Elements of the Universe & Its Dominant Directions
As per Vastu Shastra, there are five elements or 'Panchatatva' of our universe, i.e., earth, air, space, fire, and water. These five elements help boost positivity at home; every aspect has its dominant direction:
- Earth (Prithvi) -This element regulates stability & patience and dominates the centre and diagonal in every house corner.
- Air (Vayu) -This element denominates the essence of fun and happiness in life, and its dominant director is the East.
- Space (Aakash) -This element represents cognitive energies, social energies, and mental space. It dominates the west direction.
- Fire (Agni) -This element refers to money, confidence & success. It dominates the south direction.
- Water (Jal) -Since water is a supporting element in human life, it is associated with immunity & health and defines the north direction.
Basic Principles of Vastu for Home
The Shape of the Rooms
The shape of the rooms should be square or rectangular.
Basics of Room
As per Vastu, your rooms should be airy, bright, and clean.
Keep water bodies like fishes or turtles in the northeastern part of your house because it indicates the flow of constructive energy.
If you place a mirror in the bedroom that reflects your portrait, it is wrong because it causes the problem of energy drain, causing sickness.4
The best place to put up your dining table is near the kitchen instead of the main entrance.
While constructing a staircase in a duplex house, avoid a spiral staircase as it might cause injury, and attracts negative energy.
Vastu Tips for Home Structure
Main Gate/Entrance of the House
By incorporating the following tips while designing the main entrance of your house, you can channel the positive energy and strength:
- Always use teak wood or iron while building the main door to enhance its strength.
- Since the main gate is the passage for the different energies, you should keep it clean. Do not keep garbage bags, shoes, and unwanted things in front of the main door.
- Make sure the main door opens inwards. For the healthy working of doors, oil their hinges regularly.
- Keep indoor plants at the house's entrance as it signifies good health into the house.
Living Room or Hall
Here are some significant tips that you can follow in your drawing room or living room:
- Since the living room or drawing room is where you and your family spend most of the time together, you must add picturesque scenery on the southern wall of it.
- For prosperity, place an aquarium on the north or east wall of the living room.
- Paint your walls white, yellow, beige, blue, or green to infuse vibrancy.
- Remember to keep the hall corners bright, as they are powerful energy sources.
- Avoid placing a cactus inside the living room or any other room, as it is considered a negative plant that affects the relationships & health of the family members living in the house.
- If you have any non-working wall clocks in the room, remove them or change the battery.
Bedroom; a place to rest and reset our bodies & souls. The following are some tips to make your bedroom full of positivity:
- Choose a south-west direction to place your master bedroom.
- Do not keep your head in the north direction while sleeping. The best place to keep the headboard of your bed is towards the East or the south.
- For a peaceful aura, choose soothing wall colours.
- Avoid placing the bed in the corner of the room or even under a beam.
- Place indoor plants, or you can even decorate the room with fresh flowers as they bring positivity.
To ensure a healthy lifestyle for your family, you can integrate these Vastu tips in your kitchen-
- Firstly, keep an appropriate distance between the sink and the gas stove.
- Ensure that your bathroom energy and kitchen energy do not mix. Hence, do not construct your kitchen door facing the bathroom or even sharing a common wall.
While building a prayer room in your house, keep the following essential tips in mind-
- Never construct a prayer room under a staircase, next to the washroom, or before the entrance gate.
- The position of idols should be east or north-facing.
- Maintain cleanliness all the time.
- Build a separate space for holy books and remove clutter & dust from it.
- Avoid dark colours like black and navy blue on the walls of a prayer room, as they represent negativity.
- The prayer room should be illuminated and bright with natural lights.
What Not to Miss? Home Insurance Policy
In this, getting the right home insurance policy is suggested whether you have a rented or owned house. It gives you reliable coverage for your most valuable possession against several unforeseen risks. Moreover, under the valuable content add-on cover, you can cover your most treasured possessions, such as silverware, jewellery, and art pieces.
People also read Bharat Griha Raksha Policy
The purpose of Vastu tips for your home is to keep your new place full of positivity, peace, and prosperity. You can incorporate these tips and witness a difference yourself. In all of this, remember to opt for home insurance coverage. At Policybazaar.com, you can compare and find an affordable and comprehensive home insurance policy.
Written By: PolicyBazaar - Updated: 23 November 2023