A child insurance plan provides the dual benefits of insurance and investment. Parents can buy such a plan when the child is as young as 14 days. The policy matures when the child attains adulthood. However, there are child insurance policies where in policyholders are allowed to make periodic or occasional withdrawals before maturity of the plan.
Buying child insurance means there is investment planning involved for large number of years, which is why it is a superb tool when planning for the future. Mentioned below are some long-term advantages of child insurance plans.
1.Funding Children's Education– Major chunk of the parents' savings goes into paying for their child's education. Studying in a decent school means shelling out a lot of money. Higher education in abroad or MBA from well known B-school would mean exhaustion of the limited savings. All of that could be afforded by buying a child investment plan as the sum obtained on the maturity of the plan would help lessen this financial burden to quite an extent.
2. Critical illness/ Medical emergency Aid– In case there is a family history of critical illness, it is advisable to purchase children insurance when he/she is young and fit. If due to a medical emergency, the child has to be hospitalized, a child plan would help by offering financial support. You are allowed to withdraw a lump sum from the about-to-mature policy to make sure that your child gets the necessary medical treatment.
3. Unexpected Demise of a Parent– Death is never anticipated, especially when one is young. In the event of the demise of a parent during the term of a child insurance policy, the insurance company provides a premium waiver. Thus, the beneficiary gets a lump sum amount and is no longer obligated to pay any premium on the policy.
4. Well thought of investment– Prior to buying child insurance, Be sure of what you are planning for, whether higher education for your child, marriage, or even a mortgage on a house. While performing calculations, take inflation into account. Prices fluctuate largely in less than a decade. Once you have decided on an amount, buy a suitable child insurance policy. You will soon get into the habit of making regular premium payments and as a result you will be successfully earmarking money for your child's future.
5. Income Security for Your Child– This is an important benefit for children who are actors, singers and others who earn great incomes at a young age. Their money tends to heighten at a higher rate over a longer period when put in investment plans for children.
6. Could be used to take Secured Loan– A child insurance plan is also largely accepted as security by banks and other lenders when processing education loans or other personal loans.
When buying child insurance, search for policies that emphasize on cash value. High cash value, in long run, can be used to take loans or make a down payment on a house. Steer clear of policies that raise premium rates annually. Most importantly, buy insurance while you child is young to take advantage of low rates and high returns.
- All You Need to Know about Income Replacement Term Insurance Plan
Date: 20 April 2017
- The Ultimate Guide to Buy a Term Life Insurance
Date: 05 April 2017
- 4 Best Ways to Make your Retirement Planning Successful
Date: 05 April 2017
- A review on Edelweiss Tokio Life Wealth Ultima Plan
Date: 10 March 2017
- A Complete Guide to Financial Planning
Date: 23 February 2017
- Best 5 LIC Policies To Invest in 2017
Views : 670315
- How to Check LIC Policy Status & Premium Details?
Views : 495377
- 10 Best Investment Options in India - Compare Options Online
Views : 381780
- Best Term Insurance Plans in India with Claim Settlement Ratio
Views : 263290
- A Quick Guide To Post Office Monthly Income Scheme
Views : 214635