- 24X7Claim Assistance &
Free Customer Support
- 20 Lakh+Happy & Satisfied Customers
- Rs. 1 LakhAccident Cover @ Rs. 2/Day
- 100%Claim Support
We promise limited calls
Insurers to Stay Shielded from Non-Renewal of a Two-Wheeler Policy
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 2336 -
Modified 27 June 2014
Efforts are on to implement a policy for 3 to 5 years for covering the two-wheelers to safeguard the insurers to some extent from the non-renewal of policies
With a view to handle the issue of large number of non-renewal of motor insurance policies, the Central government has decided to collaborate with regulator IRDA and the insurance companies to implement a two-wheeler insurance policy where a bike owner would have to pay premiums for three to five years at once.
Presently, bike owners purchase insurance covers for a year, and if does not get renewed by the end of the year, it lapses.
Efforts are on to implement a policy for 3 to 5 years for covering the two-wheelers to safeguard the insurers to some extent from the non-renewal of policies over a large portion of the population. India's general insurance companies perform poorly when in the two-wheeler segment, renewal does not take place most of the time after buying covers for one year.
- Most Read
- Buying Two-Wheeler Insurance? Here is Everything you Need to know About Two-Wheeler Insurance
Date: 25 September 2018
- Buying Two-Wheeler Insurance? Optimize Your Premium Using Two-Wheeler Insurance Calculator
Date: 21 September 2018
- Here is Everything you Need to know About Bike Insurance Inclusions and Exclusions
Date: 18 September 2018
- Zero Dep vs. Comprehensive Two Wheeler Insurance Cover- Which one is Better?
Date: 17 September 2018
- How to Renew Bike Insurance Online?
Date: 12 September 2018
- Renew Your Two Wheeler Break-in Insurance Policy at PolicyBazaar
Views : 176501
- Two Wheeler Insurance Plans
Views : 112893
- 5 Common Mistakes in Choosing Two Wheeler Insurance
Views : 90898
- Consequences Of Not Buying A Two-Wheeler Insurance
Views : 89778
- Lost Your Two Wheeler Insurance Documents? Here Is What You Need To Do
Views : 86905