- 24X7Claim Assistance &
Free Customer Support
- 20 Lakh+Happy & Satisfied Customers
- 100%Claim Support
If your two-wheeler is your walk-stick, which drives you to all possible places, then just don’t forget to get it insured. As per law, it is mandatory to keep your vehicle insured all the time in order to stay protected from any unforeseen mishappening. The dealer provides you with new two-wheeler insurance on purchase of your vehicle, but it is necessary to understand the different types of insurance i.e. – comprehensive and third party liability.
For people who consider insurance burdensome, third-party liability is what they can go for that comes into the act when a third party property or person is being affected. It is quite inexpensive as it does not take care of the damage caused to your vehicle and only concerns with the loss occurred to the third party.
The Comprehensive policy offers protection against loss caused to the vehicle, accident cover provided to the owner along with third party liability cover offered to the other party during accident occurring with him or his vehicle. Dealers generally offer comprehensive insurance on the purchase of a new vehicle. The possible situations where insurance can be claimed are- loss of vehicle, theft of the vehicle, damage caused because of fires or riots, accident or loss because of “act of God”.
When claiming for insurance, there are a few documents required for submission like a photocopy of the registration certificate of the vehicle, driving license, filled claim form, police report and repair invoices. Starting with the process- an inspector is assigned to work on the claim to evaluate the loss incurred. As soon as the inspector reports the approval, the insurance company pays back for the losses. For the customer to receive money, it may take around 2-3 weeks.
The amount decided for refund depends on various bases. During an accident issue, the surveyor analysis the kind of damage or loss and subsequently the payments are dispatched to the mechanic for the losses included in the policy which generally exclude fibre and rubber parts.
During claim settlement, there are chances of rejection if the driver/rider turns out to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs or in case of breaking any law or even missing documents.
- Most Read
- New Traffic Rules: Hefty Traffic Violation Fines to be Imposed from September
Date: 11 September 2019
- Own Damage Cover: A Saviour in the Hour of Need!
Date: 11 September 2019
- 7 Maintenance Tips to get your Motorcycle prepared for Long Trips
Date: 06 September 2019
- How an Online and Offline Two Wheeler Insurance Differ from Each Other
Date: 05 September 2019
- 8 Reasons of Online Bike Insurance being in the Limelight!
Date: 27 August 2019
- Renew Your Two-Wheeler Break-in Insurance Policy at PolicyBazaar
Views : 212805
- Lost Your Two Wheeler Insurance Documents? Here Is What You Need To Do
Views : 161046
- Two Wheeler Insurance Plans
Views : 150696
- Top 7 Best Two-Wheeler Insurance Providers in India
Views : 140576
- A Complete Guide to Third Party Two-Wheeler Insurance
Views : 97949
GET ARTICLE ON EMAIL
- Income Tax Calculator
- Other Calculators
- Pension Calculator
- Savings Calculator
- Save Regularly
- Actual Savings
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator