Eco-friendly vehicles need to get regularized under the motor vehicles act in order to be able to ply on the roads and get insured.
The idea of using Eco-friendly vehicles for traveling may sound cool but it is the biggest blunder for there are no claims on accidents attributed to them. Insurance companies consider these environment friendly vehicles illegal as they are not registered and therefore are not insured.
Currently, close to one lakh e-rickshaws ply on Delhi roads and according to the guidelines of Central Motor Vehicles Act, they are not vehicles. Accidents occurring while traveling by e-rickshaws can spell danger for you as you won't get any claims from insurance companies. The life of people is at risk as there are many of them who regularly use e-rickshaws for commuting.
Government officials from iCat are willing to take the tests that prove that these vehicles are motor vehicles. Once this is done, the makers will have to seek type approval from the government approved testing agencies after the prototype passes through all the required standards. Safety of passengers will be of paramount importance while giving the type approval to the vehicle.
Such illegal vehicles must not be allowed to ply on the roads of the national capital. They are unsafe and have technical glitches. They should be allowed to run on Delhi roads after proper certification only, because if Delhi falters in abiding by the rules? All other states will. These vehicles will be seen mushrooming in all other states as well.
As per Ministry sources, regularization of vehicles is mandatory which can happen only after they get the vehicle approval under the motor vehicle act.
- Most Read
- How to Revive Lapsed LIC Insurance Policy Online
Date: 15 September 2017
- How to Save Premium Cost on your Life Insurance Purchase
Date: 13 September 2017
- Why Renewal of the Term Insurance Policy is Important?
Date: 11 September 2017
- LIC Senior Citizen Pension Scheme 2017
Date: 30 August 2017
- 5 Questions You Must Seek Answers for Before Buying Life Insurance Policies
Date: 18 July 2017
- Best 5 LIC Policies To Invest in 2017
Views : 1021001
- LIC Policy Status: Check LIC Policy Details and Statement Online
Views : 989454
- Best Term Insurance Plans in India with Claim Settlement Ratio
Views : 385139
- A Quick Guide To Post Office Monthly Income Scheme
Views : 381207
- National Pension Scheme (NPS) – Govt Approved Pension Scheme
Views : 253891