Bharti AXA Life Child Plans
Bharti AXA Life Insurance is a joint venture between Bharti Enterprises which is the Indian counterpart and AXA Group, the foreign counterpart. Bharti Enterprises is one of the leading companies engaged in telecom, agricultural businesses, financial services and retail. The insurance company was launched in December 2006 and since then the company has come a long way and has a dedicated work force providing efficient solutions and advice and also meets the life insurance needs of the population through products designed with exclusive features and benefits. Bharti AXA Life Insurance Company offers its customers a wide range of plans in different categories to meet their requirements. Whether the requirement is for protection or for savings or for retirement, the company has a solution for every need
What are Child Plans?
Child plans are plans offered by the company for the welfare of the policyholder’s child even when the individual is not there. The plans designed for the child generally do not cover the child’s life. The life covered is of the parent with a minor child. Underwriting is done on the parent’s life while the child’s details are given in the policy
Some common aspects of the plan include:
- There is a ‘deferment period’ in some child plans. Deferment means delay of coverage and is applied if the child’s life is insured. Under the clause, risk coverage will commence after the completion of some years. If the child dies during this period, the aggregate premiums paid till death is returned since life cover is not available during that period.
- If the child is insured, he will become the policyholder when he attains 18 years. The process of reverting the ownership to the child is called Vesting
- If the parent is insured and he dies, there will be no requirement of paying future premiums because they will be provided by the insurance company as per the provisions of the inbuilt waiver of premium benefit
Bharti AXA Life Child Plans
Bharti AXA Life Insurance Company offers child plan which is packed with great benefits to provide complete protection for the future of the child. Let us understand the plan in details:
Bharti AXA Life Child Advantage Plan
It’s a traditional child plan which participates in the profits of the company by way of earning bonuses and promises guaranteed returns. The important aspects of this plan are mentioned hereunder:
- The premiums under the plan can be paid for the entire plan duration under the Regular Pay option of for a limited tenure under the Limited Pay option of premium payment.
- There are two types of Maturity Benefit options to choose from. One is the Endowment Benefit and the other is the Money Back Benefit
- Under the Endowment Option, 125% of Sum Assured and accrued simple reversionary bonuses with any Terminal Bonus is paid on maturity
- Under the Money Back Option, Guaranteed Payouts are paid every year starting from the last 5 policy years. 10% of Sum Assured in the last 5th and 4th years, 15% of Sum Assured in the last 3rd and 2nd years and 20% of the Sum Assured in the last year before maturity. On maturity, 40% of Sum Assured and accrued simple reversionary bonuses and any Terminal Bonus are paid
- In the event of death the death benefit will be higher of Sum Assured payable on maturity or 11 times the premium or the basic Sum Assured or 105% of total premiums paid till the policyholder died
- The Sum Assured on maturity is defined as 125% of the Sum Assured id the Endowment Option is chosen or 110% of the Sum Assured if the Money Back Option is chosen.
- There is an inbuilt Premium Waiver Rider under which all future premiums are waived off on death of the insured and the plan continues unaffected. The promised benefits also accrue as and when they fall due.
- Bharti AXA Hospi Cash Rider and Bharti AXA Accidental Benefit Rider can be addedto the plan for a more comprehensive coverage.
- The premiums which are paid for the plan will be eligible for tax exemption under Section 80C and any claim received will be eligible for exemption under Section 10(10D)
Regular pay - 50 years
Limited pay – 55 years
Regular pay – 71 years
Limited pay – 76 years
Annual Premium Amount
Depends on the cover, age, term and PPT
Premium Payment Term
Equal to plan term or (Term – 5 years)
Premium Payment Frequency
Yearly, half-yearly, quarterly or monthly
Applying for a Child Plan from the company:
The company offers specific plans which are available online only. The customer only needs to log into the company’s website, choose the required plan, choose the coverage and provide the details. The premium will be determined using the filled details. The customer then needs to pay the premium online through credit card, debit card or net banking facilities and the policy will be issued
Plans which are not available online can be purchased from agents, brokers, banks, etc. where the intermediaries help with the application process.
Applying For ChildPlansthrough PolicyBazaar
- On the PolicyBazaar homepage, click on ChildPlans under the Personal tab.
- Click New Quotes to compare and choose from top insurance providers.
- Fill your date of birth (DOB), whether you are a smoker/non-smoker, and the payout amount. On the basis of your payout amount, you will get an estimate of your premium. Next click Continue.
- Fill in your name, email address, city, country code, and mobile number. Click Continue.
- You will be taken to the Life Insurance quotes page where you will see life insurance quotes of more than 10 insurers. Next, choose the plan as per payment schedule–One Time Payout and Monthly Payout Plans.
- After reviewing and comparing each life insurance quote, click the premium amount to buy the desired plan.
- You will see a pop-up on the screen which will give you an overview of the chosen plan like premium, plan features, exclusions, additional riders, etc. Click Proceed.
- This will take you to the insurer’s website. Fill in the necessary details to buy the plan.
Why buying a child plan is important?
Planning for your child’s future if you have a child is a very important aspect of your future planning. All your other requirements can come later but planning for the child should feature in the top spot in your list of priorities. A child plan takes care of this planning and is the complete solution for planning your child’s future. Essentially, this type of insurance plan, like a term insurance plan, should be taken for a longer tenure. Your child would require finance in the later stages of his life when he seeks admission in a good college and again when he wants to pursue a specialized post-graduate education. Even planning for your child’s marriage would require substantial funds. So buying a plan with a longer tenure makes sense.
The majority of the population belongs to the average middle-class income group and as such, the huge financial corpus required to secure your child’s bright future is not possible to be funded without any proper financial planning. A child plan helps in this objective by saving for the child’s future. When taken for a longer tenure, the plan involves paying a small premium every year which goes towards building a substantial corpus. On maturity, the resultant fund is sufficient enough to provide for such huge expenses which would require a lump sum amount. Even if the parent dies, the fund creation does not go to waste because of the inbuilt rider clause. The company keeps on crediting the required premium in the policy and the planned fund at the end of the plan tenure comes out to be the same which was originally planned. This is perhaps the best feature of the child plan because in case of other investments, the savings stop when the investor dies and the investments remain at the stunted level. By promising continuity, the child plan helps in maintaining the corpus which the parent had initially planned for.
- Aditya Birla Sun Life Child Plans
- Aegon Life Child Plans
- Aviva Child Plans
- Bajaj Allianz Child Plans
- Canara HSBC Child Plans
- Edelweiss Tokio Life Child Plans
- Exide Life Child Plans
- Future Generali Child Plans
- HDFC Life Child Plans
- ICICI Prudential Child Plans
- IDBI Federal Child Plans
- IndiaFirst Child Plans
- Kotak Life Child Plans
- Max Life Child Plans
- PNB MetLife Child Plans
- Pramerica Life Child Plans
- Reliance Life Child Plans
- Sahara Life Child Plans
- SBI Life Child Plans
- Shriram Life Child Plans
- Star Union Child Plans
- Tata AIA Child Plans
- Savings Calculator
- Income Tax Calculator
- Human Life Value Calculator
- Pension Calculator
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator
- Travel Insurance Calculator