Kotak Life InsuranceClaim Settlement Ratio - 97.4%*
Kotak Mahindra Life Insurance Company Limited (Kotak Life) is a 100% owned subsidiary of Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited (Kotak). Kotak Life provides world-class insurance products with high customer empathy. Its product suite leverages the combined prowess of protection and long-term savings. Kotak Life is one of the fastest growing insurance companies in India and has covered over 27 million lives as on 30th June, 2019.
About Kotak Mahindra Group
Kotak Mahindra Group is one of the most reputed banking and financial services organizations in India. It is offering a wide range of financial services to meet both corporate and individual investment needs.
Kotak Mahindra Insurance Product Portfolio
These life insurance plans provide a pure risk cover plan that helps you with a high level of protection at nominal costs.
- Kotak Preferred e-Term Plan
- Kotak Saral Suraksha
- Kotak Preferred Term Plan
- Kotak Term Plan
These are ulip plans with low charges along with convenient premium payment options that provide you with a great combination of funds and help you build substantial wealth for yourself.
- Kotak Assured Income Plan
- Kotak Platinum
- Kotak Single Invest Advantage
- Kotak Ace Investment Plan
- Kotak Wealth Insurance
- Kotak Invest Maxima
Kotak Life plans ensure financial independence for you and your family even as you enjoy a peaceful retired life of your dreams with their pension plans.
- Kotak e-Lifetime Income Plan
- Kotak Lifetime Income Plan
Child plans helps you accumulate good amount of money and provide defined benefits, at specific milestones in your child's life to support his/her education.
- Kotak Headstart Child Assure
Kotak policies are an avenue for long term regular investments to accumulate a lump sum on maturity.
- Kotak Sampoorn Bima Micro-Insurance Plan
- Kotak Assured Income Accelerator
- Kotak Gramin Bima Yojana
- Kotak Premier Moneyback Plan
- Kotak Classic Endowment Plan
- Kotak Assured Savings Plan
- Kotak Premier Endowment Plan
Compare all Kotak Life life insurance plans from other life insurance companies in India to get the best insurance plan that suits your investment appetite most.
Kotak Life Insurance Distribution Network:
The distribution network of Kotak Life Insurance Company includes retail distribution through the branch offices, insurance agencies, individual agent network and insurance brokers for claim settlements. It has offices across over 400 cities and towns in India. Kotak Life products are also available online through their website and insurance aggregators.
Kotak Life Insurance - FAQ
Question 1: How to know my policy status in Kotak Life Insurance?
Answer: You can check the status of your Kotak Mahindra Life Insurance policy through any of the following methods:
- You can directly call on the number 1800 – 209 – 8800 for any query related to policy.
- You can as well use the ‘Get a Call’ option. The icon for the same is located on the right-hand side of the Website of Kotak Mahindra Life Insurance Company.
- After which you will be redirected to a new page, where you are asked to enter some other details like name, city, mobile number, whether you are an existing customer or a new customer and the policy that you have availed. Click the option ‘I am not a robot’, and check the box where the permit for contact even when you are registered under the National Do Not Call Registry (NDNC).
- After this an agent contacts and resolves your query.
- The ‘Lets Chat’ option that is available on the official website of the Kotak Life Insurance Company. Click ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ according to the answer to the question.
- Provide your details like name, date of birth, mobile number, and email id. Click the 'Get Started' option. After which you will chat with an executive.
- You can as well visit the nearest branch of the insurance company for resolving your queries or getting to know the status of your policy.
Through SMS Service:
You can as well avail of SMS service to resolve different policy-related issues. All you have to do is to send an SMS in a predetermined form and send it to 5676788. Below mentioned is the list of services of SMS that you can avail:
|Payment Due Date and Due Amount||PREML||PREML|
|Fund Value & NAV as per due date||NAVL||NAVL|
|Unit Linked Statement||STML||STML|
Question 2: How to pay Kotak Life Insurance premium online?
Answer: You can use any of the below-mentioned methods to pay the premium of your Kotak Life Insurance plan online:
- National Electronic Fund Transfer (NEFT): For using this premium payment method, you have to log in to your preferred net banking account and select the NEFT transfer of payment option. After successful premium payment, you will get a Unique Transaction Reference (UTR) from the bank. The UTR should be presented if you are coordinating with the bank for the NEFT fund transfer. At the time of making payments through NEFT, you should provide the following details:
- Name of the beneficiary
- Account number of the beneficiary
- Account type
- Bank’s name
- Bank’s IFSC code
- Direct Debit: Under this option, the renewal amount of the policy directly gets debited from the selected account of the policyholder.
- The direct debit service is available for number of banks such as Axis Bank, ICICI Bank, Citi Bank, Bank of India, United Bank of India, Union Bank of India, Kotak Mahindra Bank, IDBI Bank, Karnataka Bank, State Bank of India, Federal Bank, Allahabad Bank, and Bank of Baroda.
- For availing this service, the policyholder should fill the form for ECS/ Direct Debit and submit this with the canceled cheque on any of the branches of Kotak Life Insurance.
- You can also mail the canceled cheque and form to Kotak Mahindra Life Insurance Company Limited, Kotak Infiniti, Building No. 21, Infinity Park, Fifth Floor, Zone 2, Off Western Express Highway, General AK Vaidya Marg, Malad (E), Mumbai – 400097.
- Electronic Clearing Service (ECS): It is an electronic debit-service in which the amount of premium is debited automatically from the policyholder's preferred bank account.
- Through this service, you need not keep the track of the due date of your premium payment.
- The auto-debit functionality ensures that the payment of the premium is done on time and hence prevents your policy from the lapse.
- For using this service, you have to submit a canceled cheque with ECS Mandate Form at any of the nearest branch offices of Kotak Mahindra Bank.
- Currently, the facility of ECS is provided in 81 locations of India
- You need to provide written notice for deactivating this service to the Kotak Life Insurance Company. However, this notice must be given 15 days before the next deduction of ECS.
- Debit Card: The payment of premiums can as well be made through a debit card that is issued by banks such as Indian Overseas Bank, Citi Bank, Union Bank of India, Punjab National Bank, and State Bank of India.
- Credit Card: A policyholder can pay the premium of policy’s renewal by using the Visa credit card or MasterCard on the website of Kotak Life.
- The credit card that you are using should contain your name (name of the policyholder) or should be issued to the policyholder.
- Immediate Payment Service (IMPS): You can also make the payments of your premium by using the IMPS service of the insurance provider. The below steps are involved for the same:
- The first step is to enroll for the service of mobile banking and register for IMPS use. For doing so, ask your bank to offer you MIPIN and Mobile Money Identifier (MMID).
- The next step is to install the application of your bank’s mobile banking for using this service of IMPS.
- After installing this app, navigating on the app's IMPS section and then entering all the necessary details is recommended.
- After making the payment, you will get a confirmation in the message in which the debit of the premium amount from your account is mentioned.
- Presently, the service of IMPS is available for few banks only, which are – Yes Bank, ICICI Bank, Union Bank of India, Federal Bank, HSBC, Axis Bank, Corporation Bank, State Bank of India, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Punjab National Bank, etc.
- Internet Banking: The policyholders of Kotak Life Insurance can as well make fast and secure payments of the premium for their policies by using the internet banking of their respective banks.
- Bill Desk: Another method of making online payments is by using the Bill Desk, which is an internet banking platform. For using this service, all you need to do is to register by using the website of Bill Desk.
- E- Bill Payment: To use this service, all you need to do is to use the internet banking service of your bank.
Question 3: How to close the Kotak Life Insurance policy?
Answer: Accurately fill-up the surrender form and submit the essential documents such as documents of policy. After providing the documents and the information given by you in the form, the Kotak Life Insurance Company verifies the same. After this, the refund is processed and it is credited to your preferred bank account. The policy will be canceled and this complete process most of the time takes seven working days.
Question 4: How to link aadhaar with Kotak Life Insurance policy online?
Answer: Follow the below-mentioned steps to link Aadhar number with Kotak Life Insurance policy. The process of linking is different for non-registered and registered users:
- The process to Link Aadhar for Non-Registered Users:
- Visit Kotak Life Insurance Company’s website.
- Provide the details of PAN, date of birth, policy number, Aadhar number, and contact information.
- After providing the Aadhar number, an OTP is sent to the registered mobile number. Remember this OTP.
- Enter this OTP for verification and completion of the process.
- The process to Link Aadhar for Registered Users:
- Go to the website of Kotak Life Insurance Company and login with your credentials.
- Search for the options to link Aadhar and mention the details of Aadhar.
- Make sure that the details mentioned by you are accurate before submitting them.
- Enter the OTP that is sent to your registered mobile number by the insurance company for completion of the process.
Question 4: How to get the receipt of premium for Kotak Life Insurance policy?
Answer: You will get the receipt every time you make payment of the premium for your Kotak Life Insurance policy. However, for the cases of ECS or SI, this receipt is given only after the confirmation of some successful transactions.
Kotak Life Insurance - Latest News
Kotak e-Term Plan Launched by Kotak Life Insurance Company
Kotak Mahindra Life Insurance Company recently launched its new e-Term Plan. The new Kotak e-Term Plan comes in three comprehensive cover options – Life option, Life Plus option, and Life Secure Option.
- Life Option – It offers 100% of the Sum Assured on the death of the life insured.
- Life Plus Option – It offers 100% of the Sum Assured as death benefit upon accidental death of the life insured in addition to the death benefit. The maximum death benefit payout is subject to a maximum limit of Rs. 1 Crore.
- Life Secure Option – It offers the benefit of premium waiver in the event of total & permanent disability of life insured. The death benefit of the plan stays intact for this variant until the end of the policy term.
This new term plan from Kotak Life Insurance Company also provides policy holders with options to avail additional cover at different intervals to take care of their increasing responsibilities. In addition, nominees are allowed to choose from three payout options. These options are:
- Lump-Sum Payout – 100% of the Sum Assured is paid out in one lump-sum and the policy will be terminated.
- Recurring Annual Payout – 10% of the Sum Assured is paid out at the time of claim settlement and 6% of the Sum Assured is paid out each year for 15 years.
- Increasing Recurring Annual Payout - 10% of the Sum Assured is paid out at the time of claim settlement and 6% of the Sum Assured is paid out at the end of the first year. In addition, the pay-out will increase by 10% per annum. These payouts are paid at the end of each year for 15 years.
The plan allows policyholders with an option to choose from different rider benefits for additional premium. Two of the best riders under this plan, Critical Illness Plus Benefit rider and Permanent Disability Benefit Rider provide protection against 37 critical illnesses and comprehensive coverage against accidental permanent disability.
Kotak e-Term plan has been carefully conceptualized to ensure coverage for the diverse protection needs and risk cover necessities of policyholders. The policy is affordable, customizable and comes packed with impeccable services.
Mahindra Finance A Minority Stakeholder In Kotak Mahindra Insurance Accredited With Maturity Level 3
Mahindra Mahindra Financial Services Limited (Mahindra Finance), which holds minority stake in Kotak Mahindra Insurance company, one of India’s leading private insurers, is one of the first insurance broking company to be accredited with Maturity Level 3 of the People Capability Maturity Model (People-CMM) globally. With this rating, it now shares the same space with companies who practice People-CMM such as Tata Consultancy Services, Accenture, Wipro, CMC, LT Infotech, etc. P-CMM, an organizational transformation model was created by the CMMI Institute, USA. This institute is a subsidiary of Carnegie Mellon University and aims at uplifting the organizational performance by bringing forth best-in-class solutions to meet challenges in the real-world. A top official at Mahindra Finance said that the accredition shows the organization’s consistent commitment towards development of its workforce, its focus point being to add value to its customer base, and bringing about positive change in peoples’ lives, which stands similar to the organizational goals of Kotak Mahindra Insurance company.
Kotak Life expects to increase its first premium income by 50% in FY 2015-16
January 28, 2016: Kotak Life Insurance is expecting to collect Rs 900 crore as its first premium income in this financial year, 2015–16. Its first premium income in financial year 2014–15 was Rs 600 crore. Speaking during the launch of Kotak Premier Life Plan in Kolkata, Suresh Agarwal, Senior EVP and Chief Distribution Officer of Kotak Life, told that his company is ranked seventh among the private sector life insurers in terms of accumulated premium income. Its total premium income, which includes new and renewal premium, for 2014–15 was Rs 3,000 crore. The company expects its total premium income to increase to Rs 3,500 crore in this fiscal. Suresh Agarwal said that the company is making profits and that it has no plans to hit the stock market as of now. He also said that Old Mutual Life of South Africa, which holds 26% in Kotak Life, has no plans to increase its stake.
Kotak Life launches a new plan; expects to collect Rs 3,500 crore premium in FY 2015-16
January 7, 2016 : Kotak Mahindra Life Insurance Company Limited has launched a new plan called ‘Kotak Premier Life Plan’ on 7 January 2016. It is a participating whole life plan with limited premium payment offering protection till 99 years of age.Under this plan, customers can either opt to receive bonus payouts after the end of premium payment term or can accumulate them to create retirement corpus. Customers can withdraw from the accumulated corpus after the end of premium payment term.Speaking at a media conference on the launch of Kotak Premier Life Plan, Suresh Agarwal, chief distribution officer & senior EVP, Kotak Mahindra Life Insurance Company Limited, termed this plan as an innovative, participating whole life product aimed at providing a strong foundation of insurance protection and a planned income for the customers.He further stated that Kotak Mahindra Life Insurance Company Limited expects to collect a total premium of over Rs 3,500 crore in this financial year. During last financial year, Kotak Life collected Rs 1,400 crore in new business premium segment and Rs 1,500 crore in renewal premium segment.
Kotak Life Insurance has launched its Kotak Premier Life plan in Uttar Pradesh on January 27, 2016.
It is a limited premium payment and participating whole-life plan, which can be either used for income benefits or for creating a tax-free corpus. Under this plan, the customer has the option to protect himself up to 99 years of age. It allows the customer to partly encash his accumulated corpus during the policy term. The plan also offers discounts on premium for higher sum assured and additional discount on the lives of women insured.
Kotak Life Insurance gains market-share in southern India on the acquisition of ING Vysya Bank by Kotak Mahindra Bank
January 30, 2016: Kotak Life Insurance has registered nearly 50% year-on-year growth in its first premium income for the first nine months of the present financial year. This happened as it increased its exposure in the south Indian market due to the acquisition of Bengaluru-based ING Vysya Bank by Kotak Mahindra Bank in 2015. The acquisition has increased the contribution of the bancassurance business from 35% to 50%. Prior to the acquisition, ING Vysya Bank had about 677 branches, mostly in southern India. Post-acquisition, Kotak Mahindra Bank has a footprint of over 1,200 branches. According to Suresh Agarwal, chief distribution officer at Kotak Life Insurance, western and southern regions contribute 30% each to premium income with north and east giving about 20% business each. Kotak Life Insurance has collected Rs 1,289 crore as new premium in the first nine months compared to Rs 866 crore in the same period last fiscal while its peers, such as Birla Sun Life Insurance Company and Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance Company saw just about around 5% growth. Kotak Life Insurance is targeting Rs 3,500 crore of premium income in this financial year, of which about Rs 1,800 crore is being targeted from new business. According to the data compiled by Life Insurance Council, new business premium for the entire life insurance industry grew by 16% to Rs 85,588 crore in the first nine months of FY 2015-16. Public sector insurer, Life Insurance Corporation of India, registered 15.38% growth in new premium business compared to the private sector growth of 17.47%.
Kotak Life launched new campaign called ‘Koi Hai Hamesha’
Kotak Mahindra Life Insurance Company Limited (KLI) launched a new campaign called ‘Koi Hai Hamesha’ across TV and digital platforms in mid-January. Created by J Walter Thompson, it is aimed at audiences at the age group of 30-50 years. The campaign consists of two television commercials (TVCs), the main film being of 30 seconds’ duration and the next one is a sequel of 15 seconds. While the main film establishes a concern, the sequel ends with a solution with a happier and better informed protagonist. The first film shows a group of friends enjoying and thinking about how to plan their post retirement life. The second film gives out a clear message of how Kotak life Insurance has a perfect plan for an individual. According to Elizabeth Venkataraman, Executive VP & Head, Marketing, KLI, the main theme of the campaign is that life expectancy has gone up and many people may live up to 100 years, making the Indian blessing, ‘Sau Saal Jiyo’ a reality soon. The campaign provides the backdrop for the launch of a new whole life plan that protects your life and enables investments up to 99 years of age. According to Nandita Chalam, Senior VP & Executive Creative Director, J Walter Thompson, the thought behind the new campaign is that people should be planning for a longer life instead of the eventuality of death. The media plan covers leading Hindi & other regional entertainment channels as well as English language, regional and business news channels.
Kotak Life Insurance Ltd introduces a new Kotak coverage plan.
Kotak Mahindra Life Insurance Company Limited introduced its Kotak Premier Life Plan which is a Participating partial premium payment whole life plan.The Kotak Premier Life Plan is a new, participating whole life insurance plan for people from various income slabs so as to build a powerful base for life coverage and regular income through the life.
Under this plan, the policyholder can pick from added paid-up options or cash payout. Under the added paid-up options the policyholders are allowed to get their paid-up additions using their bonuses which would accumulate in their plan making this plan an additional guaranteed assured-sum which is paid as maturity or death benefits. Also, after the expiry of the premium payment term funds can be withdrawn anytime from the accumulated funds. In the cash payout option, each year after the premium payment term the declared bonus is paid to the policyholder under the plan.
Kotak Mahindra shows a 50 % YoY growth
The Kotak Life Insurance Company achieved footing in the southern insurance market of India. This happened after the parent company Kotak Mahindra Bank (0.44% BSE shares) had acquired ING Vysya Bank (-0.32% BSE shares) previous to aid the bancassurance channel of insurance sales. Kotak Life which is a conglomerate between South Africa Old Mutual and Kotak Mahindra Bank in a share ratio of 74:26. This new venture experienced a year on year growth of around 50% in the first quarter of the fiscal year which 16% higher than the average rate of growth.
This new venture of ING and Kotak Mahindra proved to be a great move since, this move helped the parent company to push its insurance sales through bancassurance sales channels. Also, this partnership allowed the growth rate to see a growth from 35% to 50%. ING Vysya with about 677 branches mostly in the southern insurance market gave a foot over to Kotak Mahindra Bank of around 1200 outlets. The Kotak Life Insurance in the first quarter of its fiscal year had Rs 1289 than what they had same time during the previous fiscal year which is Rs 866 crores. This shows a clear 49% growth in the bank’s business. Although, the similar market players like Birla SunLife and Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance Co. had a year on year growth of 5% only.
- Aditya Birla Sun Life Insurance
- AEGON Life Insurance
- Aviva Life Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance
- Bharti AXA Life Insurance
- Canara HSBC Oriental Bank Life Insurance
- Edelweiss Tokio Life Insurance
- Exide Life Insurance
- Future Generali Life Insurance
- HDFC Life Insurance
- ICICI Prudential Life Insurance
- IDBI Federal Life Insurance
- IndiaFirst Life Insurance
- Max Life Insurance
- PNB MetLife Life Insurance
- Postal life insurance
- Pramerica Life Insurance
- Reliance Life Insurance
- Sahara Life Insurance
- SBI Life Insurance
- Shriram Life Insurance
- Star Union Dai-ichi Life Insurance
- Tata AIA Life Insurance