Features & Benefits of National Group Health Insurance Policy
National group mediclaim insurance policy comes with several features and benefits. They are as follows:
- A national group mediclaim insurance policy provides coverage to a group of employees.
- This insurance plan provides coverage to the employee’s dependents such as spouses, kids, and parents.
- The employer can get tax benefits by providing a group health insurance policy.
- By providing a National group health insurance policy, the employer can create goodwill among the employees.
- The company will stand out in the market and will attract more candidates to work with them.
- Providing this insurance policy will help in boosting the workforce in the company.
- The claiming process will be smoother as the insurance company’s executive will give priority to the employees.
National Group Mediclaim Insurance Policy: Inclusions
The National group health insurance policy provides coverage for the following:
- Room charges such as boarding, nursing care and RMO charges are covered.
- Room charges are covered for 1% of the sum insured to a maximum of Rs 5000 per day.
- Blood transfusion/injection and administrative charges for IV fluids are also covered.
- Medical practitioner fees such as Surgeons, consultants, and anesthetists are covered.
- Coverage for dialysis, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, etc. is provided.
- Coverage for medicines and surgical appliances is provided.
- Organ donation treatment coverage is provided.
- Reimbursement for ambulance charges that is 1% of the sum insured amount and a maximum up to Rs 1000 is provided.
National Group Mediclaim Insurance Policy: Exclusions
The National group health insurance policy does not provide coverage for the following:
- The insurance policy will provide coverage for the pre-existing diseases until the policy completes the 48 months tenure.
- HIV, AIDS, STDs treatment is not covered.
- Congenital external anomaly and general debility treatment cover is not provided.
- Coverage for sterility, infertility and assisted conception procedure is not provided.
- Eye-sight corrections surgery is not covered.
- Obesity treatment is not covered.
- Genetic disorders and stem cell surgery are not covered.
- Intentional self-inflicted injury and psychiatric disorders are not covered.
- Circumcision until necessary for treatment is not covered.
- Inoculation and vaccination are not covered.
- Sex change operations, plastic surgery, cosmetic surgery and hormone replacement treatments are not covered.
- Expenses coming out of Naturopathy, massages, Spa and Steambath are not covered.
- Outpatient treatment and dental treatments are not covered.
- Treatment caused due to intoxication is not covered.
- Hospitalization that is not medically necessary won’t be covered.
- Irrelevant treatment is not covered.
- Registration fees and service charges are not covered.
- Injury caused during a war is not covered.
- Injury or diseases arising due to adventure sports such as scuba diving, parachuting, hang gliding, rock climbing, etc. are not covered.
How To Raise Claim Under National Group Mediclaim Insurance Policy?
Follow the steps given below to raise a National group health insurance claim:
- Inform Insurer: Inform the insurance company about the incident once you consult with the doctor.
- Get a Claim Form: ask your insurer for a claim form to fill so the claiming procedure can begin.
- Keep Required Documents: You need to keep the documents ready that you will have to submit along with the claim form.
- Network Hospital: You can look for the network hospital online or ask the insurer for any nearby hospital where you can get a cashless claim.
- Reimbursement: If you do not get the treatment in a network hospital then you will have to make the payment out of your pocket and then submit the final payment receipt with the insurer and then they will reimburse the paid amount in a few days.
How To Renew National Group Mediclaim Insurance Policy?
Follow the steps given below for the National group health insurance renewal:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of Policybazaar Insurance Brokers Private Limited.
- Step 2: Fill in the policy number of your insurance plan.
- Step 3: Review the insurance plan once you get acces to your account.
- Step 4: If you want, you can add or remove any add-on as per your requirement.
- Step 5: Addition and removal of any add-on will reflect in the final premium amount of the insurance policy.
- Step 6: Once you are done, you can make the payment using your credit or debit cards, net banking or UPI.
- Step 7: Once the payment is complete, the insurance company will send the updated National group health insurance policy documents to your mail as well as a hard copy to the registered address.
*It is important to renew the insurance plan before the expiry so do not forget.