LIC becomes a market leader by taking over 80% of the market share in Pension and Group Segment
Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) achieved a milestone by collecting a huge premium of Rs 39143 crore through its pension and group segment, as on February 28, 2014.
The company boasts of its market share in group segment which is a decent 84%. Also the fact that collected premium is 5 times the total collected premium of 23 private players adds to the company's achievement.
The social security scheme of the Government of India, Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana, reveals its accomplishment of covering 10 million new lives. Out of Rs 39143 crores gathered, Rs 21500 crore was secured through Superannuation Schemes and Rs 9300 crore was obtained from Gratuity schemes.
Pension and Group segment reported growth rate of 50% in new business premium, 20% of that in number of lives and 39 million people were covered under several schemes.
- Most Read
- How to Become a Crorepati by Investing Right
Date: 07 December 2017
- Term Insurance with More Than 100 Years of Coverage
Date: 14 November 2017
- All About Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana
Date: 13 November 2017
- Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana – Features, Benefits and Eligibility
Date: 25 October 2017
- 5 Mistakes You Must Avoid While Planning Retirement
Date: 24 October 2017
- Best 5 LIC Policies To Invest in 2017
Views : 1131797
- How to Check LIC Policy Status, Details, Statement via Online/SMS/Call
Views : 1117337
- A Quick Guide To Post Office Monthly Income Scheme
Views : 434881
- Best Term Insurance Plans in India with Claim Settlement Ratio
Views : 426917
- National Pension Scheme (NPS) – Govt Approved Pension Scheme
Views : 304542