IFFCO Tokio Bike Insurance
IFFCO Tokio bike insurance is cost-effective two wheeler insurance policy in India provided by IFFCO Tokio General Insurance Company. Commuting through two-wheeler is not just only of the most preferred mode in India but also serves as an important need in both Urban and rural parts of the country. With time, Two-wheelers in India has been evolved as well to meet the needs of a specific customer base. Be it Bikes, scooters or cookies, all of them have seen a huge technological leap and are available to each fragment of the customer. Hence they have grown to manifold numbers and are an integral part of daily life to peoples especially the middle and lower section of customers in the Indian economy. To cater to the needs of financial protection, IFFCO Tokio offers a bouquet of insurance plans.
Key Features of IFFCO Tokio Bike Insurance Plans are:
- A cosmic network of cashless garages across India to cover the cashless claim facility in a quick span of time.
- Hassle free processing and simple documentation for smooth on-boarding under its plans.
- Pan India help desk for 24x7 assistance relating to various query & claims pertaining to their respective IFFCO Tokio bike insurance plan.
- A multitude of emergency assistance services can be availed through IFFCO Tokio bike insurance plan ’On Road Protector Coverage’ at a nominal extra premium, along with this plan.
- A unique bouquet of additional benefits available through IFFCO Tokio ‘Value Auto Coverage’ at a small extra premium, along with this Plan.
- Online enrollment, renewal and a host of other features.
- Instant Digitally signed Policy document availed through IFFCO Tokio offices, POS centers, or for online purchases.
- No claim bonus for those customers who have made any claim under the plan for a specific span of time and have renewed their plan atleast 90 days ahead of the expiry date.
- No Claim bonus portability option for those who are willing to transfer their existing Insurance plan from any other insurer.
- Coverage on the loss of accessories based on additional premium.
Coverage under IFFCO Tokio Bike Insurance Policy
- In the event of any loss or damage caused to the vehicle due to the natural and manmade calamities.
- To define Natural Calamities events such as Fire, explosion, self-ignition or lightning, earthquake, flood, typhoon, hurricane, storm, tempest, inundation, cyclone, hailstorm, frost, landslide, rockslide is included in the IFFCO-Tokio two wheeler insurance policy.
- Any loss of damage done due to events such as Burglary, theft, riot, strike, malicious act, accident by external means, any damage in transit by road, rail, inland waterway, lift, elevator or air, are defined as manmade calamities.
- Personal accident cover up to Rs. 15 Lakh is provided for individual owner-driver of the vehicle insured while traveling in, mounting or dismounting from the vehicle. the cover is for death and any kind of permanent disability
- Option for additional cover is available under the same basis additional premium for the pillion rider.
- Complete protection against legal liability arising due to accidental damages, any permanent injury/ death of a person and/or any damage caused to the property.
- Reimbursement of expenses following an accident to the insured vehicle, for removal/towing and redelivery of the car.
- Other Important extension covers are also available basis additional premium amount.
- Loss/damage to electrical/non-electrical accessories.
- Subject to a deduction for depreciation the expenses towards the replacement of part due to an accident are paid as well. 50% of net expenses for all rubber nylon plastic parts tyre and Battery, however, nil expense shall be paid for all parts made of glass.
- In the event of the motorcycle being disabled by reason of loss or damage covered under this plan, IFFCO Tokio shall bear the reasonable cost of protection and removal to the nearest repairers and redelivery to the insured but not exceeding in all Rs.300/- in respect of any one accident.
- Post Authorization only towards the repairing of the damaged two-wheeler, the insurer shall do the needful and cover the expense subject to
- The estimated cost of such repair does not exceed Rs. 150/-
- The Company be furnished forthwith a detailed estimate of the cost and
- The Insured shall give the Company every assistance to see that such repair is necessary and the charge reasonable.
Apart from the above-mentioned events, IFFCO Tokio Two Wheeler Insurance plan as its part transparent and fair dealing policy with the customers shall cover those expenses which have been explicitly mentioned in the plan proposal documents.
Exclusions under IFFCO Tokio Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
The two-wheeler insurance by IFFCO Tokio shall not reimburse the expense incurred in below-mentioned events.
- In the event of any loss or damage or liability which has happened beyond the geographic area as defined in the plan coverage documents
- For cases where the loss or damage is due to any kind of contractual agreement.
- For any claim which has aroused due to the usage of vehicle other than agreed or defined.
- For any loss or damage in case, the vehicle is being driven by any third person other than a Driver as stated in the Driver’s clause.
- In the event of an accident caused under the influence of intoxicating liquor/drugs.
- A vehicle being driven without a valid license.
- In the event of any War and nuclear perils.
- No separate claim shall be reimbursed for any Damage to tyres/tubes unless insured vehicle is also damaged in the same incident. The maximum reimbursement could be up to 50% of the replacement cost will be paid.
- No compensation be payable in respect of death or bodily injury directly or indirectly wholly or in part arising or resulting from or traceable to (1) intentional self-injury, suicide or attempted suicide or (2) an accident happening whilst such person is under the influence of intoxicating liquor or drugs,
- Any liability caused by or due to the consequential event due to ionizing, radiation or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or from, any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel. For the Purposes of this exception, combustion shall include any self-sustaining process.
- Any expense or liability which has happened due to either direct impact or consequential event of any war invasion, the act of foreign enemies, hostilities, or Warlike operations (whether before or after the declaration of war) Civil War, Mutiny, Rebellion, Military, or usurped power.
- In the event wherein the insured is unable to establish with proof, that the loss or liability raised for the claim is independent any of the above-mentioned situations of any consequential event of such a situation.
- Mechanical or electrical breakdown, depreciation, wear and tear.
Other additional Value-Added services
Online Enrollment in Two Wheeler insurance plans
In its attempt to provide valuable coverage with state of the art facilities, IFFCO Tokio Online Plans, not only gives easy claim processing system but expedient settlement procedures as well. Digitally signed certificates can be obtained instantly and hence the entire process is clean and transparent. Customer may enroll the to any of the plans on the go, decide on their premium amount and the coverage they need.
IFFCO Tokio Online Premium Payment
IFFCO Tokio offers the option to pay the premium of their two wheeler insurance premium online in a hassle free way. Customer need to login to the website:
Select the apt option from
- Renewal of Plan
- Renewal of non-IFFCO Tokio insurance plan
- Buy new Plans.
For either of the options, customers have to register first with IFFCO-Tokio for payment.
Customers may renew their insurance plan with a touch through the mobile application which is available on all operating platform such as IOS, Windows & Android.
At the branch
Customer may visit any of the nearest IFFCO Tokio branches to avail the details of their plans and pay premium amount as well as renew the Plan.
Customers may also send the request to renew their insurance plan with IFFCO Tokio via a post on the address
The Retention Vertical,
IFFCO - Tokio General Insurance Co. Ltd.
IFFCO Tower, 4th & 5th Floor, Plot No. 3, Sector - 29,
Gurgaon - 122001, Haryana
Most Important terms & conditions of IFFCO Tokio Two Wheeler insurance plan
- The plan and the Schedule shall be read together and any word or expression to which a
- Specific meaning has been attached in any part of this plan or of the Schedule shall bear the
- Same meaning wherever it may appear.
- A discount shall be allowed to the insured or loading shall be charged on the premium for such part of the insurance as is renewed in respect of the MotorCycle / Motor Scooter Insured.
- Notice shall be given is writing to the Company immediately upon the occurrence of any
- accident or loss or damage and in the event of any claim and thereafter the Insured shall
- give all such information and assistance as the Company shall require.
- Every letter claim writ summons and/or process shall be forwarded to the Company immediately on receipt by the insured.
- Notice shall be given in writing to the Company immediately by the Insured shall have knowledge of any impending prosecution inquest of fatal inquiry in respect of any occurrence which may give rise to a claim under this plan.
- In case of theft or other criminal act, which may be the subject of a claim under this Policy, the Insured shall give immediate notice to the police and co-operate with the Company in securing the conviction of the offender.
- The insurer reserves its right to repair reinstate or replace the motor vehicle or any part thereof and/or its accessories or may pay in cash the amount of the loss or damage and the liability of the Company shall not exceed the actual value of the parts damaged plus the reasonable cost of fitting and shall in no case exceed the insured’s estimate of the value of the motor vehicle.
- It is the primary responsibility of the owner/insured to safeguard the two-wheeler and maintain its condition as per the guidance mentioned in the maintenance booklet issued by the manufacturer.
- The company holds the right to have the free and full access to examine the motorcycle or any part thereof or any driver or employee of the insured.
- The Company may cancel this Policy by sending seven days notice by registered letter to the insured at his last known address and in such event will return to the insured the premium paid less the pro-rata portion thereof for the period the Plan has been in force or the Policy may be cancelled at any time by the insured on seven days notice.
- For any dispute or difference shall arise as to the quantum to be paid under Policy (liability being otherwise admitted) such difference shall independently of all other questions be referred to the decision of a sole arbitrator to be appointed in writing by the parties to or if they cannot agree upon a single arbitrator within 30 days of any party invoking arbitration, the same shall be referred to a panel of three-arbitrator, comprising of two arbitrator, one to be appointed by each of the parties to the dispute/difference and the third arbitrator to be appointed by such two arbitrators and arbitration shall be conducted under and in accordance with the provision of the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996.
- No claim shall be paid in cases where the owner is willingly taking part together with others in any disturbance of the Public peace (whether in connection with a strike or lock-out or not) or the action of any lawfully constituted authority in suppressing or attempting to suppress any such disturbance or in minimizing the consequences of such disturbances.
Claim settlement for IFFCO Tokio Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
- The motor insurance plans with IFFCO Tokio not only are paramount in terms of services but also in claim settlement. To make the entire claim process calming experience for its customer, IFFCO Tokio advises its customer to ensure few tips such as
- Notice of an accident even for cases where the same may not result in a claim involving third parties should be reported to the insurers.
- The insured may be interested to pay compensation without going into whether he is liable to pay or not. It is, therefore, an express condition of the policy that no claim should be admitted or a compromise arrived at, without the approval of the insurers.
- In the case of major claims, the insurers may be willing to defend the criminal case against the driver also on the basis of which compensation claims may be decided in the civil courts.
- Every accident involving third parties is required to be reported to the police. Motor Vehicle Act provides that a third party victim can proceed against the insurers directly. If the alleged accident is not reported to the insurers, the insurers can consider this as a violation of policy condition. In such circumstances, even if insurers are required to pay compensation by a court of law, they have an option of recovering such claim amounts from the insured for violation of specific policy condition.
IFFCO Tokio general insurance company started cost-effective Two Wheeler Insurance Policy online in India. Buy or renew IFFCO Tokio motor insurance now at PolicyBazaar.
IFFCO Tokio Two Wheeler Insurance - FAQs
Ans: The IFFCO Tokio Bike Insurance Premium can be paid in three different payment modes.
- Cash/ cheque payment at the branch
- Online Payment
- Mobile portal with the help of Android and iOS
- By Post
For the online payment of IFFCO Tokio Bike Insurance Premium, the policyholder can pay via;
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Net banking
Ans: You can inquire from Toll-free number of the company to know more. Please keep your policy details handy before calling.
Ans: You can pay your IFFCO Tokio two-wheeler insurance renewal premium in 3 easy steps online if you are a registered user: Step1:Enter your bike insurance policy details to login into company portal Step2:Choose the payment option Debit/Credit Card or Net Banking to pay premium Step3:Save or print the premium deposit receipt.Walk into the nearest branch to deposit cash/cheque.
Ans: You can register the IFFCO Tokio Bike Insurance claim in the following steps Step 1:Intimate IFFCO-Tokio through the toll free number immediately on admission (not later than 7 days from the date of discharge). Please quote your Policy Certificate Number while intimating the claim. Step 2:Avail treatment and settle all the bills with the hospital and then file a claim for reimbursement. Step 3:Download the relevant claim form from our website request for one through our call center. Step 4:Submit Claim documents to your nearest branch
Ans: You can visit the nearest branch with your policy documents to surrender. The refund will be directly credited into your bank and intimated to you by an SMS.