How Does It Work?
Presently, WhatsApp is considered one of the most popular and user-friendly instant messaging apps. It allows you to send and receive messages, media files & make calls using only a stable internet connection.
Through this application, you can access your essential personal documents on WhatsApp without hassles. All you need to do is to visit MyGov, a web portal designed to collaborate with several Government Ministries. It has a chatbot-based service that uses Digilocker to access important documents and send them to your registered mobile number.
You can get access to all the documents within a few seconds by accessing the MyGov helpdesk chatbox on your WhatsApp. To use this service, firstly you have to save these documents in Digilocker. Then verify these details via your WhatsApp number linked to your personal documents. The primary objective of this helpdesk is to make everything accessible in a few clicks.
Documents You Can Download Using WhatsApp Chatbox
The users can easily download the following documents using WhatsApp -
- Vehicle Registration Certificate (RC)
- Driving License (DL)
- Pollution Under Control Certificate (PUCC)
- Motor Vehicle Insurance Policy (both bike insurance policy and car insurance policy)
- PAN card
Steps to Download Bike Insurance Policy Via WhatsApp
Here are a few steps mentioned to download your two-wheeler insurance policy through WhatsApp-
- Sign up for a Digilocker account. For that, you will need your Aadhaar card details, contact number, email ID, and Date of Birth (DOB). Successfully create your account in Digilocker
- Next, you will access the new MyGov chatbox by sending a message 'Hi' or 'Digilocker' to +919013151515 through your WhatsApp
- Once you send this message, you will instantly get a response from the MyGov chatbox saying 'Welcome to Digilocker Services to download your documents'
- Then, provide your Digilocker account details by entering your Aadhar number. An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number to verify your account
- Once you have successfully verified your account by entering the OTP, you can download all the documents, including your bike insurance policy available in your Digilocker account.
Why Do You Need the Right Bike Insurance Policy?
Having the right bike insurance is not only to keep your vehicle financially covered, but it is important to stay on the right side of Indian Law. As per the Motor Vehicles Act, you must have at least third-party insurance to legally ride your bike. However, it is advised to get comprehensive bike insurance to cover both third-party liabilities and own damages.
If you are looking for a right two-wheeler insurance plan, you can visit the official website of Policybazaar Insurance Brokers Private Limited and compare multiple plans offered by various general insurance companies.
In India, WhatsApp is one of the most popular instant messaging apps offering multiple features to make the user experience better every day. As per the recent circular passed by Regional Transport and Highways, documents like DL, RC, PUCC, and vehicle insurance policies can be virtually presented via Digilocker to the traffic cops if asked. Moreover, for other assistance, you can easily download copies of the documents in your WhatsApp without any hassles.
Two Wheeler insurance articles
03 Nov 2023Bike insurance is an essential financial safety net in case of
03 Nov 2023Among all the bike insurance add-ons available in the market
25 Oct 2023When claiming on your bike insurance policy, you always look for
17 Oct 2023Tropical cyclones are prevalent, causing a huge loss of human
13 Oct 2023For two-wheeler owners, adequate coverage is crucial to keep