Contrary to popular belief, start-up ventures are not quite the one giant celebration that they are cracked up to be.
Ask any person who has ever been associated with a start-up, and a whole new side to the story comes to the surface, consisting of a lot of necessary evils that no start-up venture could ever avoid—which includes taxation.
But where there is a problem relating to any tax-related issue, there is the expertise of Policy Bazaar that is always there to help you wade through the murky waters of the taxation process with ease.
Start-ups and Taxation: How Does It Work?
Start-up companies are subjected to a whole of taxes, most of which are not even known to a rookie who has just entered the playing field. But with some guidance and a whole lot of convenient comparison options and support from Policy Bazaar, nothing is too obscure for long.
There are essentially the following three types of taxes that a start-up company needs to be registered for, which are as follows:
Tax Payable by
Service provided to a customer/work done on behalf of another person/organization
Gross turnover above Rs. 9 lakhs
By March 31 of every year
Value Added Tax (VAT)
Governed by respective State legislation
Gross turnover above Rs. 5 lakhs
15th of every month
Central Sales Tax (CST)
Governed by Central Sales Tax Act, 1956
No compulsory limit; compulsory post any inter-state sale
20th of every month
Now, these three are the taxes that a start-up is liable to pay to the Income Tax Department timely by the above-specified dates. Other important dates that all start-up heads need to remember are:
- October 30—last date for submission of the annual financial statement, complete with Registrar of Companies (RoC).
- September 30— the last date to file the Income Tax Return (ITR) for the company. The ITR is mandatory to be filed by every single company, irrespective of whether or not any business transactions have been carried out in the financial year by the company in question.
Essentials for a Start-up
To hit the ground running, there are a couple of things that every start-up venture must keep in mind at all times. Some of these include, but are not limited to:
- Accounts: It is absolutely imperative to always maintain a black and white record of any and every kind of business transaction ever made by the company. These not only act as proof to support your claims in your company’s annual financial statement but also aid you to have the upper hand if and when an argument rears its head. Payments toward raw materials obtained from other corporate establishments and the salaries of employees working in your start-up are the most crucial ones for which an up-to-date record must be maintained.
- Timely filing of ITR: Always, always file your Income Tax Return on time, if not before. It is extremely important for any and every company—start-up or not—to file their respective ITR. If the deadlines for submitting ITR forms are not observed by companies, they are liable to pay 1 percent interest per month from the last date of filing to the actual date of filing. An extra amount is also levied as fine for being late.
- For companies whose gross turnover exceeds Rs. 40 lakhs in a single financial year, it is mandatory for them to undergo periodic audits, as mentioned in the LLP Act.
- RoC must be submitted every single year by the company to the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, failing which the company may even be forced to shut down completely.
Policy Bazaar and You
At Policy Bazaar, we have one simple aim: to make the investment as easy and efficient for you as possible. Irrespective of whether our customer is an individual or a large corporate organization, our goal is and always has been to ensure complete security of your money so that you get the most out of your every single penny you spend.
With our subsection known as Paisa Bazaar, you can now attain complete financial advice in a single place, by the ones you truly trust. Join hands with us and enjoy finance, simpler than it has ever been.
Paisa Bazaar: The New Way to Finance
With the up and coming of our branch Paisa Bazaar, all things related to finance have been simplified like never before to increase layman understanding by leaps and bounds. Your money is the fruit of your hard labour, and you must know full well where to invest it to gain maximum profits.
Or if you live at the other end of the spectrum and are looking to secure funds for an idea or your organization, you too will easily find everything you need at Paisa Bazaar. From helping you apply for all the various kinds of loans that exist, to help in keeping you informed about all the happenings in the finance industry, we at Policy and Paisa Bazaar have you covered.
Compare, Calculate And Choose
We understand that making a choice is hard, even if it is something as simple as choosing between red and blue. And when it comes to picking out the policy that is just right for you, or a bank to apply for a loan to, one may experience an immense amount of stress. Hence, to ease that stress, Policy Bazaar offers you convenient methods to compare all the different policies that there are for the category you are looking for, all in a single place.
Similarly, should you be looking for a bank to get a loan from, one whose interest rates and all other particulars sit right with you, hop on to Paisa Bazaar and compare all the various options available to you until you find whatever it is that you were looking for. Paisa Bazaar will also help you calculate your loan eligibility, which goes a long way in aiding the bank to make the decision about whether to grant you a loan or not.
Other tools available for your convenience are:
- EMI Calculator—calculate your monthly instalments well in advance that helps you plan ahead and always stay on top of your financial situation.
- Fixed Deposit, Recurring Deposit Calculator—this tool helps you calculate the maturity amount of your fixed deposit and your recurring deposit. All you need to do is enter the amount deposited, the rate of interest and just let us do all the heavy lifting.
- Compound Interest Calculator—this tool, like the name, suggests, help you calculate the total compound interest payable by you for any loan that you may have taken.
- Gold Rate—Paisa Bazaar has an entire section dedicated solely to the rates of gold and its constant fluctuations. This is especially helpful to those investors/individuals who are planning to avail gold loans, or for those who are looking to buy gold in some quantity.
Learn With Us
We believe that knowledge indeed is power. Believing that, we aim to provide our customers and clients with all kinds of textual resources that we possibly can, including tips and tricks for efficient business, all the latest developments in the industry, and so and so forth.
We have separate web pages dedicated to news, infographics, as well as credit and CIBIL reports, to name a few. There is a wide range of topics covered in the infographics department, ranging from financial planning to taxation matters, and everything in between. If your query is more generic, feel free to browse through our section of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and chances are, you shall most definitely find a similar question and our expert-provided answer to the same.
Reliable Customer Support, Always
We understand how important financial matters are, and we also understand that problems may arise anytime. Hence, we at Policy Bazaar offer a wide variety of ways using which you may contact us at any given time. You may call us on our toll-free contact number 18002087878, or even reach us through WhatsApp Messenger, without spending a single penny.
For Non-Resident Indians, we have a separate contact number using which they may reach out to us anytime, for whatever reason. Be it a query, a complaint or maybe you are in need of a suggestion—never hesitate to reach out to us at any time.
Should you ever need to register a complaint regarding any of our services, you may submit a ticket on our website, and we shall get back to you in next to no time to resolve your issue as quickly as we possibly can. Also, if you feel like you have a question that requires urgent assistance, ask it to us through our website.
With You At All Times
To ensure seamless connectivity with all our customers, we also offer our full range of services on mobile devices as well. All you need to do is download our application onto your mobile device, and that’s it—carry us with you, wherever you go.
Most Searched Topics
- Top 5 Best Mutual Fund Plans to Invest in India in 2017
- Section 80D Deduction for A.Y 2016-17
- Section 80C Deduction for A.Y 2016-17
- What is Form 16 & How To Download It
- Income Tax Exemptions for Salaried Employees
- Tax Benefits on a Health Insurance Policy
- Section 80D Mediclaim Income Tax Deduction for Individual
- Section 80D of ITA: Deductions for Medical Insurance and Preventive Health Checkups
- How to Check Income Tax Return Status Online?
- Income Tax Planning For Salaried Employees in India
- Income Tax Benefits in FY 2016-17 on Home Loan Interest
- Income Tax Deductions under Section 80D of Income Tax Act, 1961
- Advantages and Disadvantages of the Tax-Saving Fixed Deposits
- How to Pay Income Tax Online in India 2017
- How to Save Tax on Salary?
- Tax Exemption on Health Insurance under Section 80D
- Compute Your Income Tax through the Income Tax Calculator
- Section 80D Tax Deduction For Medical Insurance Premium And Mediclaim Reimbursement Allowance Under Section 10
- How to Save Tax with Health Insurance?
- Know about Mediclaim Deduction for the AY 2016-17 and Plan your Future with us at Policy Bazaar!
- Income Tax Filing For the Freelancers
- How to File Income Tax Return Using Form 16
- Understanding Salaried Income and Its Tax Computation
- An Insight into Section 80D Deductions for Health Insurance Premium and Checkups
- Systematic Investment Plan (SIP) - Features, Benefits & Process of SIP
- How to Send Your ITR-V to CPC Bangalore
- How to Check ITR-V Receipt Status?
- How to Make Corrections to TDS Returns?
- eFiling Income Tax
- What is TDS (Tax Deducted at Source)?
- Tax Benefits on Children's School Fees
- How To Save Income Tax on House Rent Allowance
- Income Tax Slabs Rates for Financial Year 2016-17
- Handling Income Tax Notices form IT- Department
- What is the Difference between AY and FY?
- How to file Income Tax Return Online in India?
- Tax Exemption on Insurance Premiums
- Learning to Calculate Income Tax Levied on Salary Income
- How to View Filed TDS Statement on Income Tax Website?
- Best ways to save tax - Income Tax Saving Tips
- Take Home, Net Gross Salary vs CTC
- How to get Income Tax Return Form?
- Let's Talk About Part A and Part B in Form 16
- What is Reliance Tax Saver Plan?
- Advance Tax Payment Guide
- 5 Common Tax-Saving Mistakes and How to Avoid them
- Easy & Simple Steps to Upload TDS Returns Online
- NRI's without Pan: How to Avoid Higher TDS
- Complexity of Income Tax on Taxable Income
- All You Need To Know About From 27C
- TDS Will Not be deducted on Interest Paid to MUDRA
- Calculating Estimated Business Taxes
- Why Should You E-File Your Tax Returns
- Control the Currency with Policy Bazaar: Income Tax Guide For Start-ups
- Missed the Tax Filing Deadline? Here's what you can do about it
- File It Right: How to Avoid Rejection of Your ITR-V
- Tips for Startups while Generating Form 16
- How to Reduce the Burden of Income Tax and Increase Your Take-Home Salary?
- Useful Tips on Tax-Planning in India
- Income Tax Refund - Basics, Process
- Income Tax Deductions under Section 80
- Best Way to Calculate Your HRA (House Rent Allowance)
- Most Read
- Term Insurance with More Than 100 Years of Coverage
Date: 14 November 2017
- All About Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana
Date: 13 November 2017
- Starting a Family? Beware Of Private Health Insurance Waiting Period Pitfalls
Date: 10 November 2017
- 10 Ways to Keep the Family Healthy This Winter
Date: 08 November 2017
- How will Modifications Affect My Car Insurance?
Date: 31 October 2017
- Best 5 LIC Policies To Invest in 2017
Views : 1080607
- How to Check LIC Policy Status, Details, Statement via Online/SMS/Call
Views : 1071867
- A Quick Guide To Post Office Monthly Income Scheme
Views : 413120
- Best Term Insurance Plans in India with Claim Settlement Ratio
Views : 407577
- Best Health Insurance Plans in India
Views : 349883