Joy Bangla Pension Scheme
There are several pension schemes that help people during their hard times. On April 1st 2020, the West Bengal government introduced the scheme to assist all the impoverished people of the state as the 'Joy Bangla Pension scheme'. It is generally explicit as 'WB Joy Bangla Pension Scheme' and is initiated into two stages. These two stages of the scheme support back-end with the aim of providing assistance to socially backward society such as Scheduled tribes and Scheduled caste.
The scheme that was introduced for the Scheduled Caste or SC category is called the Taposali Bandu pension scheme, whereas the category of Scheduled Tribe is called Jai Johar Scheme. It mainly aims to provide security to the poor people and uplift a socially backward society.
Eligibility Criteria of Joy Bangla Pension
To get the advantages of the Joy Bangla Pension Scheme, a person has to satisfy some guidelines that will make them eligible for the scheme. Here are the criteria that have to be met by a person to claim the benefits.
- The State Government of West Bengal announces the scheme, and the benefits can be claimed only by the permanent residents of West Bengal.
- The Joy Bangla Pension scheme is administered to only the community of scheduled castes and scheduled tribes who can only apply to the scheme.
- The applicant needs to belong to a backward community and has to be below the poverty line.
- As per the government's yardsticks, the applicant has to be above 60 years of age. In case when a person under the age of 60 years has applied to the scheme of Joy Bangla Pension, the application will be rejected.
- The applicant needs to be a bank account holder for the process of transactions.
- In order to apply for the Joy Bangla Pension scheme, the applicant should not be registered under any other schemes of pension provided by the government.
Key Features of Joy Bangla Pension Scheme
The scheme of Joy Bangla Pension holds specific features that are associated with the welfare of the state people. Here are some of the features of the scheme:
- The Joy Bangla Pension scheme will provide financial support to needy people across the state.
- It will also provide financial support to the elder citizens, people with disability and widows.
- The government is planning to enact a separate portal for the registration process and transactions using the Joy Bangla Pension scheme.
- On the basis of the rules that are established now, the government has planned to give Rs.1000 to all the applicants for the Jai Johar Scheme and Rs. 600 every month for the Taposali Bandhu Pension Scheme.
- Under the scheme of Joy Bangla Pension, the amount will directly be transferred to the beneficiary's bank account. This is the reason that holding a bank account in the beneficiary‘s name is essential.
- Surveys mention that around 21 lakh people can be benefited from the successful execution of the Joy Bangla Pension scheme, and they will be assisted with the financial support they need.
- As the scheme mainly focuses on the people from the backward category, persons aged above 60 years within this community can be well benefited.
- Any widows or PwD from this community can also apply for Joy Bangla Pension's scheme and claim the benefits.
- The government of West Bengal state has not fixed the budget for the execution of this scheme yet. But soon, the budget will be fixed as they can sufficiently help the needy.
Core Benefits of Joy Bangla Pension
The Joy Bangla Pension scheme offers several benefits to the backward community.
- Under the Topasali Bandhu Pension scheme, the beneficiaries will receive Rs.600 as their pension amount.
- Under the Jai Johar scheme, all the beneficiaries will receive Rs.1000 as their pension amount.
In case of the beneficiary candidate's demise, the Joy Bangla Pension provides an option for the nominee to be benefited. The pension officials will take the necessary steps.
- After verifying the beneficiary's demise, the officials will take the required action and fix the pension amount.
- The nominee will be appointed as the new beneficiary and will get the pension amount.
- This scheme is applicable only to the needy people under the backward category.
- There is no monthly contribution for the scheme Joy Bangla Pension.
- The beneficiary under this scheme will be given a constant amount by the government every month.
How to Apply for Joy Bangla Pension?
In the process of applying for the scheme of Joy Bangla Pension, there is a list of documents required to be submitted:
- Passport size photograph
- Certificate of caste photocopy
- Photocopy of Digital certificate from the concerned authority
- Photocopy of digital ration card
- AADHAAR card photocopy
- Photocopy of Voter Id
- Self-declaration copy of the residential certificate
- Self-declaration photocopy of income certificate
- Photocopy of the bank passbook
Step 1: Visit the West Bengal Government website for this scheme and download the application form.
Step 2: Take a printout of the application form.
Step 3: The application forms will also be available in the nearby government offices.
Step 4: Fill in the details required, like the type of scheme to be availed, name of the beneficiary, personal Details, income Details, and Contact Details.
Step 5: Check the list of documents to be enclosed and attach a photocopy of them.
Step 6: The completely filled application can be submitted in the government offices that are listed below in accordance with the residential area of the applicant:
- If the beneficiary is residing in the rural areas, Block Development Officer will take his application.
- Suppose the beneficiary is in the Municipal or areas that are notified outside the region of the Municipal Corporation of Kolkata. In that case, he can hand over the application to the Subdivisional officer.
- If the beneficiary is in the Municipal corporation area of Kolkata, he can submit the completed application to the Municipal Corporation, Kolkata Commissioner.
Step 7: There are some points that are to be kept in mind by the applicant while filling the form,
- The applicant is requested to fill the form with complete and correct information in the given Block letter only.
- All necessary columns have to be filled in without fail.
- Remember to submit a copy of the self-attested documents that are requested, with the applicant’s passport size photo.
Step 8: Once the application has been submitted, the following steps will be carried out to ensure the eligibility of the applicant and offering the required funds according to the scheme of Joy Bangla Pension.
- The submitted application forms will properly be checked by the Commissioner or Block Development Officer or Sub-Divisional Officer.
- The eligibility of the beneficiary for the scheme of Joy Bangla Pension will be ensured.
- The eligible forms that are submitted manually will be digitalized, and the officers upload the same on the state scheme portal.
- Using the state portal, the eligible applicant's names will be recommended to the DM by the Block Development Officer and the Sub-Divisional Officer.
- The applications will be then forwarded to the Nodal Department by the DM.
- The nodal department will sanction the pension amount
- On the applicant’s successful sanction, the pension amount will directly be credited using the WBIFMS portal to the applicant's bank account.
- The state portal will work along with the WBIFMS for consistent pension disbursement.
- The amount of the pension will be given to the beneficiary at the start of every month.
Disclaimer: Policybazaar does not endorse, rate or recommend any particular insurer or insurance product offered by an insurer.