Income Tax has become a part and parcel of our lives and this is the reason we now bank on it for all our daily requirements as well as other financial transactions. One of the most important reasons is that we can deal with all the issues such as integrity, atomicity, authenticity and several others easily.
Consequently, one can buy things online, purchase policies and can also go for online money transactions. On the top of this now you can easily file Income tax returns online and can also track the status of your Income Tax Refund. This allows the Taxpayers to view the status of their refund within 10 days of applying for the refund. All you need to do is to type in your Permanent Account Number (PAN) and pick the year of your Assessment.
You need to complete the online filing of Income Tax Refund . It is advised to e-file your returns this year as this helps you to process your Tax Refund faster. Here we will discuss the process of checking the status of Income Tax Returns in case you have not received the refund of the Income Tax Returns that you filed this year.
There can be several reasons responsible why you have been unable to receive the refund till date. It might be possible that your Income Tax Return is not processed yet. You will certainly receive the refund if the department receives the filing of the returns.
In order to check your IT Return filing status online, you need to login into your e-Filing of the official Income Tax website and visit 'My Account' and from there go to 'My Returns/Forms'. Another case may be that your Income Tax Department might have processed your Income Tax Return but the Income Tax Department was unable to determine the refund.
Why You were Unable to Receive Your Returns?
One case might be that everything is done which means that the Income Tax Department has processed your returns and even the department also determined your refund, but still, you are unable to get your returns. This might happen if you were unable to reach the Cheque or ECS credit. There might be several reasons for this such as mentioning the wrong address, no availability at home or not mentioning the correct Bank Account number for ECS.
In order to find out whether the Refund has been sent to the Income Tax Department or not, you need to first login to the official website and go to 'My Account' and then go to 'My Returns/Forms'. From there you can check the status of your returns form.
It is possible in some cases that the status of your IT Return is 'Refund Returned'. How to apply for it again?
To apply for the IT return again you need to visit the official website of Income Tax e-Filing and from there visit 'My Account' and then move to 'Refund Re-issue request'. You need to choose the mode of getting the refund, be it ECS or Cheque, and provide the Bank Account number in case if changes and along with this make sure that you also give the details of your residential Address.
To change your Bank Account Number
In case you have opened a new Bank Account and wish to change your bank account number that you entered in your Income Tax Return. Failure in the refund might occur in case if the Bank account number was not entered correctly. In such cases, the IT Return gets generated but due to certain mishap you were unable to receive it. Moreover, the Bank Account Number can be easily changed.
To case you fail to get the refund you need to change the Bank Account Number
The first step is to open up the official website of Income Tax e-Filing and then login. Then you need to go to ‘My Account’ then you need to go to 'Refund re-issue request'. This gives you the leverage to select the mode of your payment, be it Cheque or ECS using which you would like to get the refund. Then you need to submit your Bank Account Number and also the address details. Thus, you need to submit the request. After you submit your request, your new Address gets updated in the records of Income Tax Department.
You won’t be able to get your refund in case you relocate to some other place.
In this case, you need to request to re-issue the funds to you new Address. A request can be only raised if you were unable to get a refund and the refund will be rolled back to the Income Tax Department. In such cases, you need to login to the e-filing website of the Income Tax department. Then you need to go to 'My Account' and from that tab go to 'Refund re-issue request'.
Choosing the preferred mode
Choose the mode using which you would prefer to receive the refund, which can be through Cheque or ECS. Make sure that you mention your new Bank Account Number (in case of any changes) as well as mention the new Address. Make sure to submit your request.
Once your request was accepted, your Bank account number will get updated in the records of the Income Tax Department. In case if you have changes you residence, therefore you need to change your Address/ Mobile Phone Number which is registered in your Income Tax Return.
- Firstly, Login to the e-Filing website of the Income Tax department and visit 'My Profile Settings → 'Update Contact details'.
- You need to type in your new email Address/ Mobile Number and then submit it.
- After submitting, you need to update your Address or e-mail ID or Mobile number in your profile and send it to the CPC (Central Processing Center) so as to update your Income Tax Return.
Steps to file Returns Online
- First of all, you need to first register or login (in case if you have already registered) on the home page of the website.
- When you will type in your PAN number, you will get to know if you have already registered or not. It can be possible that you might have filed your returns online before, so it might be possible that your registration already exists.
- Therefore, you need to first check your inbox for "www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov[dot]in" to seek any piece of useful information. If you have memorized your password, then login to the website. You must remember that your PAN number is your User ID.
- In case you have forgotten your password, then you have to Reset it. There are cases when we are unable to reset your password by the options they provide, so you can send the mail to validate@incometaxindia[dot]gov.in and fill in the required details mentioned below:
Name of the PAN Card Holder:
Date of Birth:
Registered PAN address:
Most Searched Topics
- Top 5 Best Mutual Fund Plans to Invest in India in 2017
- Section 80D Deduction for A.Y 2016-17
- Section 80C Deduction for A.Y 2016-17
- What is Form 16 & How To Download It
- Income Tax Exemptions for Salaried Employees
- Tax Benefits on a Health Insurance Policy
- Section 80D Mediclaim Income Tax Deduction for Individual
- Section 80D of ITA: Deductions for Medical Insurance and Preventive Health Checkups
- How to Check Income Tax Return Status Online?
- Income Tax Planning For Salaried Employees in India
- Income Tax Benefits in FY 2016-17 on Home Loan Interest
- Income Tax Deductions under Section 80D of Income Tax Act, 1961
- Advantages and Disadvantages of the Tax-Saving Fixed Deposits
- How to Pay Income Tax Online in India 2017
- How to Save Tax on Salary?
- Tax Exemption on Health Insurance under Section 80D
- Compute Your Income Tax through the Income Tax Calculator
- Section 80D Tax Deduction For Medical Insurance Premium And Mediclaim Reimbursement Allowance Under Section 10
- How to Save Tax with Health Insurance?
- Know about Mediclaim Deduction for the AY 2016-17 and Plan your Future with us at Policy Bazaar!
- Income Tax Filing For the Freelancers
- How to File Income Tax Return Using Form 16
- Understanding Salaried Income and Its Tax Computation
- An Insight into Section 80D Deductions for Health Insurance Premium and Checkups
- Systematic Investment Plan (SIP) - Features, Benefits & Process of SIP
- How to Send Your ITR-V to CPC Bangalore
- How to Check ITR-V Receipt Status?
- How to Make Corrections to TDS Returns?
- eFiling Income Tax
- What is TDS (Tax Deducted at Source)?
- Tax Benefits on Children's School Fees
- How To Save Income Tax on House Rent Allowance
- Income Tax Slabs Rates for Financial Year 2016-17
- Handling Income Tax Notices form IT- Department
- What is the Difference between AY and FY?
- How to file Income Tax Return Online in India?
- Tax Exemption on Insurance Premiums
- Learning to Calculate Income Tax Levied on Salary Income
- How to View Filed TDS Statement on Income Tax Website?
- Best ways to save tax - Income Tax Saving Tips
- Take Home, Net Gross Salary vs CTC
- How to get Income Tax Return Form?
- Let's Talk About Part A and Part B in Form 16
- What is Reliance Tax Saver Plan?
- Advance Tax Payment Guide
- 5 Common Tax-Saving Mistakes and How to Avoid them
- Easy & Simple Steps to Upload TDS Returns Online
- NRI's without Pan: How to Avoid Higher TDS
- Complexity of Income Tax on Taxable Income
- All You Need To Know About From 27C
- TDS Will Not be deducted on Interest Paid to MUDRA
- Calculating Estimated Business Taxes
- Why Should You E-File Your Tax Returns
- Control the Currency with Policy Bazaar: Income Tax Guide For Start-ups
- Missed the Tax Filing Deadline? Here's what you can do about it
- File It Right: How to Avoid Rejection of Your ITR-V
- Tips for Startups while Generating Form 16
- How to Reduce the Burden of Income Tax and Increase Your Take-Home Salary?
- Useful Tips on Tax-Planning in India
- Income Tax Refund - Basics, Process
- Income Tax Deductions under Section 80
- Best Way to Calculate Your HRA (House Rent Allowance)
- Most Read
- How a Family Floater Health Plan Can Be The Saviour of Your Family?
Date: 26 September 2017
- How to Revive Lapsed LIC Insurance Policy Online
Date: 15 September 2017
- Tip to turn Habits into Healthy Ones: The Perfect Health Guide for Women
Date: 15 September 2017
- How Insurance Sector Faces Initial Hiccups Post GST
Date: 15 September 2017
- How to Save Premium Cost on your Life Insurance Purchase
Date: 13 September 2017
- Best 5 LIC Policies To Invest in 2017
Views : 980027
- LIC Policy Status: Check LIC Policy Details and Statement Online
Views : 931896
- Best Term Insurance Plans in India with Claim Settlement Ratio
Views : 370809
- A Quick Guide To Post Office Monthly Income Scheme
Views : 360846
- Best Health Insurance Plans in India
Views : 311906