Elements of the Universe & Its Dominant Directions
As per Vastu Shastra, there are five elements or 'Panchatatva' of our universe, i.e. - earth, air, space, fire, and water. These five elements help in boosting positivity at home, and every element has its dominant direction.
- Earth (Prithvi) - This element regulates stability & patience, and dominates the center and diagonal in every corner of the house.
- Air (Vayu) - This element denominates the essence of fun and happiness in life, and its dominant director is the East.
- Space (Aakash) - This element represents cognitive energies, social energies, and mental space. It dominates the west direction.
- Fire (Agni) - This element refers to money, confidence & success. It dominates the south direction.
- Water (Jal) - Since water is a supporting element in the life of human, thus, it is associated with immunity & health and define the north direction.
Basic Principles of Vastu Shastra for Your Home
The Shape of the Rooms
The shape of the rooms should be square or rectangular.
Basics of Room
As per Vastu, to maintain the free flow of air in rooms. They should be airy, bright, and clean.
Keep water bodies like fishes or turtles in the northeastern part of your house because it indicates the flow of constructive energy.
If you place a mirror in the bedroom that reflects your portrait is wrong because it causes the problem of energy drain, causing sickness.
The best place to put up your dining table is near the kitchen instead of the main entrance.
While constructing a staircase in a duplex house, avoid a spiral staircase as it might cause injury, and attracts negative energy.
Vastu Tips for Different Structures in the House
Main Gate/Entrance of the House
By incorporating the following tips while designing the main entrance of your house, you can channel the positive energy and strength-
- Always use teak wood or iron while building the main door to enhance its strength.
- Since the main gate is the passage for the different energies, hence, you should keep it clean. Avoid keeping garbage bags, shoes, and unwanted things from the main door.
- Make sure the main door opens inwards. For the healthy working of doors, oil their hinges regularly.
- Keep indoor plants at the entrance of the house as it signifies good health into the house.
Hall or Drawing Room
Here are some significant tips that you can follow in your drawing room or living room-
- Since the living room or drawing room is where you and your family spend most of the time together, you must add picturesque scenery on the southern wall of it.
- For prosperity, place an aquarium on the north or east wall of the living room.
- To infuse vibrancy, paint your walls with a shade of white, yellow, beige, blue, or green.
- Remember to keep the hall corners bright, as they are sources of powerful energy.
- Avoid placing a cactus inside the living room or any other room as it is considered a negative plant that affects relationships & health of the family members living in the house.
- If you have any non-working wall clocks in the room, remove them or change the battery.
Bedroom; a place to rest and reset our bodies & souls. The following are some tips to make your bedroom full of positivity-
- Choose a south-west direction to place your master bedroom.
- Do not keep your head in the north direction while sleeping. The best place to keep the headboard of your bed is towards the east or the south.
- For a peaceful aura, choose soothing wall colors.
- Avoid placing the bed in the corner of the room or even under a beam.
- Place indoor plants, or even you can decorate the room with fresh flowers as it brings positivity to the room.
To ensure a healthy lifestyle for your family, you can integrate these Vastu tips in your kitchen-
- Firstly, keep an appropriate distance between the sink and the gas stove.
- Ensure that your bathroom energy and kitchen energy do not mix. Hence, do not let your kitchen entrance face the bathroom or share a common wall.
While building a prayer room in your house, keep the following essential tips in mind-
- Never construct a prayer room under a staircase, next to the washroom, or right in front of the entrance gate.
- The position of idols should be east or north facing.
- Maintain cleanliness all the time.
- Build a separate space for holy books and remove clutter & dust from it.
- Avoid dark colors like black and navy blue on the walls of a prayer room, as it represents negativity.
- The prayer room should be illuminated and bright with natural lights.
What Not to Miss? Home Insurance Policy
In all of this, it is suggested to get the right home insurance policy whether you have a rented or owned house. It gives you reliable coverage for your most valuable possession against several unforeseen risks. Moreover, it can secure your most treasured possessions, such as silverware, jewellery, and art piece under the valuable content add-on cover.
The purpose of Vastu tips for your home is to keep your new place full of positivity, peace, and prosperity. You can incorporate these tips and witness a difference yourself.In all of this, remember to opt for home insurance coverage. At Policybazaar.com, you can compare and find an affordable and comprehensive home insurance policy.
Written By: PolicyBazaar - Updated: 14 March 2023