The best decision that you can make in low visibility conditions due to fog is avoiding travel. However, if you have to travel in such conditions, then you must follow the below-mentioned safety tips:
Safety Tips to Travel When Riding Two-Wheeler in Foggy Conditions
To avoid danger in low visibility condition because of fog, follow the below-mentioned safety tips:
- Maintain Safe Distance: The very first thing to consider while riding a bike in the foggy condition is to maintain a respectable distance from other bikes, cars, and vehicles on the road. By maintaining a distance, you can prevent any collision to occur. When you ride your bike in fog, you are at greater risk of collision as the driver who is in front of you can be forced to suddenly use his/her brakes because of low visibility. This situation can lead to a collision. Hence, it is recommended to keep a distance.
- Keep Your Two-Wheeler's Speed Low: Never ride your bike at high speed when the visibility is low. When you ride at a controlled speed, you become eligible to make use of the brake suddenly without any collision.
- Keep Visibility: The problem with low visibility and the dangers to ride in fog can be avoided by using reflective surfaces and safety gears. This equipment is designed to make your bike easily visible to other riders and drivers present on the road. This again reduces the chances of collision and keeps your bike and you safe on the road in foggy condition.
|You May like to Read: Safety Tips to Secure Your Two Wheeler this Winter|
- Keep Your Visor Clean: Maintain the cleanliness of your visor to ensure proper visibility. For the highest visibility, it is as well advised to treat it with anti-fogging agents. In addition to this, if you wear prescription specs, then ensure that they do not tint, photochromatic, or reflective as all this may hinder your visibility on the road.
- Brake Lights: It is necessary to tap your brake lights regularly so all the vehicles behind you can see you easily and be aware that you are present.
- Keep Your Fuel Tank Full: Ensure that your fuel tank is full when going on any journey because you do not want yourself to be without fuel in the middle of a journey. This is because searching for a petrol pump when the weather conditions are poor is troublesome. So, keep the tank of your two-wheeler full.
- Keep Your Left When Riding: When you ride on your left, you have sufficient place to move when someone tries to overtake you.
- Get a Suitable Bike Insurance Policy: Even though it is illegal to ride a bike without a bike insurance policy in India and you have to have at least third-party insurance to safeguard your bike. However, experts recommend purchasing a comprehensive insurance plan so that with third-party coverage, you get cover for yourself and your bike as well. Most of the bike insurance providers offer insurance plans online and you can purchase a bike insurance policy online for your bike as well.
- Keep Your Bike in Good Condition: The last point to consider here is the condition of your bike. You must keep your bike in good shape before hitting the roads. Regular servicing, engine oil change when needed, and tyre check are some of the tips to keep your bike in a good condition. This is because riding a bike that is not in good condition is really risky especially in foggy conditions.
- Use Hazard Lights: The visibility in thick fog can be as low as 10 meters. Though in such conditions it is recommended to not to travel but if this is not an option, then ensure to switch on the fog lamps headlights along with lights for hazard so that other drivers are able to see your bike from far.
- Take Familiar Root for Destination: In the bad weather conditions like fog, you must select the most familiar root for your destination. This is because, you know the condition of the roads of this route and you only have top concentrate on the weather here.
|You May like to Read: Best Bike Insurance Plan|
The Final Words!
Above everything, it is necessary that your bike is in fine condition and maintained properly. Keep all the above safety tips for riding a bike in foggy conditions in mind especially when you are traveling in foggy weather. By this, you can make sure the maximum safety of your bike as well as yourself. In addition to all this, do not get panic in case of an accident and contact your insurance provider as soon as possible. If you have a comprehensive two-wheeler insurance plan, then you can get coverage for your bike, if it is damaged. So, do not panic or worry while riding in foggy weather instead keep the above points in mind.
Two Wheeler insurance articles
03 Nov 2023Bike insurance is an essential financial safety net in case of
03 Nov 2023Among all the bike insurance add-ons available in the market
25 Oct 2023When claiming on your bike insurance policy, you always look for
17 Oct 2023Tropical cyclones are prevalent, causing a huge loss of human
13 Oct 2023For two-wheeler owners, adequate coverage is crucial to keep