Kotak Life Child Plans
Kotak Mahindra Old Mutual Life Insurance Ltd is a joint venture undertaken by Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd., affiliates and Old Mutual. It is one of India’s leading financial service providers which offers a host of products specifically designed and customized to meet the individual needs of all its customers. The company offers various insurance plans.
What are Child Plans?
Specialized plans meant to provide for the financial safety of the future of the child are called child plan. An individual buys this plan to plan for and secure his child’s future against any unfortunate contingency, namely his death.
Companies offering these plans sell the plans covering the life of either of the parent. Some companies also offer child plans covering the life of the child. The plan boasts of having an inbuilt feature where the premiums payable will be waived off and even paid by the company in the event of death of the parent since he cannot pay the subsequent premiums. This feature ensures that the plan bought with the safety of the child’s future in mind is not disrupted because of any unforeseen event. On death, a benefit will be paid and the plan will continue. On maturity another specified benefit will be paid to take care of the child’s financial requirements.
Kotak Child Plans
Kotak Life Insurance Company offers one type of child insurance plan called the Kotak Headstart Child Assure Plan. The plan promises multiple benefits and comes loaded with great features. The plan with its complete set of characteristics is described below:
Kotak Headstart Child Assure Plan
This is a unit linked child insurance plan which protects the child’s future against untimely death of the parent by providing financial assistance. Notable elements of the plan are highlighted as under:
- Premiums for the plan are required to be paid either for the entire period of the plan through the Regular Pay option of premium payment or for a limited period under the Limited Pay option of paying the premium
- The premiums paid net of charges can be invested in a choice of seven funds available with the company at the discretion of the policyholder. The funds are Classic Opportunities Fund, Frontline Equity Fund, Balanced Fund, Dynamic Bond Fund, Dynamic Floating Rate Fund, Dynamic Gilt Fund and Money Market Fund
- If the insured dies when the plan is continuing, the Sum Assured and the Fund Value is immediately paid to the nominee provided that the minimum value should not be lower than 105% of the premiums which were paid before death. Future premiums will be credited by the company in the fund value. On maturity, the available fund value is paid
- On maturity, the Fund Value is paid and the policyholder can take it either in lump sum on maturity or in instalments post maturity over 5 years under the Settlement Option.
- Four switches are allowed annuallywhich are free to change between the funds
- Partial withdrawals are allowed after policy completes 5 years subject to a minimum amount of Rs.10, 000
- Premium redirection facility is available to redirect future premiums into a choice of another fund
- The premiums you pay for buying the plan will not be taxed as they are exempt as per the provisions of Section 80C
Regular pay - Rs.20, 000
5 Pay – Rs.50, 000
10 Pay – Rs.20, 000
Higher of 10 or 7 times the annual premium or 0.5/0.25*term*annual premium
Premium Payment Term
Equal to policy tenure or 5 or 10 years
Premium paying Frequency
Yearly or half-yearly
Applying for a Child Plan from the company:
The company offers specific plans which are available online only. The customer only needs to log into the company’s website, choose the required plan, choose the coverage and provide the details. The premium will be determined using the filled details. The customer then needs to pay the premium online through credit card, debit card or net banking facilities and the policy will be issued
Plans which are not available online can be purchased from agents, brokers, banks, etc. where the intermediaries help with the application process.
Applying For Child Plans through PolicyBazaar
- On the PolicyBazaar homepage, click on Child Plans under the Personal tab.
- Click New Quotes to compare and choose from top insurance providers.
- Fill your date of birth (DOB), whether you are a smoker/non-smoker, and the payout amount. On the basis of your payout amount, you will get an estimate of your premium. Next click Continue.
- Fill in your name, email address, city, country code, and mobile number. Click Continue.
- You will be taken to the Life Insurance quotes page where you will see life insurance quotes of more than 10 insurers. Next, choose the plan as per payment schedule – One Time Payout and Monthly Payout Plans.
- After reviewing and comparing each life insurance quote, click the premium amount to buy the desired plan.
- You will see a pop-up on the screen which will give you an overview of the chosen plan like premium, plan features, exclusions, additional riders, etc. Click Proceed.
- This will take you to the insurer’s website. Fill in the necessary details to buy the plan.
What makes a child plan unique?
The fact that the policyholder and the beneficiary are completely different entities, make the child plans unique insurance products. Here, quite literally the policy is purchased for someone else’s benefit. The policyholder is the parent who buys the policy for his/her child. While the child benefits greatly, the parent also stands to gain from a child plan. Let us take a look at the illustration below to understand this concept.
Hari has an ambitious daughter who wants to study abroad in the future. However, with limited finances and a mid-level job, Hari probably cannot sponsor his daughter’s course in a top American university. As a result, with over 10 years to go for his daughter to finish school, he buys a child plan and begins investing in it. At the end of 10 years, not only does he receive the sum assured that is enough to pay for the girl’s travel and college expenses, Hari doesn’t need to pay anything extra from his own pocket. So both he and his daughter gain immensely from the child plan.
Is it mandatory to buy a child plan?
While there is no law in our country that makes child plans compulsory for parents, it is only but logically sound for each and every parent in today’s day and age to buy a child plan. With soaring expenses and rising education costs, it is foolish not to secure the child’s future. Apart from paying for the child’s professional and personal expenses, a child plan also protects the child against unforeseen factors such as a parent’s death. If one or both of the earning parents die within the policy period, the child’s future continues to be safe. The funds continue to flow in but the premium of the plan is waived off. This is undoubtedly the biggest advantage of a child plan. Keeping this in mind, it becomes mandatory for every parent to buy a child plan.
Child plan is a simple traditional investment plan with a coverage kept in mind for a child. It can be taken on the life of a parent or even the child so long as the policy has been especially designed for the child’s bright future.
Kotak Life Child Plans - FAQ
1. How to pay a premium? What are the modes of payment available?
Kotak Mahindra Old Mutual Life insurance company Ltd. offers 12 modes of premium payment namely:
- Cash/ cheque payment at the branch
- Online Payment
- Payment at the Kotak bank ATM drop boxes
- Standing Instructions
- Direct Debit
- Payment thorough bill desk
- Electronic bill payment
- Postal money order
- Bank guarantee
For the online payment mode, the policyholder can pay via;
- Credit Card,
- Debit Card
- Net banking
2. How can I check policy status for Kotak Life child plans?
If you are a registered user, simply log into the e-Portal with your policy details to check the policy status.
3. What is the policy renewal process for Kotak Life child plans?
If you are a registered user, you can pay online in 3 easy step
Step 1: Logging into the e-Portal with your policy details to check the policy status.
Step 2: Select the policy and payment option- Net Banking. Debit/Credit Card
Step 3: Pay via the secured gateway and print/save the recipt of payment.
In the offline mode, you deposit cash/cheque at the nearest branch.
4. What is the company’s process to settle claim for Kotak Life child plans?
The nominee can visit the branch personally with the policy document and accidental/death certificate. The nominee must fill a claim intimation form and then the company will provide a reference number to him. Usually within 30 days the accidental/death claim without investigation cases is cleared.
5. What is the policy cancellation process for Kotak Life child plans?
Submit your policy documents along with duly filled surrender form at the service desk in any of the branches. Upon successful proccedings, the refund will be credited directly into your bank account and the policy stands cancelled. The comoany claims to setlle it within 7 working days.
- Aegon Life Child Plans
- Aviva Child Plans
- Bajaj Allianz Child Plans
- Bharti AXA Life Child Plans
- Birla Sun Life Child Plans
- Canara HSBC Child Plans
- DHFL Pramerica Child Plans
- Edelweiss Tokio Life Child Plans
- Exide Life Child Plans
- Future Generali Child Plans
- HDFC Life Child Plans
- ICICI Prudential Child Plans
- IDBI Federal Child Plans
- IndiaFirst Child Plans
- LIC Child Plans
- Max Life Child Plans
- PNB MetLife Child Plans
- Reliance Life Child Plans
- Sahara Life Child Plans
- SBI Life Child Plans
- Shriram Life Child Plans
- Star Union Child Plans
- Tata AIA Child Plans
- 5 Benefits of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana for Girl Child by the Govt of India
- Top 3 Pocket-friendly Child Insurance Plans to Secure Child’s Future
- How Much Child Insurance You Need?
- A Guide to the Features and Benefits of LIC Komal Jeevan Life Insurance Policy (Table: 159)
- All You Need To Know About Jeevan Ankur - LIC's Best Child Benefit Plan
- An Overview of LIC’s Jeevan Kishore Insurance Policy (Table no. 102)
Kotak Life Child Plans Reviews
Future Saving Plan
Kotak life insurance provides me the best child plan in low premiums. Service of the term is great and claiming become easy and so simple. Policy coverage and claims are high and investments are less. Good future security which comes with amy benefits.
My child insurance plan is good and it has low premiums which is very nice. The policy cover maximum expenditures for my child's future. Claims are high and easily sanctioned due to quick service provided by the company members.
I bought child insurance plan for my child. The insurance policy has very low premiums. Policy coverage is good and claims are high. Service is fantastic, web service is also easy to access. It reduces paperwork. Hassle free documentations.
The kotak life child plan i have is not that good. Policy coverage is 69% and claims are normal. Service is not fast and waiting is usual. Premiums are high. I must say poor child policy plan. Not Satisfied.
Superb child policy plan which provided by kotak life child plan. The policy coverage is 86% and the claims are ~Rs.34 L. The investment is ~Rs.16 K trice per year till policy end. Services are great and fast too.
My child policy plan is very good and the insurer is kotak mahindra life insurance. The policy has many benefits like good investments for future and it save taxes also. Policy coverage is 86% and the claims are around 30 L after policy ends.
I have child policy plan which i buy from kotak mahindra life insurance. The policy is above average plan. Policy coverage is fine 86% and the claims are minimum 23 L before policy mature. The investments is 32 K per year. Services provided by you guys is fantastic and on time till now. Great future investment and tax saving too.
The kotak life child plan is providing me great services. The policy coverage is 82% and the policy claims are easily get due to executives and staff members which do good work. But the services are very slow. Please modify your services.
Policy For My Child
I have child policy plan for my children from kotak mahindra life insurance. The policy coverage is 88% and the claims is approx. 32 L before policy maturation. The premiums is low ~Rs.60 K per year for both of them. The services is fast and always on time. Executives and staff members behave well.
Policy Plan which i took is kotak life child plan. Policy coverage and claims are high and the claiming procedure is easy no paper works, every thing is done by home. Great future investment and tax saver too. The behaviour of the executives and staff members are really very nice.
I have kotak life child plan which is awesome. The policy coverage is good ~89% and the claims are good ~Rs.38 L. The premiums are Rs.24 K quarterly and the returns are high with good interest. Good investment for future and the taxes are also minimize.
The child policy plan i own from kotak mahindra life insurance is the best among all. The policy coverage is 91% and the claims are high. The Premiums are low ~23 K twice per year and the payback returns are very high, claiming procedure is easy and simple, no paper work issue. Nice future investment.
Nice Child Plan
My child's future is secure because i buy kotak life child plan for him. The policy coverage is high and premium is low. The claims sanctioned easily due to fast service. The behaviour of the executives and staff members are very nice. Nice policy.
The child policy plan i have from kotak mahindra life insurance is the great policy which provide the awesome benefits with low premiums. The service is fast and even the web services are good. The policy coverage is high and the claims are easily sanctioned due to executives facilitate and provides the service every time.
My child policy plan is with kotak mahindra life insurance. The policy plan is very well managed, Policy coverage is 86% and the claiming is easy because of fast service. The web services you provides is also nice. Great future investment which save taxes.
My child policy plan for my child is great which i bought from kotak mahindra life insurance. The premiums are low and the paybacks are high. The policy coverage and claims are high ~87%, Rs.37 L. Service is quick and the work is done in just blink of an eye. Always on time till now. Good investments and the policy save taxes also.
Okay Policy Plan
Policy coverage is high ~77% and the policy claims are high. Premiums are low approx. 22 L quarterly payed. Nice child policy plan which is good investment for future and it save taxes also. Service is very good which facilitate by the executives and staff members.
Perfect child policy plan which i buy from kotak mahindra life insurance. Policy coverage is 82% and the premiums are low ~19 K thrice a year. The claims are high around 39 L after policy ends. The claiming process is easily done due to fast service provided by the executives and staff members.
I purchase kotak life child plan. The policy coverage and the claims are good with low premiums. Service you provided is very quick and the behaviour of the executives and staff members is nice. Good future investment and it reduces taxes also. I'm tension free for upcoming time because i insured my child future.
I buy kotak life child plan for my child. This policy is good investment for future which save taxes also. Good work whole team, you provides high policy coverage approx. 90 % and the claims are around 36 L. Service is fast as the claiming process is also quick.
The best child policy plan i bought from kotak mahindra life insurance and the policy plan is awesome. The policy coverage is 85% and the claims are 33 L after policy get mature. The investment is low and the returns are high. Good future plan with tax protection.
I buy kotak life child plan which has very good policy coverage ~ 89%. The service is also good and fast. The claims are high approx. 31 L and claiming process is easy because the executive and staff members providing good response and quick services.
The child policy plan is good and the services provided by the kotak mahindra life insurance is nice. The policy coverage is 85% and the claiming amount is 33 L which is sanctioned after 27 years. The investments is 21 K twice a year. The service is fast and the behaviour of staff members is very calm.
Review for Kotak Mahindra Child Plans
I would like to give 5 star to kotak mahindra child plan because of their very good plan features and claim ration. I have two kids and insured both of them. Every mother should have child plans, I think you should read http://www.policybazaar.com/life-insurance/child-plans/articles/10-best-tips-to-buy-child-plans/ , i read this and finally bought child plan . All the best.