United India Two Wheeler Insurance
United India Insurance Company was established on the 18th of February’ 1938 and its general insurance business got nationalized in India in the year 1972. The company understands the importance of two-wheeler insurance plans and thus offers different policies to meet the requirements of its owners. The company is among those motor insurance providers of Indian who offer geographical area extensions in just Rs.500.
Why Buy a Two Wheeler Insurance Plan?
Any two-wheeler plying on the roads of India is required to have at least a third-party insurance plan. However, it is not only the compulsion due to which one should have an insurance plan, but a two-wheeler insurance policy provides the financial support to an insured in case of any loss or damage to the vehicle or self in an accident. It also takes care of the damage of third-party person, property, or vehicle caused because of an accident.
Key Benefits - United India Two Wheeler Insurance:
The key benefits that an insured gets with United India Two Wheeler Insurance plan are:
- Quick and Easy Claim Settlement: The insurance company offers easy and quick claim settlement service.
- Discounts: Discounts like ‘No Claim Bonus' ranging from 20% to 50% is offered.
- Excellent Customer Service: The Company has excellent customer care department that is available to help its customers.
- Add-On Cover: United India Two Wheeler Insurance Company offers several add-on covers for enhancing the coverage of basic two-wheeler insurance plan.
Two-Wheeler Insurance Plans Offered by United India Two Wheeler Insurance Company:
The United India Two Wheeler Insurance Company offers two insurance plans for motorbikes:
- Liability Only Policy
- Package Policy
Liability Only Policy:
Under this insurance policy, the loss or damage incurred to a third-party person or property is covered. It is basically, a type of third-party insurance plan.
This is a comprehensive two-wheeler insurance plan offered by United India Two Wheeler Insurance Company. Under this plan, not only the losses and damages incurred to third-party property and person are covered but damage or loss to own vehicle are also covered.
Features of United India Two-Wheeler Insurance Plan:
Prominent features of two-wheeler insurance plans offered by the United India Insurance Company are:
- Basic Cover as well as Personal Accident Cover for Co-Passengers: The policies of United India Two-Wheeler Insurance offer basic insurance cover for two-wheelers as well as personal accident cover for co-passengers up to Rs.15 Lakh.
- Third-Party Cover: The two-wheeler insurance plans offer coverage against bodily injury or death of third-party. The damage to the property of third-party is also covered.
- Online Facility: One can renew or purchase a two-wheeler insurance policy online.
- Guaranteed Compensation: The plans of United India Two-Wheeler Insurance provide guaranteed compensation in case of damage or robbery of the insured two-wheeler.
- Geographical Area Extension: The plans of United India provide the facility of geographical area extension by paying an amount of Rs.500.
The basic inclusions offered by United India Two-Wheeler Insurance plans are:
Inclusions in Third-Party Liability (Liability Only) Insurance:
- This insurance plan covers liabilities incurring to third-party in case of an accident. This feature also covers accidental death or physical injury to a third-party person.
- The plan also offers compensation of up to Rs.1 Lakh in case of third-party property damage, injury, or death of third-party.
Inclusions in Own Damage (Package Policy) Insurance:
The United India Two-Wheeler Insurance Company offers a wide range of coverage in case of own damage. The plan covers damages incurred due to:
- Natural calamities such as flood, cyclone, typhoon, storm, hurricane, hailstorm, etc.
- Rockslide and landslide.
- Fire, explosion, lightning, self-ignition.
- Malicious activities like terrorism.
- Housebreaking, theft, burglary of the two-wheeler.
- Riots and strike.
The two-wheeler insurance policies of United India also provide coverage against personal accident. The situations covered in this case are:
- The company pays a sum insured of Rs.15 Lakh to the driver and/or owner of the insured vehicle if he/she encounters permanent partial disability or permanent total disability or accidental death.
- This works as an income replacement or financial help in case of traumatic instances of a personal accident.
The United India Two-Wheeler Insurance also provides the facility of add-on features to enhance the basic coverage. The main add-on features that are availed by paying an additional premium are:
- Extension of Geographical Area: United India Two-Wheeler Insurance offers the feature of geographical area extension by paying an additional 500 Rupees. The regions covered in this feature are:
- Sri Lanka
- Zero Depreciation Cover: Under this add-on cover depreciation waiver is offered for plastic and metal parts if partial loss incurs to them. The claim amount is granted to the insured without deducting the depreciation on the replaced parts. The inclusions and exclusions of this add-on cover are:
- All the plastic parts without any depreciation.
- The full amount is compensated in case of replacement of all the parts of insured’s two-wheeler.
- All the metal parts excluding the depreciation.
- The claims made for theft of accessories or parts of a two-wheeler.
- The total deductible amount specified in the schedule of the policy.
- Damage occurred due to mechanical breakdown of the bike or any peril that is uninsured.
The list of exclusions is:
- Mechanical or electrical breakdown, normal wear and tear
- Driving under the influence of a drug or other intoxicants like liquor
- Tyre damage
- Driving without a valid driving license
- If the vehicle is used for any illegal purposes
- Using the vehicle outside the geographical limits of the plan
- Perils and nuclear wars
- If the vehicle is used for speed testing, reward or hire, carriage of goods, reliability trials, organized racing.
The Discounts Offered by United India Two-Wheeler Insurance:
The discounts provided by United India Two-Wheeler Insurance Company are:
No Claim Bonus:
The company offers the ‘No Claim Bonus’ to its customers. The ‘No Claim Bonus’ or NCB is the discount that is given for every claim free year. The NCB starts with 20% and reaches up to 50% for consecutive 5 claim free years. The most interesting part of this discount is - an insured can retain it even if he/she sells his/her two-wheeler and gets a new one. The table below defines the percentage of NCB for every claim free year:
Claim Free Years
2 consecutive years
3 consecutive years
4 consecutive years
5 consecutive years
Installing Security Device(s):
A two-wheeler with anti-theft devices gets an additional discount of 2.5% (maximum) on the insurance premium.
A deductible is the percentage of the amount that an insured agrees to pay from his/her pocket in case of mishap or accident by/of his/her vehicle. The more the deductible one adds in his/her insurance plan, the lower the insurance premium he/she has to pay for his/her two-wheeler.
If the insured two-wheeler is the member of any of the known Automobile Association of India, then it attracts an extra discount on the premium of two-wheeler insurance.
Process for United India Insurance Online Renewal for Two Wheeler:
An insured can renew his/her United India Two Wheeler Insurance Online by following the below steps:
- Go to the official website of the United India Insurance Company.
- Click the ‘Motor Insurance’ tab and select the ‘Quick Renewal’ option from the drop-down.
- A new page opens that requests an insured to enter his/her policy number that is to be renewed.
- On providing the policy number, the insured has to pay the renewal fees through credit/ debit card or through net banking as the renewal amount.
United India Two-Wheeler Insurance Policy Claim Process:
An insured should follow the below steps to file a claim in case of an accident:
- Intimate the United India Insurance Company either by call or by visiting its nearest branch.
- If the accident is major, then it is suggested to keep the two-wheeler at the spot of the accident so that the surveyor can easily inspect it.
- If any third-party liabilities are involved in the accident, then the insured is requested to inform the nearest police station as soon as possible.
- The damaged two-wheeler can be sent to the authorized workshop only after the approval of the surveyor.
- The insured should fill the claim form after completion of the repair of the two-wheeler and submit this form to the insurance company with other required documents.
United India Two-Wheeler Insurance - FAQs
Q1: What should I do, if I have misplaced my insurance policy?
In this case, the insured must inform the insurance company as soon as possible so that the company can send the duplicate copy of the policy. However, the insured needs to pay a small compensation for a duplicate copy.
Q2: Am I eligible to get insurance coverage, if I do not have my driving license?
An insured is required to possess a valid driving license in order to apply a claim with United India Insurance Company.
Q3: How is the premium of United India Two-Wheeler Insurance calculated?
The premium of United India Two-Wheeler Insurance depends on various factors, which are:
- Insured Declared Value
- The cubical capacity of the two-wheeler
- Two-wheeler’s registration zone
- Add-on covers
Q4: How the United India Two-Wheeler Insurance Policy’s sum assured is calculated?
The sum assured depends on the Insured Declared Value of the insured bike.
Q5: What is the tenure of United India Two-Wheeler Insurance policy?
The basic tenure of United India Two-Wheeler Insurance Policy is one year however, one can also buy a plan for a shorter tenure.
Q6: Will I be able to avail the No Claim Bonus for an expired United India Two-Wheeler Insurance Policy?
An insured is given a grace period of 90 days to renew an expired two-wheeler insurance policy. The ‘No Claim Bonus (NCB)’ remains with the insured during this grace period. However, if he/she fails to renew the policy even within these 90 days, then he/she loses NCB.
- Bajaj Allianz Two Wheeler Insurance
- Bharti AXA Two Wheeler Insurance
- DHFL Two Wheeler Insurance
- Digit Two Wheeler Insurance
- Edelweiss Two Wheeler Insurance
- HDFC Ergo Two Wheeler Insurance
- IFFCO Tokio Two Wheeler Insurance
- Kotak Mahindra Two Wheeler Insurance
- Liberty Two Wheeler Insurance
- National Insurance Two Wheeler Insurance
- New India Assurance Two Wheeler Insurance
- Oriental Insurance Two Wheeler Insurance
- Reliance Two Wheeler Insurance
- SBI Two Wheeler Insurance
- Shriram Two Wheeler Insurance
- Tata AIG Two Wheeler Insurance
- Universal Sompo Two Wheeler Insurance
- How to Get the Details of Bike Insurance by Registration Number?
- How ‘Pay and Recover’ Policy Helps you Get the Compensation if you Get Hit by a Biker?
- New Traffic Rules: Hefty Traffic Violation Fines to be Imposed from September
- Own Damage Cover: A Saviour in the Hour of Need!
- 7 Maintenance Tips to get your Motorcycle prepared for Long Trips
- How an Online and Offline Two Wheeler Insurance Differ from Each Other
- Savings Calculator
- Income Tax Calculator
- Human Life Value Calculator
- Pension Calculator
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator