DHFL General Insurance
DHFL General Insurance Overview
Founded in the year 1984, Dewan Housing Finance Corporation Limited (DHFL) is one of the leading organisations that offering easy access to housing finance to fulfil the home-ownership aspirations of families come from middle and lower income category. The company is primarily known for offering housing loans, however, has been seen expanding its business into other segments as well like insurance. Its insurance business is backed by Wadhawan Global Capital under the leadership of Mr Kapil Wadhawan. It is the parent company to some of the other leading financial enterprises such as Aadhar Housing Finance, Avanse Financial Services, DHFL Pramerica Life Insurance, DHFL Pramerica Asset Managers and DHFL General Insurance, including Dewan Housing Finance Corporation Limited (DHFL), which is a market leader with three decades of experience in financing affordable housing.
DHFL General Insurance Company Vision and Values
The company’s vision is to enrich every life they touch feels secure and enriched.
The core values are:
- Customer Focus: Customers come first. They try to stay connected with their customers to build a deep and long-lasting relationship.
- Trust and Respect: Trust matters and the company ensures it by being dependable, honouring and by keeping their promises on. They show respect by recognising the potentials of their employees and keep appreciating the good work and the motivation alive.
- Passion to Win: They have bigger goals, a zeal for profit and always carry a CAN DO attitude. They look for setting a new benchmark.
- Innovation: DHFL General Insurance Limited strives to create differentiation in their offerings, infrastructure, process and deliver the ‘extra’ at an affordable rate.
- Agility: They are prompt and approachable and reliable at the same time.
DHFL General Insurance Products and Services
DHFL General Insurance offers a range of decisive products to serve the needs of people from every walk of life. The most sought-after products include:
DHFL Motor Insurance
It doesn’t matter whether you own a car or bike, it is essential to have your vehicle insured. Unlike other insurance, motor insurance is mandatory in India. DHFL General Insurance offers a quick, simple and easy insurance for your prized possession. With DHFL car insurance or DHFL two wheeler insurance, back your finances and enjoy the drive!
DHFL Health Insurance
Health insurance being the need of the hours, people start valuing its importance. However, buying the right type of health insurance can be daunting. One that suits the other may not suitable for you. With a plentiful of options, buying health insurance can be tedious. With DHFL General Insurance you can find health insurance crafted as per your needs at an affordable price. Apart from the obvious hospitalisation cover, the air ambulance cover, day-care procedure and low waiting period are some of the attractive features of this plan.
DHFL Travel Insurance
Travel insurance is something you’ll never buy unless it is one of the requisite of availing Visa for some countries. Well, even you buy it for your international trips, but what about those frequent train and road trips within India. Eventuality may knock your door anywhere, anytime, even you are in India. Travel insurance offered by DHFL General Insurance makes you pay for the fluff as it covers hospitalisation, baggage loss, loss of important documents such as passport, which can be easily available online.
DHFL Home Insurance
Buying the right house is not enough! It’s your responsibility to ensure that the property is in safe hands. In this regard, DHFL home insurance comes handy to keep your house safe against fire, property loss, terrorist activity and so on. Home insurance offered by DHFL General Insurance is designed and can be customised based on your house size, geography, and risk profile, which make sense for you.
DHFL General Insurance Plans: Bike Insurance
DHFL General Insurance limited offers two types of bike insurance- Third Party Insurance and Comprehensive Insurance. While third-party insurance pays liability expenses that are on the insured in case of accidental damage, injury or death to a third party, the comprehensive insurance offers overall coverage to the insured vehicle.
DHFL Bike Insurance at a Glance:
Third Party Insurance
Available as a single policy and well as long term policy with 3-years cover
Mandatory cover that is helpful in paying the liability expenses
Covers the insured vehicle and pay for the own damage
The insured vehicle is not cover while pays for the claim raised by a third party
Avail 38% discount (up to) on a Long Term two wheeler insurance policy
Property damage up to Rs. 7.5 lakh
Personal accident cover of Rs. 1 lakh can be available
Legal liabilities towards the paid driver is covered
DHFL General Insurance Bike Insurance Add-on Covers
DHFL two wheeler insurance can be customised as per your insurance requirements. In order to provide you with the maximum policy coverage, the DHFL General Insurance offers add-on covers that match your expectation. Some of the add-ons covers that you can club with your DHFL bike insurance include:
- Consumable Expenses Cover: Consumables such as screws, engine oil, nuts and bolts, fuel filter, lubricants, brake oil, and grease can add up to the overall expense. With consumable expense cover along with DHFL bike insurance, you can save yourself from paying an additional amount in case of repair, as consumables are not covered under basic two wheeler insurance offered by DHFL general insurance.
- Road Side Assistance: With Road Side Assistance cover offered along with DHFL bike insurance, you can avoid being stuck in the middle of a journey. Under this cover, instance assistance such as towing of the vehicle to the nearest garage, emergency fuel load, battery jump start, breakdown phone assistance, arrangement for a spare key, alternative transport and accommodation can be availed in case the insured gets stuck in between.
- Zero Depreciation Cover: DHFL two wheeler insurance with a zero depreciation cover helps to avail the complete value of the vehicle in case of damage or total loss. With this cover, the depreciated parts can be covered.
- Engine Protection Cover: What if the bike engine get damaged due to water makes it way inside or leakage of oil that leads to engine damage. With engine protection cover to back your DHFL bike insurance can be handy in covering those additional expenses.
- Accidental Cover: Accidental cover offered by DHFL General Insurance ensures that the medical expenses during an accident don’t add to your pains.
- Hospital Cash Benefit: As the name says, this cover is designed to provide a fixed amount during a hospitalization. This is applicable for a period of 5 days where the insured can avail a fixed amount apart from the medical expenses.
- EMI Protector: With this cover along with DHFL two wheeler insurance, you can cover the bike EMI for 3 months. With this, if there is something important lined up when the EMI date is due at the same time, the situation can be handled with ease.
- Outstanding Loan Protector: In case of accidental death of the insured, the cover ensures the repayment of outstanding dues such as loan EMIs, offering the much-needed mental peace to the family during a hardship.
- NCB (No Claim Bonus) Protector: Just a single claim and your entire accrued NCB bonus will go in vain. With NCB protector offered by DHFL general insurance, you can protect the obtained NCB benefit.
- Enhanced Owner Personal Accident: Accidents can happen without notice. With this enhanced cover, you can be financially covered for disability or accidental demise.
- Enhanced Pillion Rider Personal Accident: This rider benefit extends coverage to pillion rider, where the policy pays up to a certain limit in case of accidental disability or death of the pillion rider. The Family gets the benefit.
DHFL General Insurance Claim Process
DHFL General Insurance when comes with easy to buy process, it always encourages easy to claim insurance, whether it is motor, health, travel or home insurance. Though it ensures an easy claim process, to register a claim the following steps need to be followed:
1. Motor Claim
In case of accidental damage, you can claim the DHFL two wheeler insurance by availing cashless benefit at any of the network garage. The process will be-
Step 1: Claim Registration
Immediately inform the insured by calling on the toll-free number 18001230004. You can write them to firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting the customer portal at www.dhflinsurance.com. you can use their mobile app to register the claim or personally visit the nearest branch.
Step 2: Send the Vehicle for Repair
The next step is to take your damaged vehicle to a nearby garage for repair. Carry the required documents along with. The surveyor will investigate the damage and estimate the loss. The following documents are required:
- Duly filled and signed the claim Co’s seal needs to be affixed in case of a firm or company
- Original and duplicate copy of the registration certificate
- Copy of driving license, original will be required for verification. In case the person driving the vehicle is found without a DL, the insurance can’t be claimed
- Police Report or FIR in case of partial theft, third party damage, death, disability, injury
- KYC documents will be required if the claim amount exceeds Rs. 1 lakh. You can submit address proof & ID proof
Step 3: Claim Settlement
On the basis of the report made by the surveyor after receiving the documents and estimating the loss, the claim will be settled accordingly. The surveyor may re-inspect the vehicle once the repair is done. DHFL General Insurance will issue CAC (Claim Amount Confirmation) on receipt of the original repair bill.
Step 3: Delivery of the Vehicle
The delivery of the vehicle can be done after paying the share of claim if any. You’ll have to submit the Satisfaction letter signed by you at the time of taking the delivery of the repaired vehicle. The payment will be received from the insurer’s end within 7 days directly to the garage.
In Case of Third-Party Claim
Step 1: Claim Registration
Similar to accidental claim you will have to intimate the insurer about the loss. Immediately inform the insured by calling on the toll-free number 18001230004. You can write them to mycare[@]dhflinsurance[.]com or by visiting the customer portal at www[.]dhflinsurance[.]com. you can use their mobile app to register the claim or personally visit the nearest branch.
Step 2: Documentation
The documentation process includes submitting the filled claim form along with the supporting documents.
Step 3: Claim Settlement
Third party claims are settled via Motor Accident Claim Tribunal Court. The court decides to amount to be paid as compensation after legal proceedings. Most of the cases the settlement is done outside the court with a mutual agreement between the two parties involved in the accident.
2. Standard Fire & Special Perils Claim
Step 1: Claim Registration
Immediately inform the insured by calling on the toll-free number 18001230004. You can write them to mycare[@]dhflinsurance[.] or by visiting the customer portal at www[.]dhflinsurance[.]com.. you can use their mobile app to register the claim or personally visit the nearest branch
Step 2: Documentation
In order to ensure a safe and smooth claim with DHFL General Insurance, the below documents needs to be submitted:
- Duly completed and signed the claim form
- First Information Report (FIR) & Final Police Report, if required
- Fire Brigade Report, if any
- Photographs of the damages taken by the insured
- Detailed list of loss with amount/repair estimate
- Policy copy
- Original repair or replacement bills
- KYC documents in case of the claim above Rs. 1 lakh.
- The insurer may ask for any other document that supports your claim
Step 3: Survey and Claim Settlement
After receiving the claim request, the claim assisting officer will call within 4 hours. A surveyor will investigate the case and access the loss. He/she will visit the place of the incident within 1 working day and collect the necessary documents supporting the claim.
Once the repair is done, you will need to submit the original bills or repair invoice, receipt of payment to the surveyor. The claim approved claim amount will be released within 7 working days from the receiving date of your documents.
3. Group Critical Illness or Personal Accident
If a claim arises, immediately inform the insured by calling on the toll-free number 18001230004. You can write them to mycare[@]dhflinsurance[.]com or by visiting the customer portal at www[.]dhflinsurance[.]com. you can use their mobile app to register the claim or personally visit the nearest branch, with the following information:
- Policy Number
- Name of the insured
- Date & place of occurrence of critical illness/accident
- Details of critical illness/accident
4. Group Health Indemnity
For claim related queries, you should contact the concerned TPA. Your health card contains the list of TPA, to know yours, please refer the backside of the health card.
Awards & Recognitions
DHFL General Insurance has been awarded many recognition, some of them include:
- Iconic Brand Award by the Economic Times-2018-19
- The Best Performing Primary Lending Institute under CLSS for MIG by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Govt. of India-2018-19
- Golden Globe Tigers Award for the most admired services-2017-18
- Gold at the ACEF Award for Home Loan Dil Se campaign-2017-18
- Gold Award for the CSR Campaign delivering Hope-2017-18
- National Award for Marketing Excellence by Times Network-2017-18
- Dream Company to Work for Ward by World HRD Congress and CHRO ASIA
- Grand Pix Award-2017-18
DHFL General Insurance Renewal
DHFL General Insurance ensures hassle-free renewal of every insurance policy. When insurance can be availed online, the insurer makes its products renewable online too. Whether it is DHFL home insurance, DHFL bike insurance or DHFL car insurance, you can get it renewed within a few clicks. Visit the official website of DHFL general insurance, select the policy you want to renew, provide the necessary details and pay the premiums. While renewing the policy you can compare the policy with the other available option and renew accordingly.
Premium Payment Process
The premium can be paid online or offline by visiting a branch. When you go with the online process, the billing name, billing address and payment method are collected at the time of buying a policy. However, the details of credit or debit card such as a number of the card or expiry date or other related information, pertaining to the card will be obtained by the online partner of DHFL General Insurance.
The Fast Facts
Do you know you can reduce your premium without lowering your cover? The 3 tips to reduce it:
- Avoid modifications
- Become a member of Automobile Association of India
- Refrain from making small claims
DHFL General Insurance FAQ's
Q1. What is the procedure to intimate a health claim with DHFL Health Insurance?
In case of planned or emergency hospitalisation, you should inform the TPA. You can call on the toll-free number or email them at email@example.com. The contact details are available on your health card and policy document.
Q2. What is Cashless Hospitalisation?
The cashless claim is a facility offered by DHFL General Insurance, where the insured can avail treatment free of cost from any of the network hospitals. The incurred expenses are settled directly by the insurer. The TPA complete the formalities regarding the cashless hospitalisation.
Q3. Do I need to serve 30 days waiting period to claim health insurance from DHFL General Insurance?
There is no waiting period as such if any claim made within the initial 30 days of policy period is subjected to 30% of co-payment.
Q4. Is there any standard waiting period to cover specific illnesses?
No, there is no 2 years of waiting period for specific illness, as a co-payment of 30% is levied on the insured.
Q5. Is Pre-existing Disease covered from day one?
By paying 30% of co-pay, the insured can cover pre-existing ailments from day 1 under health insurance offered by DHFL General Insurance. The co-payment is payable at the time of every claim.
Q6. Is there any sub-limit on hospital room, boarding and nursing expenses under the Policy?
DHFL health insurance applies 1% of policy sum insured for normal and 1.5% cap for ICU room, boarding and nursing expenses.
Q7. Is long term two wheeler insurance the right decision?
Long-term two wheeler insurance can be a wise decision. This policy covers the insured vehicle against accidental emergencies for multiple years. With this policy, the insured can be relieved from the headache of renewing the policy every year. Moreover, by availing this policy one can stay away from the 20% hike levied by IRDA every year. With the recent announcement made by IRDA, the newly bought two-wheelers have to be insured with five-year policy.
Q8. What the required documents to register a bike claim?
The below documents need to be furnished at the time of a motor claim with DHFL General Insurance:
- Repair Invoice
- Duly Filled Claims Form
- Vehicle insurance copy
- Copy of RC book (Registration Certificate)
- Copy of DL of the person driving the bike
- Proof of paid road tax
- Police FIR (If required)
Q9. How is my two wheeler insurance premium calculated?
Your DHFL two wheeler insurance policy premium is calculated factoring the below things:
- IDV of your vehicle
- Your existing NCB.
- The age of your bike.
- The capacity of your bike’s engine.
Q10. What is NCB in DHFL two wheeler insurance?
NCB mean no claim bonus. It is a discount offered by the insurer for not claiming your insurance with DHFL General Insurance. The bonus can be earned as a discount on the premiums of the subsequent year or an increase in the sum insured.
Q11. Is it possible to transfer my two wheeler insurance without losing the NCB benefit?
Yes, you can transfer your existing policy to DHFL two wheeler insurance without losing the accumulated NCB benefit. Just complete the formalities regarding the same with your insurer and remain benefited.
Q12. What are the documents required to buy DHFL two wheeler insurance?
The below documents are required to buy bike insurance from DHFL General Insurance:
- Your bike’s registration papers
- Copies of your driving license
- Old insurance policy document in case of porting a policy
- Valid address proof
- Photo-Id proof
- Aditya Birla General Insurance
- Apollo Munich General Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
- Bharti AXA General Insurance
- Cholamandalam MS General Insurance
- Digit General Insurance
- Edelweiss General Insurance
- Future Generali General Insurance
- HDFC ERGO General Insurance
- IFFCO Tokio General Insurance
- Kotak Mahindra General Insurance
- Liberty General Insurance
- ManipalCigna General Insurance
- Max Bupa General Insurance
- National General Insurance
- New India Assurance General Insurance
- Oriental General Insurance
- Raheja QBE General Insurance
- Reliance General Insurance
- Royal Sundaram General Insurance
- SBI General Insurance
- Shriram General Insurance
- Star Health and Allied General Insurance
- Tata AIG General Insurance
- United India General Insurance
- Universal Sompo General Insurance
- How to Check Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Claim Status?
- Type of General Insurance Policies Offered by Indian Insurers
- Top Reasons Why You Should Buy General Insurance in India
- How to Pay SBI General Insurance Premium Online?
- Top Reasons to Buy General Insurance from Universal Sompo
- Liberty General Insurance Company - A Quick Review