- Rs. 1 CroreTerm Cover @Rs 17/Day
- Tax BenefitsUnder Section 80C & 10(D)
- Extra BenefitsAccidental, Terminal & Critical Illness
- 12 Lac+Families Secured
We promise limited calls
E-Rickshaws Become Unsafe For Traveling; Get No Insurance Cover
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 1359 -
Modified 28 March 2014
Eco-friendly vehicles need to get regularized under the motor vehicles act in order to be able to ply on the roads and get insured.
The idea of using Eco-friendly vehicles for traveling may sound cool but it is the biggest blunder for there are no claims on accidents attributed to them. Insurance companies consider these environment friendly vehicles illegal as they are not registered and therefore are not insured.
Currently, close to one lakh e-rickshaws ply on Delhi roads and according to the guidelines of Central Motor Vehicles Act, they are not vehicles. Accidents occurring while traveling by e-rickshaws can spell danger for you as you won't get any claims from insurance companies. The life of people is at risk as there are many of them who regularly use e-rickshaws for commuting.
Government officials from iCat are willing to take the tests that prove that these vehicles are motor vehicles. Once this is done, the makers will have to seek type approval from the government approved testing agencies after the prototype passes through all the required standards. Safety of passengers will be of paramount importance while giving the type approval to the vehicle.
Such illegal vehicles must not be allowed to ply on the roads of the national capital. They are unsafe and have technical glitches. They should be allowed to run on Delhi roads after proper certification only, because if Delhi falters in abiding by the rules? All other states will. These vehicles will be seen mushrooming in all other states as well.
As per Ministry sources, regularization of vehicles is mandatory which can happen only after they get the vehicle approval under the motor vehicle act.
- Most Read
- How to Become a Crorepati by Investing Right
Date: 07 December 2017
- Term Insurance with More Than 100 Years of Coverage
Date: 14 November 2017
- All About Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana
Date: 13 November 2017
- Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana – Features, Benefits and Eligibility
Date: 25 October 2017
- 5 Mistakes You Must Avoid While Planning Retirement
Date: 24 October 2017
- Best 5 LIC Policies To Invest in 2017
Views : 1140010
- How to Check LIC Policy Status, Details, Statement via Online/SMS/Call
Views : 1125619
- A Quick Guide To Post Office Monthly Income Scheme
Views : 438358
- Best Term Insurance Plans in India with Claim Settlement Ratio
Views : 430287
- National Pension Scheme (NPS) – Govt Approved Pension Scheme
Views : 307634