Sahara Life Insurance Company Ltd - Sahara LifeClaim Settlement Ratio - 97.45%*
Sahara India Pariwar entered the Life Insurance industry in the year 2004 as India’s first wholly Owned Private Life Insurance Company with copious presence in most parts of the country.. The core objective of the Company has been to reach out across the country to all segments of society not only to the privileged and urban based but to those belonging to the middle class and living in the rural areas as well. With the state-of-the-art technology, Sahara India offers extensive range of competitive products to caters the insurance needs of individuals of all ages and segments
The various segments of life insurance plans offered by Sahara India Life Insurance company are
- Unit Linked Plans
- Money Back Plans
- Endowment Plans
- Term Assurance Plans
- Group Insurance Plans
Apart from the above segment, Sahara India Offers add-on plans such as Accident Benefit and Critical Illness Riders
With the upward growth in Indian economy Sahara India Life Insurance Company provides specially crafted insurance product linked with capital market so as the insures should also earn straight profit from the great potential provided by these markets.
- A unit linked insurance plan with complete protection from volatile equity market and insurance coverage under one umbrella.
- A single premium based plan offering enhanced value of savings over a period of time.
- Multiple investment option as per risk appetite of customer.
- Comprehensive insurance coverage against any ill-fated incident.
- Minimum Issue Age is 18 Years
- Maximum Issue Age is 65 Years
- Policy Term is between 5 Years to 10 Years
- Maximum Age at Maturity is 75 Years
- Minimum Premium is Rs. 30,000/- and no cap on the maximum amount.
- No top up facility allowed.
- Sum assured provided under this plan are 125% of premium paid for insurer aged till 41 years and 110% of premium paid for insurer aged 46 Years & above .
- A unit linked insurance plan dedicated for exclusive customer with higher risk appetite and enhanced sum assured amount.
- Available in two premium payment variables as single premium and regular premium.
- Offered to customer between age group of 12 years to 55 years.
- Policy term is between 8 years to 20 years and the payment term is as per policy term except for single premium payment plans.
- Maximum Age at Maturity should be 70 years.
- Minimum Premium for single premium plan is Rs.50,000 , whereas for Regular Premium is Rs.20, 000 under yearly mode and Rs.15, 000 under half-yearly mode.
- No cap on the maximum premium amount.
- No change in premium amount is allowed and no top up facility is available under regular premium plan.
- For single premium option ,the sum assured is 125% of premium for insurer aged till 45 years and 110% of premium for customer aged above 46 years .
- For regular premium plan , the sum assured is 10 times of annualized premium for customer aged till 45 years and 7 times of annualized premium for customers aged above 46 & above
- A Unit linked plan being offered is a unique blend of risk coverage and market linked returns.
- Simple documentation and hassle free enrollment procedure.
- Flexibility to choose investment plan as per risk appetite and financial objective.
- Minimum issuance age is 10 Years to maximum 55 years and the policy term is 10,15 or 20 years.
- Minimum Premium is Rs.12, 000 and cannot be altered once policy is issued.
- Sum assured is 10 times the amount paid towards annual premium.
Money Back Plans
Sahara Pay Back – Jeevan Bima Plan
- A traditional limited premium money-back participating endowment plan proposed for those who seeks guaranteed cash inflow to meet the desired financial obligations
- Double benefit of financial protection and earning at time bound periods.
- Offers financial assistance as lump sum payment at particular intervals and thus fulfill financial commitments in future.
- Offered for minimum issue aged between 16 years to 50 years
- Minimum sum assured as Rs 75000 and thereafter in multiples of 5000.
- Maximum sum assure available is Rs. 1 crore subject to underwriting.
- Fixed policy term for 12 years , 16 years and 20 years.
- Maximum Coverage Age is till 70 years.
- 3% discount available for yearly prepayment payment and 1.5% on half yearly premium payment option .
- A Single Premium Money Back Endowment Assurance without Profits Plan.
- Add on advantage of life cover up to maturity.
- Return of premium at maturity pooled with guaranteed additions depending upon term and sum assured chosen.
- Regular flow of earning from return at specific intervals.
- Minimum Entry Age is 9 years up to maximum entry of 60 years.
- Minimum Sum Assured is Rs. 50,000/- up to the amount Rs. 1 crore based on underwriting.
- Policy Term is fixed as 9 years/ 12 years/ 15 years subject to maximum age at the maturity should be 70 years.
- A traditional limited premium money-back non-participating endowment plan.
- Suited for those who have planned future financial obligations such as child’s higher education or marriage.
- Complete protection against any financial adversity aroused due to ill-fated event o the insurer
- Minimum issuance age is 15 years and maximum issuance age 55 Years
- Minimum sum assured under the plan is Rs 75000 and thereafter in multiples of 5000.
- Fixed policy term as 15 years or 20 years and premium paying term as per policy term.
- Discounts on premium @ 3% and 1.5 % for yearly and half-yearly modes of premium payments plans.
- A single premium without profit endowment plan.
- Specially designed for individuals with irregular income flow such as income from real estate etc.
- Minimum Entry Age is 9 years to maximum 60 Years.
- Sum assured ranges from Rs. 30,000/- to Rs. 1 crore based on underwriting.
- Minimum premium amount under this plan is Rs. 16,992 for age at entry 9.
- The plan term is 5 Years to 10 Years subject to maturity age under this plan.
- A single premium without profit endowment plan combined with the benefit of life cover up to maturity.
- Best fitted insurance plan for those who have higher investment appetite and plan well ahead for their time bound financial liabilities.
- Comprehensive life cover against one time single premium payment.
- Minimum Entry Age is 9 years to maximum 60 Years.
- Sum assured ranges from Rs. 50,000/- and then in multiples of Rs 5000/-.
- Fixed policy term of 10 years.
- a traditional participating endowment plan with double benefit of wealth creation and insurance protection.
- Multiple benefits of safe investment, tax benefit insurance benefits under single plan
- Minimum issuance age is 14 Years up to 14 Years.
- Minimum Sum Assured Rs 50000/- and thereafter in multiples of Rs 5000.
- Guaranteed return of sum assured as 10 times of annualized premium for age at entry less than 45 years and 7 times of annualized premium for age at entry more than or equal to 45 years.
- The plan term ranges between 15 years to 40 years subject to the age at the maturity of plan should be 70 years.
- Premium payment frequency options are monthly , quarterly , half yearly or yearly.
Group Insurance Plans
Sahara Samooh suraksha
- A term insurance cover plan for Establishments/Groups, at nominal premium amount.
- Advantage of market appreciation on the savings portion of premium paid under this plan.
- Available for groups where at least 75% of existing employees/members with minimum 25 eligible members are willing to join the plan.
- Minimum monthly total contribution of Rs.5000
- Participation of all new eligible members in the group is compulsory on the next renewal date
- Minimum group size should be 50 members with minimum contribution per month as Rs. 5000
- Minimum entry age 18 years whereas maximum entry age 64 years.
- Minimum sum assured per member Rs. 50,000/- up to the limit of maximum sum assured per member is Rs. 5 lakhs.
Sahara Accidental Death Benefit Rider
- A Non Linked Accidental Death Benefit rider goup plan with dual option to chose as either single premium or Regular Premium .
- For regular premium payment the plan term should be less than or equal to policy term.
- Minimum entry age at is 18 Years and maximum age at entry 60 years and the maximum maturity age is 65 years
- Minimum Sum Assured is Rs 50,000 whereas maximum sum assured is as per the plan sum assured or Rs.20,00,000 including cover under all previous policies with the Company, whichever is lower.
Sahara Surakshit Pariwar – Jeevan Bima Plan
- A non-linked, non-par micro endowment life insurance plan with objective of reaching to socially weaker sections of the society
- Twin benefit of providing life cover and building your savings.
- Affordable monthly premium of Rs 500 or Rs 250 for 5 years or 10 years respectively
- Reasonable return at the end of maturity of the plan.
- Minimum entry age is 18 years to maximum 50 years .
- Policy term as between 5 years to 10 years and the premium payment term shall be as per plan term.
- Sum assured of Rs 30000/- per life i.e. sum assured is fixed per life under the plan
- Fixed premium amount of Rs. 500 per month for premium paying term of 5 years and Rs. 250 per month for premium paying term of 10 years
- Only monthly premium payment frequency is available.
- Grace period of 30 days irrespective of any calendar month will be allowed to pay premiums.
- Maturity benefit as the sum of Guaranteed Sum Assured and accrued guaranteed annual additions.
- Death benefit of either 5 times the annualized premium or 105% of all the premiums paid as on date of death
Sahara Social Security Plan
- It is a non-participating without profit plan as such the policy will not participate in the profits of Sahara Life.
- A term plan intended to provide insurance coverage to the economic weaker section of society.
- Focused to all groups belonging to unorganized/informal sectors including economically weak or backward classes with at least 50 members are eligible to participate in this scheme
- Affordable premium amount with comprehensive coverage.
- No maturity or survival benefit.
- Only death benefit shall be payable to the nominee in the event of death of the member during continued membership of the group.
- Nominal premium starting from Rs. 100
- Premium can be paid by group policyholder or members as totally or in portion as decided during inception of policy.
- Grace period of one month for premium payment, post which the policy shall be terminated and will not have any cash value on termination.
- Other value addition benefit includes Double Accident benefit which offers an additional benefit equal to sum assured shall be payable if death is caused within 180 days of any bodily injury sustained directly and solely from an accident
General Terms & Conditions for all the plans
- Suicide Clause: In case of death due to suicide, within twelve months from the date of inception of the plans, the nominee or beneficiary of the policyholder shall be entitled to at least 80% of the premiums paid provided policy is in force or from the date of revival of the policy the nominee or beneficiary of the policyholder shall be entitled to higher of 80% of the premiums paid till the date of death or the surrender value.
- Free look period: A policyholder is entitled to review the terms and conditions of the plans within a period of fifteen days from the date of receipt of the policy bond. If the policyholder disagrees with the terms and conditions, he has the option to return the policy bond after stating the reasons for the disagreement. In such a scenario, the policyholder would be entitled to refund of premiums paid after deducting the stamp duty. No further charges would be deducted.
- As per Section 41 of the Insurance Act, 1938 (4 of 1938):— "No person shall allow or offer to allow, either directly or indirectly, as an inducement to any person to take out or renew or continue an insurance in respect of any kind of risk relating to lives or property in India, any rebate of the whole or part of the commission payable or any rebate of the premium shown on the policy, nor shall any person taking out or renewing or continuing a policy accept any rebate, except such rebate as may be allowed in accordance with the published prospectus or tables of the insurer.
- v If any person fails to comply with sub regulation (2) above, he shall be liable to payment of a fine which may extend to Rupees five hundred
Sahara Life Insurance - FAQ
1. How to pay a premium? What are the modes of payment available?
The Sahara Life insurance company Ltd. offers different modes of premium payment namely:
- Cash/ Cheque payment at the branch
- ECS ( At certain locations)
2. How can I check policy status?
To check the policy status login on the home page with your user name and password.
3. What is the policy renewal process?
To renew the policy, you can visit the nearest branch during working hours.
4. What is the company’s process to settle claim?
You can visit the nearest branch of the Sahara Life Insurance company between 10 AM to 5PM.
5. What is the policy cancellation process?
You can visit the nearest branch of the Sahara Life Insurance company to surrender your policy between 10 AM to 5PM. Upon succesful completion of the procedure, the refund will be directly debited in your account and the policy will stand cancelled.
- Aditya Birla Sun Life Insurance
- AEGON Life Insurance
- Aviva Life Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance
- Bharti AXA Life Insurance
- Canara HSBC Oriental Bank Life Insurance
- DHFL Pramerica Life Insurance
- Edelweiss Tokio Life Insurance
- Exide Life Insurance
- Future Generali Life Insurance
- HDFC Life Insurance
- ICICI Prudential Life Insurance
- IDBI Federal Life Insurance
- IndiaFirst Life Insurance
- Kotak Life Insurance
- Max Life Insurance
- PNB MetLife Life Insurance
- Postal life insurance
- Reliance Life Insurance
- SBI Life Insurance
- Shriram Life Insurance
- Star Union Dai-ichi Life Insurance
- Tata AIA Life Insurance
Sahara Life Insurance Company Ltd - Sahara Life Reviews
Best life insurance
I recently bought a life insurance from Sahara life insurance for myself after a complete survey of the options available on Policybazaar. They have a vide range of insurers on-board which helps you choose what exactly you are looking for. I got mine, go look for yours.
Unlimited free partial withdrawals with tax free premium
I purchased Sahara Ulip Plans which provided me unlimited free partial withdrawals with a minimum value of Rs.2500 and premiums paid up to Rs.1.5 Lakhs are tax free.
Sahara life insurance is on of the best brand in the market right now. I have took term insurance policy in very less investment. The policy cover maximum expenses, good future planing. Service is perfect and on time. The updates and the renewals can be done on online portal website.
My ulip policy is good, it provides good number of benefits. Policy coverage is high and policy covers maximum scenarios. Service is super fast which makes claiming part easy. Online service makes renewals easy and hassle free paperwork and documentations.
Policy has maximum benefits and premium of the plan is also less. My investment plan has high policy coverage with good claims. Service is quick and due to that the claiming is simple to sanctioned. Online service gives easy renewals of the policy.
I have pension insurance policy by taking advice of my father. The policy has many benefits like maximum expenditure is given by the company after policy maturity period. Online service gives easy renewals and hassle documentations.
My child have a child insurance plan which is less in premiums but the returns are many. Policy coverage is good and claims are easy to processed. Service is fine and online renewal of the policy is possible. Hassle free documentations and it reduces paperwork.
My term insurance plan is good and have good returns but the service is slow sometimes. Policy coverage is high and investment is less. Service of internet website is good but the staff service is bit slow. Please improve the customer service.
The term insurance plan i have is fantastic with low premiums. The service provided by the company staff is fabulous. Policy coverage and claims are high and claiming is easily done because of fast service provided by the executives of the company.
The ulip plan of mine is good in many ways. The premium is low and returns are high. Service is fantastic provided by the company members. Policy coverage is good and updates regarding policy is mailed to my email id. Net service is also easy to use.
The policy premium is low and service form your side is okay. But the web service is very good, easy to accessible and anyone can operate it easily. Good traditional insurance plan with huge claims which easily sanctioned due to fast service.
The pension plan i purchased is good and the premium is low. Service facilitate by the company members is good. Policy coverage is high and the claims are easily sanctioned. Hassle free documentations. It secure my future with good rewards.
Child Insurance Plan
The child insurance plan i purchase for my son. Service of your team is fantastic and very quick. Policy coverage is high and premium is less. The internet service is easy to operate and anyone can easily access it. Good future security for my child.
My sahara life pension plan is really very good. The service is bit slow. The policy coverage is 91% and claims are high but the investments are low. Service facilitate from executives and staff members are nice. Good future investment and saves tax too. The policy is nice, I like the terms and conditions.
My ulip policy plan is from sahara life insurance and the policy is the best because the policy has many benefits like the accident insurance is inbuilt in this policy. Policy coverage is high 88% and the premiums are low. Claims are 1.25 times of the investment. The service is fast and very quick. Great future investment with tax saving.
Very Nice Policy
I buy sahara life pension plan. The policy premium is low and the paybacks are high. The policy coverage is 90% and the claims are high. Investment is 34 K per year and the returns are very high. Services you provided by the executives and staff members is good. This policy plan work's for me. Satisfactory.
The policy coverage is 89%, The claims are high and the claiming is easy because of the executives and the staff members of the company. The services provided by you guys is very fast and on time. Good work guys on your sahara life ulip plans which I purchase. The premiums are less ~35 K and the returns are ~Rs.39 L. Good job.
I have the plan which one of the most convenient insurance policies which provider by sahara life insurance, So I buy pension plan and my investments will be safe. As I seen this company is coming generation to generation. Customer service is good and on time. Good future investment and save tax too. I like the plan.
I have ulip plan from sahara life insurance. The plan works for me. Policy coverage is also good ~85% with claiming amount is Rs.35 L. Service provided by you is awesome and fabulous with fast interface. Good future investment which save taxes. Updates regarding policy is mailed me time to time.
Coverage Is Good
I recently find policy that is very good plan and buy it from sahara life insurance. The product is pension plan. The policy coverage is high ~87% with very low premium. The service of all staff of your company is great with nice response. The return payback amount is around Rs.36 L at end of the policy.
I purchase sahara life pension plan, the policy is great. Premium for my plan is 11 K thrice per year and at the time of maturity the sum assured might be 33 L. They have send daily update about policy through mails. The Policy coverage is high and the service provided by the executives and staff is fast. Good investment, I like it.
My sahara life pension plan is great. The policy has good coverage approx. 89% with low premium. Claims are also high and the returns is Rs.36 K per month after policy end. Service is fantastic and the executives do best work. Good investment for future and taxes are also reduced. I like the plan.
I have a sahara life pension policy plan like every one does. The policy is great with high returns and low premiums. Policy coverage is also nice ~ 87% and service is fast. Really good job guys, you provide best services. Great future investment with tax saving.
Friend suggested me a policy, so i buy sahara life pension plan. The policy coverage is high ~85% and the claim is around Rs.30 K per month after policy get mature. Great services with fast interface provided by executives and staff members. Good future investments with tax saving.
I got a very fine policy sahara life pension plan. Now, I'm tension for future. The coverage is good around 89%, service is great and fast too, even the claims are fantastic. Great behaviour of executives and staff members, Good future investment and tax saver.