Reliance General Fire Insurance
Reliance General Insurance Company Ltd. is one of the leading general insurers in India. With more than 28,900+ intermediaries across India, the company offers several customized insurance plans to meet everyone's needs. Reliance Standard Fire and Special Perlis Policy is one such fire insurance policy that this company offers to their consumer.Read more
Get right expert advice
Hassle free policy
Quick & Hassle free
Features of Reliance General SFSP Policy
Here are the salient features of the Reliance General Insurance SFSP policy-
- This policy offers comprehensive coverage to the insured property.
- The policy covers industrial risks, manufacturing risks, and storage risks.
- Tank farms, utilities, dwellings, offices, gasholders, offices, hotels, shop owners, etc., can purchase this policy.
- There is a wide range of add-ons available to enhance the basic coverage.
- There are multiple policy options to choose from, such as floater policy, declaration policy, and floater declaration policy.
Reliance General SFSP Fire Insurance: Inclusions
Reliance General SFSP fire insurance policy provides coverage for the following perils-
- Loss or damage caused to the insured property due to fire, lightning, explosions, or implosion
- Loss or damage causing fire to the insured premises due to aircraft, aerial devices, or dropped articles
- Loss or damage caused to the insured property due to malicious activity, riots, strikes, terrorism, etc.
- Loss or damage caused to the insured property due to several natural calamities, including storms, floods, inundations, cyclones, hurricanes, typhoons, tempests, and tornadoes
- Loss or damage caused to the insured property due to landslide and rockslide demolition
- Loss caused to the insured property due to missile testing operations
- Loss or damage caused to the insured property due to overflowing or bursting of the water tank, pipes, and apparatus
- Leakage from automatic sprinklers installation causing damage or loss to the insured property
- Loss or damage caused due to bushfire
- Loss or damage caused to the insured property due to the groundwork and excavations
- Coverage for debris removal (up to 1% of the claim amount)
- Coverage for the fee of architects, surveyors, and consultants (up to 3% of the claim amount)
Reliance General SFSP Fire Insurance: Exclusions
Reliance General SFSP fire insurance policy does not offer any coverage for the following perils-
- Loss or damage due to war and nuclear perils
- Loss or damage due to pollution and contamination
- Consequential loss sustained by the insured property
- Loss due to theft or burglary during or after the occurrence of any insured perils
- Loss or damage due to volcanic eruption or other disruptions of the nature
Reliance General SFSP Fire Insurance:Claim Process
For an easy and seamless experience while raising fire insurance claims, follow the below steps-
- Intimate the insurer about the fire accident as early as possible (usually within 14 days from the day of the incident) along with a rough estimate of the loss
- Inform the fire station and cooperate with them to extinguish the fire and minimize the loss extent
- If the police are involved, submit a copy of the FIR to the insurer
- From the fire station, obtain the fire brigade report, and the total bill as this is covered under the fire insurance policy
- If a fire outbreak is due to a natural disaster, obtain the metrological report from the Indian Meteorological Department
- The insurer will send a surveyor to examine the extent of loss in the fire incident
- Do not dispose any of the damaged items or initiate the repair of damaged items without the consent of the surveyor
- Collect all the evidence of damaged or lost items
- At last, cooperate with the surveyor during the inspection and fill out the claim form & submit it with the required documents.
Reliance General SFSP Fire Insurance: Documents Required
Here is a list of basic documents required to raise a claim under Reliance General SFSP fire insurance-
- Duly filled and signed claim form
- An FIR (if filed)
- Fire insurance policy
- Fire brigade report
- Metrological report (if fire outbreaks due to natural disaster)
- Books of accounts
- Details of savings in standing charges
- Details of the increased cost of working
- Details of trends in business
- Details of all the activities carried out at other premises
Ans: The Reliance General Fire insurance covers general fire losses and damages caused to the insured property (all the corporates and companies)
Ans: No, it is not mandatory to buy fire insurance. However, the mortgagee or property owner mandatorily asks for it for the outstanding loan.
Ans: Yes, your Reliance General Fire insurance policy covers the costs of fire damage or loss caused to the insured property due to landslide and rockslide demolition.
Ans: One of the main causes of fire claims rejection is insufficient coverage. Hence, you must check the policy inclusions and exclusions before buying fire insurance.