SBI Child Insurance Plan
It is not an easy task to secure the life of your children. The expenses for education and medical needs are growing rapidly in recent times and you need to be prepared to handle the future expenses of your children.
However, there is a way to ensure that at least your child’s finances are taken care of. You can do so by choosing the child life insurance plans, offered by SBI, and provide the best savings and protection for your children’s needs.
SBI Life offers two insurance plans for children and you can choose the one that matches your requirements. Let us discuss the features of both the plans in a detail.
Smart Champ Insurance by SBI Life
In this plan, the policyholder’s life will be covered throughout the tenure of the policy. The nominee is usually the child whom you want to benefit from the policy. This can be the perfect choice when you want to save money for the education needs of your children.
Basic Features of SBI Smart Champ Plan
- After the child reaches the age of 18, the smart benefits will begin to flow every year till the child reaches the age of 21.
- The educational needs of the child can be easily met as you get money every year in equal installments.
- This protection will be guaranteed even during your absence and this is the major highlight of the plan.
- In the unfortunate event of the policyholder not surviving the tenure of the policy, the sum assured will be immediately paid to the nominee.
- Along with that, there will be no need to pay future premiums, thereby reducing the financial burden on the family members.
- You can choose to pay the premium in regular installments or in a single payment according to your convenience.
- It is also possible to pay the premium for a limited term by choosing the relevant category.
- In the event of permanent disability due to accident, the policy holder will get immediate benefits and there is no need to pay future premiums for the plan.
- You can even get a survival benefits with the last installment of the smart benefit.
- The policyholder is eligible for tax benefits under this plan.
Get a Bonus Every Year
You can get a share in the profits from the plan and this is a good option as your money will keep growing in value every year. The company will provide an annual bonus based on the returns generated by the business. This will become part of the guaranteed benefits.
Eligibility Criteria For Smart Champ Plan
- The age of entry for the life assured is fixed at a minimum of 21 years and a maximum of 50 years.
- The age of entry for the child is set at a minimum of 0 years and at a maximum of 13 years.
- The maximum age of the life assured at maturity is 70 years and for the child, it is at 21 years old.
- The basic sum assured has a minimum value of 1 lakh rupees and the maximum is at 1 crore rupees.
- You can pay the premium every month or choose the quarterly, half yearly, and annual payment plans.
Paid up Value of Smart Champ Plan
The plan will start accumulating a paid up value after the premium is paid for 2 complete years when you choose a tenure of less than 10 years. In the same manner, for plans of more than 10 years’ tenure, the premium has to be paid for 3 full years to be eligible for the paid up value. This is a good option, as the policyholder can get additional benefits in the future. This also provides different survival benefits along with maturity benefits.
Surrender Value of Smart Champ Plan
After the premium is paid for a few years, the policy attains a certain surrender value depending upon the terms mentioned in the plan. In this way, you can get funding for emergency expenses by taking loans on the policy.
Important Note :
There are no Riders in this plan. You can get rebates by choosing a higher sum assured. You can even return the policy and get it terminated within a few weeks after buying the plan, if you are not satisfied with the terms of the policy. The policy comes with the exclusion that no benefits will be paid if the person dies by committing suicide.
Smart Scholar Plan from SBI Life
This is a market linked plan and you can grow your investments in this and, also, get protection for your life. This is a good way to secure the future of your children as you can get market linked benefits along with insurance benefits in one plan. It is also a good option when you want to save tax on a regular basis.
Basic Features of SBI Smart Scholar Plan
- In this plan, the life cover is provided for the parent and the age restriction for the child is in the range of 0 to 17 years.
- You can choose between as many as 7 funds, depending upon your risk profile.
- After the completion of term, the fund value can be conveniently used for education and other requirements of your children.
- If the insured person dies during the tenure of the policy, the lump sum benefit will be passed on to the beneficiary.
- Along with that, the future premiums will waived and there will be no change in the accumulated fund value that is credited at the end of the tenure.
- This protection is provided even in the event of permanent disability, due to an accident.
- You can even get loyalty bonus for continuing with the policy for a long duration.
Eligibility Criteria for Smart Scholar Plan
- The age of entry for the parent is the maximum and minimum age of 18 years to 57 years respectively, and the age of entry for the child is in the range of 0 years to 17 years.
- The maturity age for the parent is fixed at a maximum of 65 years and for the child, it ranges between 18 to 25 years.
- You can choose between the single premium payment option and the limited term premium payment option, according to your convenience.
- The tenure of the policy ranges between 8 to 25 years.
- The premium can be paid regularly on a monthly basis or you can even choose quarterly, half yearly, and annual payment modes.
- There is no limit to the maximum amount of premium you can choose for this plan.
- The minimum amount of premium you can pay on a monthly basis is around 4000 rupees when you choose the regular payment option for a tenure that is more than 8 years.
Benefits of Choosing Smart Scholar Plan from SBI Life
- The life of the parent is covered in this policy and a lump sum benefit is offered to the survivor in the event of unfortunate death of the person.
- If the child does not survive the tenure of the policy, the life assured will have the option to terminate the contract or continue with the plan according to their requirements.
- The maturity benefit will be paid in lump sum after the completion of the tenure.
- You can get permanent disability and accident benefit if you choose the regular premium payment plan.
- In such an event, there will be no need to pay future premiums to continue the policy.
- It is possible to choose a single fund for investment or multiple funds, as per your risk taking ability.
- You can even switch between different funds depending upon the changing market environment.
- After the policy has completed 5 years, you can even choose to make partial withdrawals for emergency financial requirements.
- You can even get various tax benefits by choosing this insurance plan.
- If, for some reason, you are not happy with the terms of the policy, you can even return the policy within the first few weeks after the commencement of the plan.
Important Note :
This is a linked insurance plan and there will be no option to withdraw or surrender the policy within 5 years of commencement of the plan. The investment risk is borne by the insured person and the premium amount paid for the policy is subject to market risk. The policy comes with suicide clause exclusion and there are certain conditional clauses for the accident benefit.
In this manner, you can choose the simple option of a regular insurance plan by opting for the Smart Champ Plan. On the other hand, if you want to grow your money by taking some risk, you can select the Smart Scholar Plan. Remember that you have to track the performance of the funds carefully when you choose a market linked insurance plans. By choosing the appropriate plan, you can provide a regular source of income to meet the future financial needs of your children.
- Most Read
- Everything You Need To Know About SBI Child Insurance Plan
Date: 08 March 2018
- 5 Things You Don’t Know About Unit Linked Pension Plans
Date: 07 March 2018
- Common Myths about Child Insurance Plans
Date: 07 March 2018
- Long Term Capital Gains Tax: Time for ULIPs to Rise and Shine
Date: 05 February 2018
- Term Vs Whole Life Insurance: Which one you Should Buy?
Date: 01 February 2018
- Best 5 LIC Policies To Invest in 2018
Views : 1293143
- How to Check LIC Policy Status, Details, Statement via Online/SMS/Call
Views : 1246655
- A Quick Guide To Post Office Monthly Income Scheme
Views : 503510
- Best Term Insurance Plans in India with Claim Settlement Ratio
Views : 497649
- National Pension Scheme (NPS) – Govt Approved Pension Scheme
Views : 376338