- 24X7Claim Assistance &
Free Customer Support
- 20 Lakh+Happy & Satisfied Customers
- Rs. 1 LakhAccident Cover @ Rs. 2/Day
- 100%Claim Support
We promise limited calls
Insurers to Stay Shielded from Non-Renewal of a Two-Wheeler Policy
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 2255 -
Modified 27 June 2014
Efforts are on to implement a policy for 3 to 5 years for covering the two-wheelers to safeguard the insurers to some extent from the non-renewal of policies
With a view to handle the issue of large number of non-renewal of motor insurance policies, the Central government has decided to collaborate with regulator IRDA and the insurance companies to implement a two-wheeler insurance policy where a bike owner would have to pay premiums for three to five years at once.
Presently, bike owners purchase insurance covers for a year, and if does not get renewed by the end of the year, it lapses.
Efforts are on to implement a policy for 3 to 5 years for covering the two-wheelers to safeguard the insurers to some extent from the non-renewal of policies over a large portion of the population. India's general insurance companies perform poorly when in the two-wheeler segment, renewal does not take place most of the time after buying covers for one year.
- Most Read
- 5 Things to Keep In Mind at Time of Bike Insurance Renewal
Date: 20 July 2018
- 7 Motorcycle Insurance Providers in 2018
Date: 19 July 2018
- How to Save Money on Two Wheeler Insurance?
Date: 16 July 2018
- What to Keep in Mind When Buying Two wheeler insurance Policy for Your Sports Bike?
Date: 18 April 2018
- Everything You Need to Know About Theft Cover of Two Wheeler Insurance Plans
Date: 28 February 2018
- Renew Your Two Wheeler Break-in Insurance Policy at PolicyBazaar
Views : 169778
- Two Wheeler Insurance Plans
Views : 109023
- 5 Common Mistakes in Choosing Two Wheeler Insurance
Views : 90248
- Consequences Of Not Buying A Two-Wheeler Insurance
Views : 88644
- How Bikers Can Save More On Two-wheeler Insurance
Views : 80604