Reliance Bharat Griha Raksha Policy – Key Benefits
||All the residential properties
||No deductibles are applicable except in case of a terrorism clause.
Auto-increment in SI annually by 10% for home building cover without paying an additional premium.
||Automatic coverage for general contents up to 20% of building SI subject to a maximum of ₹ 10 lakhs.
Coverage for additional structures.
*Disclaimer:The above table is indicative. Refer to the policy wordings for detailed key specifications and coverage of the Reliance Bharat Griha Raksha Policy.
Inclusions of Reliance Bharat Griha Raksha Policy
Reliance Bharat Griha Raksha policy protects your house and its contents against losses from a series of risks. To guide you in this, here is a list of inclusions of the Reliance Bharat Griha Raksha policy-
- Loss or damage due to fire, explosion/implosion, and lightning
- Loss or damage due to unusual activities, such as riots, strikes, and malicious damage
- Loss or damage due to earthquake
- Loss or damage due to subsidence, including landslide & rockslide
- Loss or damage due to other nature's fury, such as storms, cyclones, typhoons, tempests, hurricanes, tornados, tsunamis, floods, and inundations
- Loss or damage occurred due to leakage while installing an automatic sprinkler
- Any damage due to acts of terrorism (as per the terrorism clause)
- Loss or damage due to bursting or overflowing of water tanks, pipes, and apparatus
- Loss due to bush fire.
- Architect, surveyor, or consulting engineers fees, up to 5% of the claim amount
- Cost/expenses of removing debris from the insured home, up to 2% of the claim amount
- Loss of rent/rent for alternative accommodation coverage (provided up to the sum insured opted and numbers of the months of coverage chosen).
*Disclaimer:The above inclusions are for illustration purposes only. Kindly refer to the policy wordings to understand the exact coverage and their benefits.
Exclusions of Reliance Bharat Griha Raksha Policy
The Reliance Bharat Griha Raksha policy does not entertain the following conditions-
- Willful or intentional activity causing loss or damage to the insured property or its content
- Loss/damage to any electronic appliance by over-running, over-loading, short-circuiting, etc.
- Loss/damage due to war or war-like operations, such as civil war, mutiny, civil commotion, rebellion, revolution, etc.
- Loss/damage due to any nuclear/radioactive contamination
- Loss of earnings, consequential loss, or loss by delay
- Loss/damage due to pollution or contamination
- Costs of preparing claims.
*Disclaimer:The above exclusions are for illustration purposes only. Kindly refer to the policy wording to understand the exact exclusion.
Add-ons of Reliance Bharat Griha Raksha Policy
If you need extensive protection, the Reliance Bharat Griha Raksha policy offers some add-ons that you can pick as per your choice-
- Cover Valuable Contents such as jewellery, antiques, artwork, etc., at your home on an agreed value basis.
- Personal Accident (Death) Cover for yourself and your spouse for ₹ 5 lakhs each.
Things to Keep in Mind about Reliance Bharat Griha Raksha Policy
- Cover your home building for up to 10 years with your contents and additional structures like compound walls, garages, water tanks and other utilities.
- Automatic cover for general home contents up to 20% of building sum insured subject to a maximum of ₹ 10 lakhs.
- Auto-increase in sum insured annually by 10% for home building cover without additional premium.
- No deductible is applicable under the policy except in case of terrorism claims.
Who can Buy Reliance Bharat Griha Raksha Policy?
All homeowners, tenants, and property owners residing in India can buy this cover for at least one year and up to 10 years.
How to Claim Reliance Bharat Griha Raksha Policy?
You can quickly raise claims under your Bharat Griha Raksha policy by Reliance General Insurance Company. Here is a step-by-step guide to raise a claim under your policy-
- Step 1: Intimate the loss details by calling the insurance company and obtaining the claim number.
- Step 2: Co-operate with the surveyor appointed for the survey.
- Step 3: Fill up and submit the claim form and all required documents to the surveyor.
- Step 4: Surveyor will design the assessment report and submit it to the insurance company.
- Step 5: The insurer at RGI adjudicates the case as acceptable/not acceptable as per policy terms & conditions or seeks additional details.
- Step 6: If a claim is not acceptable, share an email or communication with reason with the insurance company. However, if the claim is acceptable, payment is made through NEFT to the policyholder.
FAQs about Reliance Bharat Griha Raksha Policy
Ans: The policy is available for a minimum of 1 year and a maximum of 10 years to homeowners, tenants, and property owners.
Ans: You can buy Reliance Bharat Griha Raksha policy from the insurance company's official website or Policybazaar Insurance Brokers Private Limited. At Policybazaar.com, you can avail a hassle-free claim settlement process.