Max Life Child Plans
Child insurance plan is a traditional life insurance plan wherein the child is insured in this plan and the parent pays the premium so that the maturity benefit is given to the child to fulfil the parent’s dream about the child’s future educational expenses.
Child plans can also be Unit Linked Insurance Plans as well as traditional plans. More often than not, children plans can be taken after you have a child and not before. It thus especially focuses to the need of a parent for the future of the child and not for others.
*All savings are provided by the insurer as per the IRDAI approved insurance plan. Standard T&C Apply
Why Child Plan?
If you want to know why you need a child plan, well the answer can be long and detailed. But to put it in a simple way, let’s just say that as an intelligent and modern parent, you need to secure your child’s future. And when the mode to secure is served to you on a platter, why would you not want it? The child plans available today literally come to you as a boon and help you in planning your child’s future in a systematic and smooth manner.
Thus a child’s life as well as a parent’s mental peace is secured at the same time with a child plan. Thus it makes sense for each and every parent to start planning for his child’s future and start saving and also investing for the same.
Max Life Insurance Company Limited is a joint venture between Max India Limited, a leading multi-business corporate and Mitsui Suimoto Insurance Company Limited which is member of MS & AD Insurance Group, a leader in the general insurance sector across the world. The rich experience of both the companies has made Max Life one of the leaders in the Indian Insurance Industry. As in the year 2013 – 14, Max Life Insurance Company Limited has been ranked among the life insurers in India with a market share of 10.30%. The company is counted amongst the fastest growing life insurance businesses with the Gross Written Premium of Rs.7279 crores and declaring a shareholder’s profit of Rs.436 crores post taxation. The company offers a range of products which meet the need of every individual.
Max Life Child Plans
Max Life Insurance Company currently offers a single type of child education plan to its customers. Let us consider the plan which the company has in its kitty and what it offers in terms of benefits:
Max Life Shiksha Plus Super
Is a unit linked child plan designed to provide market related returns to boost wealth creation for the child’s future and also life insurance protection for coverage purposes. The plan’s benefit structure is detailed below:
- The plan can be taken by individuals who have a child aged 0 to 18 years.
- Premiums under the plan can be paid for a limited tenure under the Limited pay option or for the entire duration of the plan under the Regular Pay Option of premium payment.
- The premium net of the applicable charges can be invested by the policyholder himself among a choice of 5 fund options of can be chosen to be invested as per two different pre-defined strategies of Systematic Transfer Plan and Dynamic Fund Allocation.
- Under the Systematic Transfer Plan option, the concept of rupee cost averaging is used and the net premium is initially invested in the Secure Plus Fund and thereafter every month, a proportion of the premium is transferred to the Growth Plus Fund
- Under the Dynamic Fund Allocation option, the premium is invested initially in the Growth Super Fund and thereafter, as the plan approaches maturity, the funds are transferred to the Secure Fund to prevent the fund against market volatility. A specified ratio of the fund is maintained in both the fund options and the ratio changes as the plan progresses.
- If the policyholder choose to make the investment decisions himself, the company offers him a choice of 5 funds to choose from which are Growth Super Fund, Growth Fund, Balanced Fund, Conservative Fund and Secure Fund
- Guaranteed Loyalty Additions @0.20% of the Fund Value is added to the fund value from the 11th policy year. This ratio increases by 0.02% every year.
- On maturity of the plan, the Fund Value is paid to the policyholder which he can choose to take at once or in 5 instalments over a course of 5 years after maturity through Settlement Option
- In case of the insured dying, higher of the Fund Value or 105% of premiums paid till the date of death or (0.5*annual premium*term) is paid to the nominee
- The plan has a unique feature of Family Income Benefit under which, after the death of the insured during the tenure of the plan, 10% of the chosen Sum Assured is paid every year till the end of the plan tenure subject to a minimum of 3 payments and a maximum of 10 payments.
- Under another benefit called the Funding of Future Premiums, in case of death of the insured during the tenure of the plan, the company waives off the premiums and pays it towards the plan itself. On maturity of the plan, the applicable fund value is payable
- Two free partial withdrawals are allowed every year after 5 policy years with a minimum value of Rs.5000
- 12 free switches are allowed every year to change between funds
- 6 free premium redirections are allowed every year to redirect future premium into another fund than which was originally selected.
Applying for a Child Plan from the company:
The company offers specific plans which are available online only. The customer only needs to log into the company’s website, choose the required plan, choose the coverage and provide the details. The premium will be determined using the filled details. The customer then needs to pay the premium online through credit card, debit card or net banking facilities and the policy will be issued
Plans which are not available online can be purchased from agents, brokers, banks, etc. where the intermediaries help with the application process.
Applying For Child Plans through PolicyBazaar
- On the PolicyBazaar homepage, click on Child Plans under the Personal tab.
- Click New Quotes to compare
- Fill your date of birth (DOB), whether you are a smoker/non-smoker, and the payout amount. On the basis of your payout amount, you will get an estimate of your premium. Next click Continue.
- Fill in your name, email address, city, country code, and mobile number. Click Continue.
- You will be taken to the Life Insurance quotes page where you will see life insurance quotes of more than 10 insurers. Next, choose the plan as per payment schedule – One Time Payout and Monthly Payout Plans.
- After reviewing and comparing each life insurance quote, click the premium amount to buy the desired plan.
- You will see a pop-up on the screen which will give you an overview of the chosen plan like premium, plan features, exclusions, additional riders, etc. Click Proceed.
- This will take you to the insurer’s website. Fill in the necessary details to buy the plan.
Max Life Child Plans - FAQ
Ans: The Max Life Insurance company Ltd. offers 6 modes of premium payment namely:
- Online Payment
- Credit card Instructions
- Direct Debit
- Payment at Axis Bank Branch
- Payment at Axis Bank ATM
- Your bank branch
- Sky pack Drop boxes
For the online payment mode, the policyholder can pay via;
- Credit Card,
- Debit Card
- Net banking
Ans: Registered users can check policy status online. Login with your username and password on the LOGIN tab give on the company’s home page
Ans: For policy renewal online follow these 3 easy steps
Step1: Enter your Client ID and Date of Birth to login into e-portal
Step2: Enter the policy details and payment method (Debit/Credit Card or Net Banking)
Step3: Save/print premium deposit receipt on successful payment intimation
Alterantively, you can pay via cash/cheque at any of the nearest branch.
Ans: For claim settlement the nominee can visit the nearest branch with all the policy documents and the revlant claims form. The claims are settled within 10 working days from collection of all necessary documents for claim settlement.
Ans: For cancellation you need to visit the nearest branch in person with policy documents and surrender form. Upon successful proceedings, the refund will be directly apid in your bank account.