Bharti AXA Home Insurance
Bharti AXA Home Insurance Overview
Bharti AXA General Insurance Company Limited is a joint collaboration between a leading Indian business group Bharti Enterprises and AXA, a global leader in insurance sector, financial protection and wealth management. The company marked its presence from 2008 and it is the first general insurance company to receive dual certification of ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 27001:2005 within the first year of its operations in India and thereafter the certification was renewed for another 2 years. The vision of the company is “to be the most preferred general insurance company for customers, employees, shareholders, business partners and the society. Bharti AXA’s comprehensive and inventive insurance plans are such that it meets the requirements of an individual as well as the organizations. Various products ranging from the basic insurance plans like health insurance plans travel insurance plans, home insurance plans to business/ corporate solutions/ plans, SME solutions/ plans, motor insurance plans, two wheeler plans and a lot more. Here we will discuss about the Home Insurance Plans for this company.
Home, a place where any individual spends most of his/her time and therefore each moment is valuable. Any individual spends on home the most in his/her entire lifetime. And in today’s increased risks of burglary, fire, natural calamities, it becomes utmost important to safeguard such important asset of life. Bharti AXA insurance has perfect Home Insurance Plans which protects the house in every possible way. An ideal solution to invest in Bharti AXA home insurance plans named as SmartPlan Householder’s package Plan which offers an extensive coverage for the house and the household contents.
Under SmartPlan Householder’s package Plans of Bharti AXA, there are various plans which are as follows:
Basic Insurance Cover : Under this plan, the following things are covered:
- Fire Insurance plan for building or the structure.
- Fire insurance plan for the contents.
Basic Insurance Cover : Under this plan, the following losses are covered:
- The Basic cover.
- Burglary insurance Plan which again covers fittings, fixtures and personal contents.
Now we will see the coverages under the above two plans.
The Basic Home Insurance plan covers the followings:
Section I : The Company will indemnify the insured under this plan where the loss or damage has occurred to home, fixtures , fittings and renovations caused by fire and allied perils. Such loss or damage if its more than the sum insured, then the insured person will have to pay the reasonable proportionate of the difference amount. This plan also provides the coverage to the loss or damage caused by Fire and Allied Perils including earthquake to the below mentioned things. However the same is limited to Sum Insured.
- Underground Services – Drain, water, electricity cable, sewer, drain inspections.
- Capital additions, alterations and improvements to the building. However the same should not exceed original 10% Sum Insured of Section I.
- Tenant Fixtures
- This plan also the reimburse to the loss or damage to Locks and Keys.
- Fire extinguishing expenses: Specific expenses made on the fire extinguishing expenses are also covered.
Section II (a): Home Contents: The Company will indemnify the insured under this plan where the loss or damage has occurred to Home Contents due to
- Fire and other Allied perils which includes earthquake as well.
- Burglary, housebreaking and hold-up.
The coverage under this plan is limited to the Sum Insured only and the basis of valuation will be market value or reinstatement value as chosen by the insured person. Such loss or damage if its more than the sum insured, then the insured person will have to pay the reasonable proportionate of the difference amount.
Section II (b): Valuables: Under this plan, the Insured is covered against the loss or damage to valuables caused by accident or misfortune while anywhere I India which covers the risks as mentioned below. The valuables owned by the insured as well as worn by the insured and/or family members of insured’s family permanently living with the insured person.
- Fire and other Allied perils which includes earthquake as well.
- Burglary, housebreaking and hold-up including theft.
- Robbery, snatching away and waylaying.
Section II (c): Appliances: Under this plan, the Insured is covered against the loss or damage to valuables caused to the appliances by:
- Fire and other Allied perils which includes earthquake as well.
- Burglary, housebreaking and hold-up.
Section II(d) Fixed Plate Glass and Sanitary Ware which includes fixed mirrors and glass top fixtures : Under this plan,the Insured is covered against the loss or damage to valuables caused to the fixed plate lass and sanitary wares owned by the insured and contained in insured’s home due to fire and allied perils as well as accidental loss or damage. The coverage is limited to the Sum Insured.
Section II(e) Automatic Inclusion Addition : This plan is an extension to the plan under Section I(a) which is any new addition or inclusion in the home contents purchased, upto 10% of the Sum Insured vale will be covered against the loss or damage due to fire and allied perils, burglary, housebreaking, hold-up.
Section II(f) Loss of Title Deeds : Under this plan,the Insured is covered with the actual expenses reimbursement against the loss or damage to Title Deeds caused due to fire and allied peril, burglary, housebreaking, theft, robbery, waylaying and snatching.
Section II(g) Loss of Passport : Under this plan,the Insured is covered with the actual expenses reimbursement against the loss or damage to Title Deeds caused due to fire and allied peril, burglary, housebreaking, hold-up including theft, robbery, waylaying and snatching.
Section II(h) House hold Removal, Removal of contents and appliances from the present to a new building : Under this plan,the company will indemnify the insured against the loss or damage to home contents while they are being transported / moved ( rail or road) by the professional packer and movers to a new home anywhere in India. The plan also includes a temporary storage upto 7 days.
Section III Personal Accident: This plan provides the compensation or covers the loss caused to the insured individual solely and directly by accidental, violent, external and visible means resulting in death or permanent or partial disablement within 12 months of the date of the accident. It provides the cost of transferring the dead body to home with maximum amount if Rs 2500/-. Further, educations benefit of Rs 5000/- is also given if the insured has one dependent child upto age of 23 years and is pursuing studies. And if the insured has more than one dependent child upto age of 23 years and is pursuing studies, then the amount will be Rs 10000/-.
Section IV Loss of Rent: This plan provides the compensation or covers the loss of rent caused to the insured individual resulting from damage by fire and allied perils including earthquake.
Section V: Additional rent for alternate accommodation: Under this plan,the company covers the payment of expenses of additional rent for alternate accommodation which s being availed by the insured person if there is a destruction or damage by fire and allied perils including earthquake.
Section VI Pedigree Pet: Under this plan,the company will indemnify the insured against the accidental death or theft of Pedigree Pets . The coverage is limited to the Sum Insured under the plan.
Section VII Baggage : Under this plan,the company will indemnify the insured person or his/her family members who permanently resides with him /her for personal baggage while travelling anywhere in India which is lost, destroyed or damaged due to accident or misfortune.
Section VIII Legal Liability: Under this plan,the company will indemnify the insured against the accidental death, bodily injury, illness or disease to employees or the third parties.
Scope of Fire and Allied Perils : The plan covers the loss or damage arising out of Fire and special perils. The coverage’s are as follows:
- Fire: Under this plan, loss against fire is covered excluding damage or destruction caused to the property either by the normal heating process , or by its own fermentation or by natural burning or if the same goes through any heat process as well. Also burning of the insured property by order of any Public Authority is also excluded under this plan.
- Lightening: Natural calamity of lightening is covered under the plan.
- Implosion/Explosion: Both explosion and implosion are covered except damage or destruction caused to the property by
- To Boilers.
- Caused by centrifugal force.
- Aircraft Damage: Damage, destruction or loss caused by aircraft, other aerial or space devices and articles dropped there from except which are being caused due to the pressure.
- Riot, strikes and Malicious Damage: Coverage is given for any physical damage, loss ,destruction caused by peripheral and aggressive ways which are caused directly to the property apart from:
- Total or partial cessation of work or interruption of any progression or sequence or development.
- Unending or provisional withdrawal.
- Unending or provisional withdrawal of any building from unlawful profession of any individual.
- Housebreaking, burglary, theft, larceny or any such act by any individual.
- Damage, destruction or losses caused by natural calamities like mentioned are also covered under this plan. Storm, cyclone, typhoon, tempest, hurricane, tornado, flood and inundation, excluding those resulting from earthquake, volcanic eruption and other related convulsion of nature are also enclosed beneath this plan.
- Impact Damage: Direct physical damage, loss and destruction caused to the property which has been insured due to any impact by any rail, road, animal or vehicle by direct make contact with which does not belong or neither owned by the Insured or the inhabitant of the property or Insured’s workers while acting in the way of their service or their employment.
- Subsidence and Landslide / Rockslide :Coverage for destruction or loss caused by Subsidence of part of the spot or location on which the property stands or landslide as well as the rockslide with the exception of:
- Usual cracking and gradual movement of the new structures.
- Settlement or movement of made up ground.
- Coastal or river corrosion.
- Faulty design by workmen.
- Destruction, creation, maintenance or construction wise modification of any property.
- Coverage is given for any bursting and or spilling over of Apparatus, water tanks and Pipes.
- Full coverage is also given for the bush fire but excluding the damage, loss and destruction which are being caused due to the woods fire.
- Coverage is also provided for Projectile/Missile Testing functions or operations.
- Coverage is provided for under the plan for leakage from Automatic Sprinkler Installations.
- Earthquake due to Fire and Shock, the two most common causes, are also covered under this plan.
Scope of Burglary and /or Housebreaking / Hold-up: This covers the following:
- Loss or damaged caused due to attempted burglary and/or housebreaking/ hold up.
- Damage to insured’s home and or safety resulting from burglary and /or housebreaking or any attempted threats or dangers subject to a maximum of 5% of Sum Insured.
Scope of Breakdown of appliances i.e, mechanical, electrical / electronic appliances: This covers loss for unforeseen and sudden physical damage caused by and solely due to mechanical and/or electrical breakdown.
Additional Covers under the plan
The following are the additional or optional coverages.
- Jewellery and Valuable cover: It includes both silver and gold jewellery and valuables like camera, watches against fire, burglary, theft, waylaying, snatching and natural calamities.
- Domestic Appliances Cover: The same includes refrigerator, washing machines, against fire, burglary( excluding theft) , natural calamities and breakdown.
- Terrorism Cover: This plan includes the building and content against any damage or losses caused due to ay acts of terrorism.
Exclusions of the policy:
No indemnity is allowed in the following situations:
- The plan excludes the loss and or damage which arises due to war whether the same has been declared or not, invasion, hostilities, act of foreign enemy, civil war, mutiny or civil turmoil.
- The plan excludes the loss, damage and destruction caused due to stubborn act of the insured person.
- The plan excludes Loss, damage and destruction which are caused directly or indirectly to the property which has been insured by emission of energy , ionizing or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear energy or from any nuclear devastate and also by radioactive noxious explosives.
- The plan excludes the loss, damage and destruction caused to the property of the insured which are caused due to smog or by contagion.
- The plan also excludes the loss of pay or any other related substantial or indirect loss and damage of any type.
- The exclusion also states the loss or damage which occurs due to depreciation or normal wear and tear.
- Certain valuable items are excluded in the list of covered items like manuscripts, drawings, plan or other items like coins, stamps, or cash, ATM Cards or jewellery
- Loss or damage caused to any electrical machine, apparatus, fixture or fitting arising out of overrunning, excessive pressure, self heating, short circuiting, arcing, or leakage of electricity.
- All expenses incurred for Architects, Surveyors, and Consulting Engineer’s fees and debris removal by the insured following the loss in excess of 3% and 1% of the claim amount respectively.
- Loss by theft during or after the incident of any of the insured perils except as provided under riot, strike and malicious damage cover.
- Loss of earnings or any other consequential or indirect loss and damage of any kind.
- Loss to livestock, motor vehicles and pedal cycles.
- One can call at the 24x7 toll free number at 080 49123900 to register a claim at the earliest. The following details are to be furnished:
- Name of the Insured person
- Nature of loss.
- Date, time and location of loss.
- Policy Number.
- Contact Details.
- One can also email at claims[at]bharti-axagi[dot]co[dot]in
- The basic documents under the plan are as follows:
- Claim form.
- Death/ Disability Certificate.
- Admission or Discharge Summary.
- On receipt of the documents and investigation reports, the company will inform the policy holder on the claim status within 10 days..
Contact Bharti AXA Insurance
- One can call at 24x7 toll free number for any query, comments or anu other service.
- SMS “SERVICE” to 566700.
Email at customer[dot]service[at]bharti-axagi[dot]co[dot]in
Bharti AXA Home Insurance - FAQs
1. How to pay premium? What are the modes of payment available?
Bharti AXA Home Insurance provide their customer three different modes for payment of the premium.
- Online Payment
- Auto Debit with a mandate
- Cash/ Cheque payment at banks
Policy holder can sign the mandate that the company provides at the time, the policy is signed. You can also rule out that and pay the amount directly to the account either by cheque or cash or by online banking mode.
2. How can I check policy status for Bharti AXA Home Insurance?
If you are a policy holder, you can directly go to the site of Bharti AXA, and provide the details of your policy number, and date of birth as a mandate. You will find that your name and the details of the policy will be popped out in a window. You will have to click on the Check Details tab. There you will find the last payment date, next due date and the number of payments left. You can also register your mobile number and thus you will get the details of the date and amount of the policy directly by SMS on your registered phone.
3. What is the policy renewal process for Bharti AXA Home Insurance?
In general the mandates are signed buy the agent so that the users and the policy holder face no hazard. However you can opt for manual payment. In that case you will get a SMS of the due date. You will have to go to the site and pay the due amount for the renewal.
4. What is the company’s process to settle claim for Bharti AXA Home Insurance?
Generally the claim is settled within seven days of the accidents. If you are having a medical facility, then you will be provided a card and the list of nursing homes, where you can get the discount. For other cases, the officer from the company will visit your home or the spot and after inspection, the claim will be settled. They might ask you to submit some documents in this process.
5. What is the policy cancellation process for Bharti AXA Home Insurance?
You can get through the toll free no, and order for cancellation of the policy. They will give you certain instruction to carry some documents to the help desk. You will have to wait for a month after the documentation. After the policy is cancelled, you will be given an intimation letter at the registered address.
Bharti AXA General Insurance Co.Ltd.,
First Floor,The Ferns Icon,
Off Outer Ring Road, Bangalore - 560037
- Cholamandalam Home Insurance
- Future Generali Home Insurance
- HDFC Ergo Home Insurance
- IFFCO Tokio Home Insurance
- National Insurance Home Insurance
- New India Assurance Home Insurance
- Oriental Home Insurance
- Raheja QBE Home Insurance
- Reliance Home Insurance
- Royal Sundaram Home Insurance
- SBI Home Insurance
- Shriram General Home Insurance
- Universal Sompo Home Insurance
- Everything You Need to Know About New India Assurance Griha Suvidha
- HDFC Ergo Home Insurance versus Bharti AXA Home Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz, Bharti AXA and Cholamandalam: Comprehensive Insurance for Your Home
- Importance of Having a Home Insurance Policy in India
- Secure Your Home against Calamities with Home Insurance
- What Does Home Insurance Cover?
- Savings Calculator
- Income Tax Calculator
- Human Life Value Calculator
- Pension Calculator
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator
- Travel Insurance Calculator