- 24X7Claim Assistance &
Free Customer Support
- 20 Lakh+Happy & Satisfied Customers
- 100%Claim Support
Two-wheeler insurance policies cover various kinds of risks. In addition to accident and personal liability, two-wheeler insurance plans cover theft and other unpleasant experiences.
The vehicle might get stolen when it is parked at your home or a public place. You should inform the insurance company about the theft and an FIR should be registered with the police station for further investigation. The insurance company is liable to pay the damages for the loss of vehicle as per the applicable terms and conditions.
In India, it is mandatory to have two-wheeler insurance cover for every vehicle plying on Indian roads.
Depreciation of Bikes
The life of the vehicle decreases every year. Here is the depreciation that will have an impact on the insurance premium.
Life of the Two-wheeler
Less than 6 months
Above 6 months and less than 1 year
Above 1 year and less than 2 years
Above 2 years and less than 3 years
Above 3 years and less than 4 years
Above 4 years and less than 5 years
How to choose the Best Two-Wheeler Insurance Policy?
Here are the tips that will help you to choose the best two-wheeler insurance policy.
- Claim Settlement Ratio - The claim settlement ratio indicates the performance of the insurance company. Your opted insurance plan should provide you with pre-decided insurance coverage when your vehicle is lost or damaged. The insurance company should extend help as per the applicable terms and conditions in the policy. If you are dealing with an insurance company which has the highest claim settlement ratio, the probability of processing your claim will be on the higher side.
- Coverage - You should opt for a comprehensive bike insurance plan so that various risk factors will be covered in a very efficient manner. If you choose a basic insurance plan, it will cover the third-party damages only. The loss or theft of vehicle i.e. own damage will not be covered. Hence, it is very important to go through the policy wordings before buying an insurance policy.
- Policy Tenure - The tenure of the insurance policy will affect the premium. If the tenure is long, the insurance premium will be low and you will save money. If you buy a policy for three years, the insurance premium will be the same for all the three years. If you opt for a long-term policy, you will not have to renew the policy at the end of the policy year.
- Premium - The insurance premium is based on the make and model of the vehicle, the age of the vehicle, the age of the owner, coverage of risk factors, geographic location etc. If the frequency of usage of the vehicle is high, you will have to pay a higher
- Customer Support - The insurance company should offer the best customer support and insurance service. You should have access to reach the company by phone, email or other channels. The customer support executives should offer the assistance in finding the garage where the repair/replacement of spare parts will be done quickly and easily.
- Network of Garages - You should buy a two-wheeler insurance plan from an insurance company which maintains a large network of garages. It will help you manage cashless service from a network garage. As soon as your vehicle is involved in the accident, you must inform the insurance company.
- Add-on Coverage - In addition to the basic features offered by the bike insurance company, you can go for additional coverage as per your needs. Even though the premium increases with the additional cover, there will be great flexibility at the time of filing the claim.
Over to You
Two-wheelers are a convenient mode of commuting. Thanks to the ease of movement, they are widely used by commuters to commute. There are many families which have two or more bikes. The inherent risks associated with the bike can be overcome by choosing the best vehicle insurance policy. You can choose a policy which covers the theft as well so that there will be great peace of mind. You are advised to choose the best comprehensive two wheeler insurance cover from a reputed insurance company.
- Most Read
- Simple Tricks to Make the Most of Your Bike Insurance
Date: 10 July 2019
- How is NCB Calculated for Bike Insurance?
Date: 08 July 2019
- All You need to know about Zero Depreciation Insurance for Two Wheeler
Date: 03 July 2019
- 5 Advantages of Having Long-term Third Party Bike Insurance
Date: 21 June 2019
- What is the Maximum No Claims Bonus?
Date: 20 June 2019
- Renew Your Two-Wheeler Break-in Insurance Policy at PolicyBazaar
Views : 207853
- Lost Your Two Wheeler Insurance Documents? Here Is What You Need To Do
Views : 151542
- Two Wheeler Insurance Plans
Views : 143785
- Top 7 Best Two-Wheeler Insurance Providers in India
Views : 128059
- Consequences of Not Buying A Two-Wheeler Insurance
Views : 95698
GET ARTICLE ON EMAIL
- Income Tax Calculator
- Other Calculators
- Pension Calculator
- Savings Calculator
- Save Regularly
- Actual Savings
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator