Tata AIG Two Wheeler Insurance
Tata AIG Two Wheeler Insurance Overview
TATA AIG Two Wheeler Insurance plan is offered by Tata AIG General Insurance Company Limited, which is an Indian general insurance company. TATA Aig is joint venture between TATA Group and American international group.
Two wheelers are considered as the most convenient and easy going mode of transportation in any busy city. However, the same is not free from risk especially in today’s scenario where the numbers of vehicles are increasing day by day. TATA AIG has designed Two Wheeler Insurance Plans to protect the same from the risk of accidents, third party damage/loss etc. The company caters to the requirements of insurance plans both in the Life Insurance plans and in General Insurance plans. Two-Wheeler insurance plan offered by the company comes under the category of Motor Insurance plans. Amongst all the other two wheeler insurance plans, TATA AIG two wheeler plan is a comprehensive plan which provides the all round protection from any unforeseen incidents.
TATA AIG Two Wheeler Insurance Plan
Two wheeler insurance is as important and vital as four wheeler insurance plans. And as two wheelers are very effortless to travel with, the exposure to accident are more. Accidents can happen at any time while riding this vehicle and hence its absolutely essential to keep a protection against all kind of risks associated with the accident. Every vehicle owner’s prime accountability is to avail a good two wheeler insurance policy which will help and protect oneself not only from the danger of the accident but also from the third party risks as well. Moreover, legally also the same is mandatory. This insurance provides monetary shield and a absolute peace of mind. In case of any unpleasant incident or unanticipated emergency the two wheeler insurance plan will also take care of the financial liability that arises due to theft, burglary, house break, natural calamities like lightning, storms etc and third party property damage and death of third party. The insurance company supports the insured individual in law suits as well. Several two wheeler insurance plans are available in TATA AIG two wheeler insurance plans and one can choose a plan which suits his requirements.
Features & Benefits of Tata AIG Two Wheeler Insurance
TATA AIG two wheeler insurance plans has distinctive features and benefits which makes it different from the rest of the two wheeler insurance plans. The two wheeler plans provides an all round coverage from any unforeseen loss or damage to the two wheeler. TATA AIG Two wheeler plans are cost efficient, user friendly and most importantly transparent in nature.
- This plan covers the partial or total loss caused to the vehicle due to accident, fire and associated perils.
- TATA AIG Two Wheeler Insurance Plan covers the Third Party Liability in terms of bodily injury and third party property damage under this plan.
- Special discount (No Claim Bonus) for a claim free experience.
- Depreciation for parts which needs replacement will be calculated at a prefixed rate in case of accidents under this plan.
- There is simply no deduction on the count of the Salvage Value under this plan.
- Convenience of making payments directly to various authorized garages through Direct Payment Facility as well. Though this is available in few selected locations only
- Speedy and hassle free claim settlement process.
- TATA AIG two wheeler insurance plan can be applied online as well.
- Customer support is always available (24x7) at the service resolving the queries
- Online renewal of plans can be done also from the official website under this plan.
Tata AIG Two Wheeler Insurance Eligibility
Any person who owns a two wheeler.
Tata AIG Two Wheeler Insurance Coverage
This plan covers the Two-Wheeler
- Any loss or damage caused to the vehicle.
- Any Third Party Liability which has happened due to accident resulting in loss or damage of life or property of any third party.
Exclusions under TATA AIG Two Wheeler Insurance Plan
This plan also has the generic exclusions as other two wheeler plans like driving without a valid license or under the influence of drugs or alcohol or beyond the contracted geographical boundaries or even for commercial usage or as a part of terrorism.
Add On Covers for Tata AIG Two Wheeler Insurance Plan
Certain Add On Covers are available if one wants to opt for the same which are namely:
- Depreciation Reimbursement: Under this plan, TATA AIG will pay the depreciation value of the replaced parts for the first 2 own damage claims and provided the same is shown in Section 1 of the plan.
- Return To Invoice: Under this plan, the amount paid in case of total loss/ theft is equal to the difference between claim received and the car’s actual purchase price as mentioned in the invoice or current market price whichever is less including first time registration charge and road tax.
However, certain exclusions are there under this plan which are as follows:
- Total loss and theft claim is not covered under section 1 of this plan.
- If the vehicle is stolen, the same is recovered within 90 days of theft unless the Final Investigation Report is submitted.
- Any non built in electrical and non electrical accessories including bi-fuel kit which forms the part of the invoice but is not insured under section 1 of the plan.
- Covered vehicle s imported.
- In case of theft claim, the Final Investigation Report is not issued by the Police Authorities and is to be submitted to TATA AIG.
Renewal of TATA AIG Two Wheeler Insurance Plans Online
It is very important that one should renew the insurance plans in time, so that insured vehicle continues to be under the coverage of the insurance plans and enjoy the benefits of the same. There is a option of “Renew Online” in the website .One has to just enter the policy number along with the Client Identification Number and the two wheeler registration number. In addition to these, few personal details and registered email and phone number needs to be provided under this plan. The source of income also needs to be filled in by the policy holder. Digitally signed copy of the insurance plan will be sent to the registered email id after the payment of the requisite amount and the same can be downloaded as well.
TATA AIG also sends reminders to renew the two wheeler insurance plans. There is a option called “ Set a Policy reminder” in the website under Motor Insurance> Two wheeler Insurance. Under this plan, certain detail needs to fill up which are namely and then submit button has to be clicked:
- Policy Number
- Mobile Number
- Email id
- Telephone Number
- Product Name
Claim Process for TATA AIG Two Wheeler Insurance
There are various ways one can file a claim which are:
Calling at 24x7 Toll free number of the company. The following details needs to be kept handy while making a conversation with a customer care executive:
- Policy Number: The Policy Number needs to be provided to track the individual insurance plan.
- Contact Number: This is mandatory as the company needs to contact the policy holder as and when required.
- Name of Insured: It’s again a must to provide.
- Location of Loss: The location or place where the incident has taken place needs to be mentioned.
- Date & Time of Loss: The date and time of the incident needs to be mentioned also.
- Nature of Loss:
- Place and contact details of the person at the loss location.
- Write to general[dot]claims@tata-aig[dot]com
Actions needs to be taken in case of an accident
In case of an accident, the following thing needs to be done:
- Attend to bodily injury if applicable
- Its prudent to note down the numbers of the other vehicles involved in the accident if applicable.
- If there are any witnesses, the names and contact numbers can be noted down.
- Call up the toll free number immediately in the event of any claim and fill up the claim form as attached with the insurance plan.
- FIR or First Information Report has to be filed with Police in case of property damage, theft or bodily injury claims.
The documents which are needed for processing of claims mainly are:
- Claim Form.
- Driving License of the person who was driving at the time of the incident.
- Registration Book
What TATA AIG will do:
TATA AIG has highly trained professionals who handles claims and they will take care of the settlement process entirely. They will do the following:
- Update and notify you about the recent policies and procedures so that you are aware of the process and the changes as well.
- Direct and help you to a superior repair facility which will assist the insured person to take good care of the vehicle.
- Evaluation and estimation of repairs with the authorized garages in such a way that one need not take any hassle or trouble of doing any personal estimation from his end.
- Informing about the cost of repairs and every details of the same.
- If need be, direct payment will be made to the authorized garage to share the loss as per the plan and schedule.
TATA AIG ‘s Insurance claim is considered as one of the most price competent, fast and customer friendly and has the following strengths
- All India Network of Surveyors.
- Tailor made service level agreements for all major customers.
- Direct settlement at major garages under TATA AIG Two wheeler plans.
- Green Channel Settlement –Value added services at no extra cost.
- SMS claim notification/ e-claim notification under this plan.
- Guarantee of repairs/ Auto Restore Warranty under Two wheeler plans .
TATA AIG Two Wheeler Insurance plan can be taken for second hand two wheelers also.
You can also check insurance for the following bike models:
- Bajaj Discover 150F Insurance
- TVS Jupiter Insurance
- Honda CB Shine Insurance
- Indian Chief Classic Insurance
- BMW S1000 R Insurance
- Yamaha Fascino Insurance
- Royal Enfield Classic 350 Insurance
Tata AIG Two Wheeler Insurance- FAQs
1. How to pay a premium? What are the modes of payment available?
The Tata AIG General Insurance Company offers 2 modes of premium payment namely:
- Cash payment at the branch
- Online Payment
For the online payment mode, the policyholder can pay via;
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Net banking
2. How can I check policy status for Tata AIG two wheeler insurance?
Registered users can login to portal with their username and password to check the policy status.
3. What is the policy renewal process for Tata AIG two wheeler insurance?
Step1: Enter your Policy Number, Expiry Date and Client ID into Renew Online portal
Step2: Calculate the premium
Step3: Select the payment option –Net Banking or Debit/Credit Card
Step4: Save/print the premium deposit receipt
Alternatively, you can pay via cash/cheque at any of the nearest branch.
4. What is the company’s process to settle claim for Tata AIG two wheeler insurance?
You can register your claim online.
Upon successful completion of formalities within 7 working days the claim is settled.
5. What is the policy cancellation process for Tata AIG two wheeler insurance?
Submit your policy with surrender form to your nearest branch. The refund will be directly credited into your account and the policy will stand cancelled, upon successful completion of documents.
You might be interested following insurance plans provided by TATA AIG:
- Tata AIG Health Insurance
- Tata AIG Car Insurance
- Tata AIG Commercial Vehicle Insurance
- Tata AIG Travel Insurance
- Tata AIG Home Insurance
- Tata AIG Personal Accident
- Bajaj Allianz Two Wheeler Insurance
- Bharti AXA Two Wheeler Insurance
- DHFL Two Wheeler Insurance
- Digit Two Wheeler Insurance
- HDFC Ergo Two Wheeler Insurance
- IFFCO Tokio Two Wheeler Insurance
- Kotak Mahindra Two Wheeler Insurance
- Liberty Two Wheeler Insurance
- National Insurance Two Wheeler Insurance
- New India Assurance Two Wheeler Insurance
- Oriental Insurance Two Wheeler Insurance
- Reliance Two Wheeler Insurance
- SBI Two Wheeler Insurance
- Shriram Two Wheeler Insurance
- United India Two Wheeler Insurance
- Universal Sompo Two Wheeler Insurance
- Benefits of Bajaj Allianz Two Wheeler Insurance Renewal
- 5 Things to Consider Before Filing a Bike Insurance Claim
- What is the Impact of GST on Two-Wheeler Market?
- Buying a new Motorcycle? Here are the Variables that Impact the Motorcycle Insurance Premium
- Buying Two-Wheeler Insurance Policy? Here are the Tips to Buy the Best Two-Wheeler Insurance Policy
- 5 Things You Should Know Before Purchasing a Bike Insurance Policy
Tata AIG Two Wheeler Insurance Reviews
My new bike is insure with tata aig two wheeler insurance plan. The policy is good with good claims. The tow facility is there for free. Good number of garages are there for fast and quick service. The policy coverage is high ~89%. Behaviour of the executives and staff members is very calm and nice. I like my policy plan.