Australia Tourist Visa
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 1379 -
Updated date : 16 July 2020
If you are planning to travel to Australia it is required to have a valid Australian visa to enter the country. If you are going there for a vacation you would need to apply for an Australia tourist visa from India. A tourist visa allows you to enter the country for holidays, recreation, visiting friends and family, and even for the purpose of sightseeing. As there is no visa on Arrival for Indian citizens, therefore you would need to apply for Australia tourist visa before your trip.
Australia Tourist Visa Important Information
- Processing Time- 20 to 25 working days
- Validity- Up to 1 year
- Period of Stay- Up to 90 days
- Type of Entry- Single/Multiple
How Can Indians Apply for a Tourist Visa to Australia Online?
To apply for Australia tourist visa you would need to fill and submit the visa application form. The form can be availed through Australian online portal.
You can submit your documents and lodge your Australia visa application through the ImmiAccount. Online application is the most effective and convenient of applying your Australia visa application. The process is quite simple, organized and helps you save time. You can download the application form from the above link.
Here’s how you can start your online visa application process:
- log in to the ‘ImmiAccount’
- Select ‘New Application’
- Select the Visa application from the list
- Agree to the terms and conditions
Online visa application allows you to complete your application anytime/anywhere. The department receives it directly from you. Moreover, it also allows you to check the current requirements and information online at the same time.
When applying for Australia tourist visa, make sure that you have the following information handy:
- Application form
- Visa application charges
- Booking details
- Bank statement copies (personal and business)
- Notarized copy of all pages of your current passport
- 2 recent passport sized photographs (45 mm x 35 mm)
- Document proof for any assets or funds that are held by you
- Taxation documents for the last three years
When filling your online application make sure that the information provided is true and there are no mistakes in the application process or any false information. It can lead to rejection of your Australia tourist visa. It is suggested that you consult visa services in case of any confusion.
You can check the current visa application charges for Indian travellers and any visa related queries through Australian online portal. For further details and queries, you can also get in touch with the Australian Embassy and Consulate in India:
|Consulates/ Embassy||Contact Details||Working Hours||Address|
|Australian High Commission||011-4139 9900||Mon-Fri (9:00AM–5:00 PM)
|1/50 G, Shanti path, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi, 110021|
Documents Required for Australia Tourist Visa for Indians
Documentation is an important part of any Visa procedure. Here are some of the documents required when applying for an Australia Tourist Visa for Indians:
- Your current passport should be valid for at least 6 months from your travel date
- Visa application form ( duly signed and filled)
- Proof of any old passports ( if any)
- Copy of Aadhar Card and PAN card
- Original bank statements of last six months
- Photocopy of your current passport with a notary on all the pages
- Retirement Form 16/ITR ( past 3 years)
- 2 passport size photographs with white background (matte finish)
- Itinerary proof/return flight ticket details
- Cover letter with travel details, passport details, etc. on your employer’s letterhead
- Past 3 months’ salary slips ( if employed)
- Accommodation/hotel proof in Australia ( as per the case)
- Financial document proof including fixed deposits, mutual funds, PPF, property documents, NSC, etc.
- Original leave letter on the company’s letterhead
- Company registration proof (if self-employed)
- Students need to provide ID card/NOC/bonafide letter from their college/school
- Children below the age of 18 years need to provide a notarized No-Objection-Certificate from any of the parents along with the parents’ passports.
Indian Embassy Information in Australia
In case of an emergency while in Australia, you can contact the Indian Embassy:
|Embassy||Address||Contact details||Working hours|
|Consulate General of India||Level 1, 265 Castlereagh Street Sydney, NSW 2000||+61-2-9223-2702||Mon–Fri (09:00 AM–5:30 PM)
Sat - Sun Closed
|Consulate General of India||344, St. Kilda Road, Melbourne, VIC 3000,||+613-96827836, 96825800||Mon–Fri (09:00 AM–5:30 PM)
Sat - Sun Closed
|Consulate General of India||Level 6, 12 St. Georges Terrace, Perth, WA 6000||+61892214205||Mon–Fri (09:00 AM–5:30 PM)
Sat - Sun Closed
Australia Tourist Visa - FAQS
Q1. Do Indians need to apply for an Australian Tourist Visa?
Ans: Australia tourist visa is required by every Indian citizen who is planning to travel to Australia for tourism purposes. To ensure that you get your visa on time, it is better to lodge your tourist visa application much ahead of your proposed travel date.
Q2. What are the requirements for Australia tourist visa applicants under the age of 18-years?
Ans: If you are under the age of 18-years and are applying for an Australian tourist visa you would need to furnish your parents or legal guardians consent as a proof. Additionally, you would need to provide the Identity proof of both the parents/guardians. And claims made in any other scenarios would also need specific evidence from the legal authority.
Q3.Can Indians get Australia tourist visa on arrival?
Ans: No, Australia tourist visa is not available on arrival for Indian citizens.
Q4. Can I make modifications in my application through my ImmiAccount?
Ans: Yes, the best part of online visa application is that you can edit your application in your ImmiAccount if it hasn’t been sent it for processing. You can fill a notification of incorrect answers on your online form within the ImmiAccount.
Q5. Is it possible to check the the progress of my Australia tourist visa application through my ImmiAccount?
Ans: You can go to my applications summary page/details page to check the progress of your online application through your ImmiAccount. You can also find out the Global Visa and Citizenship Processing standards online.
- Most Read