- Loss or destruction of or damage to articles of consumable nature
- Under plate glass cover, the exclusions are as follows:
- Breakage or damage during removal, alterations and / or repairs on or about the insured premises
- Disfiguration, scratching or damage of glass other than fracture extending through the entire thickness of the glass
- Under pedal cycle cover the exclusions are:
- Any accident, loss or liability caused by or through or in connection with pedal cycle used for hire or reward or outside India
- Loss or damage to accessories by theft unless pedal cycle is stolen at the same time
- Under veterinary cost cover, the exclusions are:
- Loss or damage caused by war and allied perils
- Loss or damage caused by nuclear radiation and the like
Future Generali provides the facility of premium calculation to prospective individuals seeking to buy home insurance plans from the company. Following are some of the instances where the premium has been calculated using the company’s calculator:
- A wants to apply for a Home Insurance plan for the contents his property that covers a total of Rs. 5000000. The sum assured is Rs. 5000000 and his annual premium works out to be Rs. Rs. 9120 only.
- B wants to apply for a Home Insurance plan for his property of Rs. 800 sq feet with a sum insured value of Rs. 80,00,000. The premium works out to Rs. 3648.
- C applies for a Home Insurance plan for his property of Rs. 1000 sq feet with a sum insured value of Rs. 1,00,00,000 and a cover for the contents of the property that comes up to a sum insured value of Rs. 5,00,000. The premium works out to Rs. 5472.
The table tabulates the above data for an instant reference
Sum Assured (Rs.)
Premium (with taxes) (Rs.)
Contents of property
Structure of property
Structure + contents of property
1,00,00,000 + 5,00,000
Applying Home Insurance Plans from Future Generali
The Home Insurance plans offered by FutureGenerali can be applied to through multiple channels. A person who wishes to avail of a Home Insurance Plan from Future Generali may opt for any of the following ways to do so:
- Individuals who are interested in purchasing personal accident insurance plans from Future Generali can log on to the company website and get advice about the home insurance plan.
- Individuals desirous of availing any of the personal accident insurance plans can simply call the Sales helpline of the company and speak to the customer service representative.
- Customers may send a message to 9222211100 using the keyword ‘PRODUCT’.
- They can chat online with a customer service representative regarding the health insurance plans from Monday to Friday from 9 AM to 6 PM.
- They can also request a call back from company by leaving their name, mobile number and email ID on the company website.
- Lastly, customers may also visit the company’s branches or get in touch with an agent to buy the plans required.
Future Generali Home Insurance - FAQs
1. How to pay premium? What are the modes of payment available?
Future Generali India Insurance offers three ways to the clients for paying the premium
- Auto Debit: Sign a mandate at time of buying the policy, thus your premium will be deducted automatically from the bank account
- Cash/cheque deposit at Bank
- Direct online payment
2. How can I check policy status for Future generali home insurance?
You can check the policy details from the website of the company. You will have to create a profile initially and you can get all the policy details under your profile.
3. What is the policy renewal process for Future generali home insurance?
You can renew the policy by login to e-Portal.
You can deposit the cash before the due date to renew it automatically.
4. What is the company’s process to settle claim for Future generali home insurance?
The company takes not more than 7 days for settlement of the claims. You will have to apply for the claim at the company through toll free number, or by email. You need to submit relevant claims documents and the policy will be renewed automatically.
5. What is the policy cancellation process for Future generali home insurance?
You can easily cancel the policy by walking into the nearest branch office with your policy documents and duly filled surrender form. It would take 5 business days to process the cancellation request and deposit the refund premium. An intimation letter on cancelled policy will be posted your registered address.
- Bharti AXA Home Insurance
- Cholamandalam Home Insurance
- HDFC Ergo Home Insurance
- IFFCO Tokio Home Insurance
- National Insurance Home Insurance
- New India Assurance Home Insurance
- Oriental Home Insurance
- Raheja QBE Home Insurance
- Reliance Home Insurance
- Royal Sundaram Home Insurance
- SBI Home Insurance
- Shriram General Home Insurance
- Universal Sompo Home Insurance
- Handy Guide- All You Need to Know About Property Insurance
- Everything You Need to Know About New India Assurance Griha Suvidha
- HDFC Ergo Home Insurance versus Bharti AXA Home Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz, Bharti AXA and Cholamandalam: Comprehensive Insurance for Your Home
- Importance of Having a Home Insurance Policy in India
- Secure Your Home against Calamities with Home Insurance
- Savings Calculator
- Income Tax Calculator
- Human Life Value Calculator
- Pension Calculator
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator
- Travel Insurance Calculator