Tata AIA Child Plans
Tata AIA Life Insurance Company is a joint venture between Tata Sons Limited who owns the majority of the stake-holding in the company at 74% and AIA Group Limited who have the remaining holding of 26%. While on one hand Tata is a leading group in the country specializing in multiple business ventures, on the other hand AIA boasts of being the largest listed pan-Asian life insurance group which has a presence in over 17 markets in the Asia Pacific region. The expreince and efficiency of both these companies have established Tata AIA Life Insurance Company in the insurance sector of the country. Today, the company offers a multitude of products to its customers to meet their insurance requirements. The range of products offered by Tata AIA Life Insurance Company include Protection plans in the form of term plans, Child Plans, Savings and Investment Plans which are available in both conventional or ULIPs form and pension plans. With a wide range of products, the company strives to meet every individual’s insurance related requirement at a single source.
What are Child Plans?
Child plans are insurance plans offered by insurers to provide for the welfare of an individual’s child even if the individual is not around. A child plan is developed on the concept of providing financial support to the family for the child’s future if the parents meet with an unfortunate death. Insurance plans designed for the child do not usually insure the child. The life insured under these plans are the parent who has a minor child to provide for. The underwriting is done on the life of the parent and the details of the child are to be provided in the policy.
Child plans have some common features which are given below:
- There is a concept of ‘deferment’ in some of the child plans. Deferment means postponement and is usually applied if the child is the person insured. Under the deferment clause, the risk coverage under the plan starts after the expiry of a couple of years. In case the child dies during the deferment period, the premiums paid till the date of death are returned because the life cover is not applicable during that period.
- Another concept is ‘Vesting’ which means the age of the child when the policy vests in the name of the child and he becomes the policyholder. The Vesting age is usually 18 years when the child attains majority and becomes the policyholder of the plan.
- There is an inbuilt Waiver of Premium Rider in most of the child plans. The rider states that if the parent who is the policyholder and life insured under the plan dies during the tenure of the plan, all future premiums payable under the plan will be waived and paid for by the company. The plan will continue unaffected and the benefits as promised under the plan will accrue as and when they fall due.
Why Child Plans?
Child Insurance plans have become very important because they specifically provide for one’s child’s future even in one’s absence. The inbuilt premium waiver rider ensures that the plan continues even after the parent’s death and the benefits accrue and when they are payable so that the benefits can be utilized for the purpose for which it was initially planned, i.e. for the child’s future. For example, an individual with a child currently aged 5 years buys a 20 year child plan which promises money backs at the 15th, 17th and 20th policy anniversary. The policyholder has planned the money back periods to coincide with the child’s educational milestones and would receive the funds when the child reaches 20 years, 22 years and 25 years. The funds will be utilized to take care of the child’s higher education. If the insured dies, the plan will not be terminated. Future premiums will be paid by the company and the money-backs will be paid as and when promised. Thus, the money will be utilized only for the child’s education which was the actual rationale for buying the plan.
TATA AIA Child Plans
Tata AIA Life Insurance Company offers one type of child insurance plan called the Super Achiever Plan which is a unit linked insurance plan offered by the company. Let us take a detailed look at this child education plan along with its features and benefits:
TATA AIA Life Insurance Super Achiever Plan
A unit linked child insurance plan which provides for the financial security of the child’s future even in the absence of the parent. The features and benefits of the plan are as follows:
- The premiums under the plan are supposed to be paid for a limited tenure only
- The premiums paid net of charges are invested as per three investment strategies. The policyholder may either choose to manage the investments himself or leave the management to the company under two strategies of Enhanced Automatic Asset Allocation Plus (EAAAP) or Protect Returns Of Funds Increased over Time (PROFIT).
- For the self-managed strategy, there are 8 fund options to choose from namely – Multi Cap Fund, India Consumption Fund, Large Cap Equity Fund, Whole Life Mid Cap Equity Fund, Whole Life Aggressive Growth Fund, Whole Life Stable Growth Fund, Whole Life Income Fund and Whole Life Short-Term Fixed Income Fund
- Under the EAAAP strategy, the net premium is invested in a specified ratio in the Large Cap Equity Fund and Whole Life Income Fund with a higher proportion in the Large Cap Equity Fund. The ratio changes over time and with the date of maturity approaching, the proportion of investment increases in the Whole Life Income Fund to protect the fund from market volatility. The funds rebalance themselves as per the relevant ratio every quarter
- Under the PROFIT Strategy, net premiums are invested in the Equity Fund and the returns in the fund act as a trigger whereby the profits are booked into a low risk debt fund to protect them against market volatility
- On maturity, the Fund Value is payable which can be availed in lump sum or taken in instalments over a period of 5 years through the Settlement Option feature
- Guaranteed Maturity Additions are added to the fund value on maturity @5% of the fund value
- In case of death of the insured during the plan tenure, higher of the Sum Assured including top-up Sum Assured or 105% of all premiums paid including top-up premiums paid is paid immediately on death of the insured. Furthermore, all future premiums are waived off and are paid for by the company as and when they accrue and on maturity, the Fund Value is paid.
- Four free Partial withdrawals can be made after 5 completed policy years at a minimum of Rs.5000
- Top-ups can be done to increase the Sum Assured and the Fund Value with a minimum amount of Rs.5000
- 12annual free switching is available and also is the feature of premium redirection to redirect future premiums to a new fund than the actual chosen one
- Income tax benefit on the premium paid as per Section 80C and on claims under Section 10(10D) of the Income Tax Act.
Life Insured – 25 years
Child – 30 days
Life Insured – 50 years
Child – 17 years
10 times the annual premium
Premium Payment Term
Premium Paying Frequency
Yearly, half-yearly or monthly
Applying for a Child Plan from the company:
The company offers specific plans which are available online only. The customer only needs to log into the company’s website, choose the required plan, choose the coverage and provide the details. The premium will be determined using the filled details. The customer then needs to pay the premium online through credit card, debit card or net banking facilities and the policy will be issued
Plans which are not available online can be purchased from agents, brokers, banks, etc. where the intermediaries help with the application process.
Applying For Child Plans through PolicyBazaar
- On the PolicyBazaar homepage, click on Child Plans under the Personal tab.
- Click New Quotes to compare and choose from top insurance providers.
- Fill your date of birth (DOB), whether you are a smoker/non-smoker, and the payout amount. On the basis of your payout amount, you will get an estimate of your premium. Next click Continue.
- Fill in your name, email address, city, country code, and mobile number. Click Continue.
- You will be taken to the Life Insurance quotes page where you will see life insurance quotes of more than 10 insurers. Next, choose the plan as per payment schedule – One Time Payout and Monthly Payout Plans.
- After reviewing and comparing each life insurance quote, click the premium amount to buy the desired plan.
- You will see a pop-up on the screen which will give you an overview of the chosen plan like premium, plan features, exclusions, additional riders, etc. Click Proceed.
This will take you to the insurer’s website. Fill in the necessary details to buy the plan.
Tata AIA Child Plans - FAQ
1. How to pay premium? What are the modes of payment available?
TATA AIA life Insurance offers 5 modes of premium payment namely;
- Online Payment
- Auto debit
- Cash/Cheque collection center
- Payment Collection Center.
For online payment mode, the policyholder can pay via;
- NEFT transfer
- Activating auto debit facility in the bank account
- Quick pay via ICICI portal
- Internet Mobile Payment Service
Alternatively, the policyholder can pay in cash or drop cheque at any of the payment collection centers or dropboxes mentioned on the TATA AIA website.
2. How can I check policy status for Tata AIA Child Plans?
If you are a registered user, directly log into TATA AIA website with relevant username and password. You would be directed to the homepage of your policy account. Now simply click the tab “Check Policy Details” to check the status of your policy and other relevant details. For new policyholders they must register on the website and proceed with the same steps.
3. What is the policy renewal process for Tata AIA Child Plans?
TATA AIA offers the policyholders a chance to renew their policy online. Simply log into the portal and follow the link that leads to secured payment process. You can renew your policy by using debit, credit card, or net banking option.Opt for Auto Renewal, when you initially sign up for the policy to save efforts and time. If you did not then you can do now by contacting customer helpdesk at the same toll free number.
4. What is the company’s process to settle claim for Tata AIA Child Plans?
Company offers a transparent claim process. The policyholder can register claims by submitting their request at the customer care helpdesk or via an SMS. Upon receiving complete documents, the claim is settled within 7 working days. There are dedicated offices at certain locations to directly file the claims.
5. What is the policy cancellation process for Tata AIA Child Plans?
The policyholders must attach the relevant policy documents along with a filled surrender form at any of the branch locations in their city. Upon receiving the correct documents, the deposited amount is credited into the policyholder’s bank account as per the company’s records, and the policy is cancelled.
- LIC Child Plans
- Reliance Life Child Plans
- SBI Life Child Plans
- Kotak Life Child Plans
- PNB MetLife Child Plans
- DHFL Pramerica Child Plans
- IndiaFirst Child Plans
- Edelweiss Tokio Life Child Plans
- Star Union Child Plans
- Aegon Life Child Plans
- Canara HSBC Child Plans
- IDBI Federal Child Plans
- Future Generali Child Plans
- Bharti AXA Life Child Plans
- Shriram Life Child Plans
- Sahara Life Child Plans
- Aviva Child Plans
- Max Life Child Plans
- Exide Life Child Plans
- ICICI Prudential Child Plans
- HDFC Life Child Plans
- Birla Sun Life Child Plans
- Bajaj Allianz Child Plans
- 5 Things to look for While Buying a Child Insurance Plan
- Is Having a Child Insurance Plan Really Worth the Cost?
- Top 10 child Plans to invest in 2017
- 5 Benefits of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana for Girl Child by the Govt of India
- Top 3 Pocket-friendly Child Insurance Plans to Secure Child’s Future
- How Much Child Insurance You Need?
Tata AIA Child Plans Reviews
TATA AIA Insurance Company.
TATA AIA life insurance company provides wide range of insurance plans. I took child insurance policy from them in low investment. The coverage is high approx. 90% and the premium is less. Services facilitated by the executives and staff members is fast and on time.
My father gave me child insurance policy which he purchase's from tata aia life insurance. The policy is great and it has very flexible terms and conditions. Premium of the insurance plan is low and claims are high.
The child insurance i purchase for my child is very nice and service provided by tata aia life insurance is fantastic. Good coverage for the future of the child and maximum expenditure spend by the plan. Claims are easy to sanctioned because of fast service given by the staff members.
Child insurance plan in less premiums which facilitate all the benefits. Policy coverage is high it covers maximum expenditures. Claiming is easy part due to fast service provided by the company. Online service provides easy renewals.
The child insurance plan i purchase for my grandson is good. Service is okay and manageable. Policy coverage and claims are fantastic. Internet site service is simple everybody use is easily. I'm now tension free for my grandson's future.
I have tata aia child plan. The policy coverage is high ~92% and the claims are even better. Services provided by the executives and the staff member of the company is great and very responsive at anytime. The policy premium is low. Good future investment plan which save my taxes. Great work guys.
I have tata aia child insurance policy. Policy coverage is good 87% and the claims are easily sanctioned. Premiums are low 12 K quarterly. The payback return is around 34 L after policy get mature. The service is fast and on time. Nice future investment with tax saving. I like it.
I got tata aia child plan which provides good services and even the policy premiums are low approx. Rs.14 k thrice Per year for 19 years. The paybacks are high with good interest and the response is always i get from your company members. Great future investment.
The policy i have is tata aia child plan. The policy premium is low and the payback returns are very high. The policy coverage is high ~90% and the claims are good. Service are good and great experience with your executives and staff members. I like the policy plan.
I purchase tata aia child plan is very okay. The policy coverage is 69%. The claims are okay and the premiums are normal. The claiming is easily sanctioned because service facilitate by executives and staff members. The best thing is it save taxes.
My tata aia child insurance plan is fantastic which provide several benefits with low premiums. The service is fast with good responses from staff members. The claims are high and the policy coverage is 86%. Good future investment with tax saving. Good Job.
The best child policy i bought from tata aia life insurance and the plan is awesome. The policy coverage is 89% and the claims are 33 L after policy get mature. The investment is low and the returns are high. Good future plan with tax protection. Service you provided is very quick and on time till now. Good behaviour seen by executives and staff members.
I own tata aia child plan which is an average one. The service is bit slow and the policy coverage is approx. 72%. The claims are okay but the claiming process is bit lengthy. Executives and staff members are doing great work with good response. Okay policy and good for tax saving. Satisfactory.
My child's future is secure because i buy tata aia child plan. The policy coverage is high ~91% and premium is low. The claims sanctioned easily due to fast service. The behaviour of the executives and staff members are very nice. Good future investment plan.
I own tata aia child insurance plan. Service is very quick with good response by members of the company. Policy coverage is high 82% with high claiming amount which is easily sanctioned. Nice future investment with good tax saver also. Good behaviour from executives side.
Fantastic Child Plan
I got tata aia child plan for my children. The policy coverage is 90% and the policy claims are good. The service till now is really very awesome with on time consistency. The problems and queries are managed by executives and they doing very good job with good response. Very good future investments. The returning amount is 35 L for each of them after policy maturation.
I have Child insurance policy plan with tata aia life insurance. My policy provides nice services with good policy coverage and the claims are high too. The Paybacks is around 33 L. Executives and staff members are providing good service with nice behaviour. Nice future investment and it save my tax too.
My child policy plan is very good and the insurer is tata aia life insurance. The policy has many benefits like good investments for future and it save taxes also. Policy coverage is 84% and the claims are around 39 L after policy ends. Fair Terms and conditions. Service is fast with good response. Good Work.
The policy i have is tata aia child plan. I buy this for my child because the premium is low and the policy coverage is high approx. 89% with good claims. The service is fast and on time, nice job done by executives and staff members. I like this future investment which save tax too.
Happy With Services
The tata aia child policy plan i own which is very nice plan and provide me the great benefits with low premiums. The service is fast and even the web services are good. The policy coverage is high and the claims are easily sanctioned due to executives facilitate and provides the service very well each time. Good future investment.
I have tata aia child plan which is trustable and the benefits are many with great returns. The policy coverage is good around 83% and the claims are high. The service is fast and always on time till now. The plan is good for future investment and the interests are high, even it saves taxes also. Nice behaviour of executives and staff members.
My tata aia child plan is good. The policy coverage is 86% and the policy claims are high with low policy premiums. Service facilitate by executive is very comfortable and fast too. Good future investment and the policy save my taxes too. I like the policy.
Policy coverage is high ~89% and the policy claims are even better. Premiums are low approx. 17 k quarterly per year. Nice child policy plan which i buy from tata aia life insurance, is good investment for future and it save taxes also. Service is very good which facilitate by the executives and staff members. Nice future investment which saves taxes too.
I purchase tata aia child plan. The policy coverage and the claims are good with low premiums. Service you provided is very quick and the behaviour of the executives and staff members is great. Good future investment and it reduces taxes also. Good behaviour by executives and staff members.
Finally found a good policy for my child. The tata aia child plan is good with good benefits. The policy coverage is high and the premiums are low. The service provided by you guys is superb and the behaviour of your staff is great with good response. Nice future investment which save tax.