National Insurance Company LimitedIncurred Claim Ratio - 96*
National Insurance Company Overview
National Insurance Company is the second largest non-life insurance company in India. It is one of the oldest insurance companies in India, having a viable market presence in Northern and Eastern regions of the country. Its product segment includes a multitude of general insurance plans, offered to a wide arena of clients encompassing different sections of the society. Headquartered in Kolkata, West Bengal, National Insurance has gained recognition as a leading general insurance company in the Asia Pacific region. The company has successfully grabbed a place for itself among top global business insurance companies.
National Insurance Company was formed in December 6, 1906. Consequent to passing of the General Insurance Business Nationalization Act in 1972, 21 foreign companies and 11 Indian companies were merged with National Insurance and it became a subsidiary of General Insurance Corporation of India (GIC). On 2002, National Insurance de-linked from GIC and currently, it is operating as an independent entity, wholly owned by Govt. of India.
Some of the reputed awards earned by National Insurance are:
- Indian Insurance Awards for best under-served market penetration
- Top 100 CISCO Awards 2012
- Digital Inclusion Award 2012
National Insurance Company offers a wide range of policies to target different sectors like:
- Personal Insurance Policy: It includes medical insurance, auto insurance and property insurance
- Rural Insurance: It provides protection to agriculture and rural businesses against natural disasters
- Industrial Insurance: It offers protection to industrial goods against theft, fire, etc.
- Commercial Insurance: It provides protection against loss and damage of property during transit
National Insurance Company Product Portfolio
National insurance company health plans provide a variety of health plans to choose from. You can choose to insure your family too. Don't let your health bills escalate beyond control. You can manage a medical emergency with a good health insurance plan.
- National Parivar Mediclaim: The National Parivar Mediclaim policy is a floater policy that covers the entire family including the insured, his or her spouse, dependent children and parents under one sum insured. The sum insured can range from Rs. 1-10 lakh in multiples of Rs. 1 lakh. Minimum policy period is 1 year while the maximum is for 3 years. The policy comes with lifelong renewability.
- National Parivar Mediclaim Plus: The National Parivar Mediclaim Plus plan is a unique product with many innovative features offering coverage as high as Rs. 50 lakh. It covers the family including the insured, his or her spouse, children and parents and parents-in-law under one floater sum insured. The policy comes with lifelong renewability. The minimum policy period is 1 year while the maximum tenure is 3 years.
- National Mediclaim Plus Policy: The National Mediclaim Plus Policy offers a comprehensive coverage by going beyond traditional health covers. It offers protection against high health care costs and makes health care and related services easily accessible. The policy provides for pre-, post- and in-hospitalisation expenses and also includes cover for day care treatment. Expenses for allopathic, ayurvedic and homoeopathic treatment are payable up to the sum insured.
- Parivar Mediclaim: The Parivar Mediclaim policy provides protection to families against the financial burden of treatment in hospitals for illnesses, diseases and accidental injuries. It is a floater policy where the entire family including the insured, his or her spouse and two dependent children are covered under a single floater sum insured.
- National Mediclaim Policy: The National Mediclaim Policy is available to persons between ages of 18 and 65 years, and covers hospitalisation expenses incurred for treatment of illness, disease and injury that the insured contracts or sustains during the policy period. The policy has a lifelong renewability option and covers 140+ day care procedures/surgeries.
Car insurance plans from National Insurance company offer good coverage at competitive premium. You can compare various plans on PolicyBazaar and choose the one that fits your bill. Remove the blindfold and take an informed decision. You will not only save money but also get a comprehensive plan.
The two-wheeler insurance policy from National Insurance company is a comprehensive plan and takes into account all the possibilities that may damage your ride. The elaborate two-wheeler policy provides protection against theft, damage on road or during transit, etc. Opt for a National Insurance company plan and enjoy the pleasures of riding around on your bike without any fear!
National Travel insurance plans give you the benefit of travelling with confidence by indemnifying you against loss or damage to personal effects such as clothing, etc.
- Overseas Mediclaim Business and Holiday: Overseas Mediclaim Policy is a package policy covering various travel emergencies when travelling abroad. It is available for three categories of travellers – business or holiday, employment or study, and corporate frequent travellers. Claim assistance is available from international service providers.
- Overseas Mediclaim Employment and Studies: Overseas Mediclaim Employment and Studies is a policy available to three categories of travellers covering travel emergencies faced abroad. It is available to travellers on business or holiday, those travelling for employment or study, and corporate frequent travellers. The premium has to be paid in Indian rupees except in the case of employment.
An average person is able to buy one house in a lifetime, which is turned into a dream home with a lot of effort. Isn't it wise to protect your sweet home from any unseen eventuality? National Home Insurance policy is an ideal product to buy for insuring your home. The plan is very comprehensive and covers personal accident including medical expenses as well, apart from the damages, which has been sustained by your house.
- Householders Insurance: Householders Insurance is a packaged policy providing a range of covers required by a house owner. The property value is determined by multiplying the built up area with the cost of construction per square feet. The household contents must be valued as per their market value and electrical items at their replacement value for them to be included in the policy.
Personal Accident Insurance policy from National Insurance provides your beneficiary with a death benefit in the unfortunate event of your accidental death and also provides you with cover against permanent disability on account of an accident. It is advised that each person buys such a policy because yesterday is history, today is a gift and tomorrow a mystery.
- Individual Personal Accident: Individual Personal Accident insurance policy provides death benefit to the beneficiary in the unfortunate event of accidental death of the insured. It also provides the insured with cover against permanent total disablement on account of an accident. This policy can be taken by any adult residing in India to covering himself/herself and dependent family members between the ages of 5 and 70 years.
- Janata Personal Accident: The Janata Personal Accident policy covers any person irrespective of gender, occupation and profession in the age group of 10 to 70 years for death, permanent total disablement and permanent partial disablement. The policy is available for a minimum sum insured of Rs. 25000 per person per annum while the maximum sum insured is limited to Rs. 100000 per person per annum.
National Rural Insurance Plans by National Insurance Company:
National Insurance provides various policies to insure the rural population of India including farmers, tradesmen and other dwellers.
- Gramin Suswasthya Microinsurance Policy: The micro-insurance plan provides cover to the lower income class and insures against hospitalisation expenses of the entire family. It also provides personal accident cover to the insured and his/her spouse.
- Gramin Suraksha Bima Policy: The micro-insurance policy protects the lower income group against bodily injuries resulting solely and directly from accidents caused by outward violent and visible means.
National Industrial Insurance Plans by National Insurance Company:
The industrial insurance plans from National Insurance cover against any losses that may occur during the normal course of business in industrial units.
- Machinery Insurance
- Contractor All Risk
- Electronic Equipment Insurance
National Commercial Insurance Plans by National Insurance Company:
National Insurance Company offers a variety of plans for the commercial sector.
- Standard Fire and Special Perils
- Shopkeepers Insurance
- Credit Insurance
It is advisable to compare all National insurance plans with plans from other general insurance companies in India to choose the best insurance plan that suits you the most.
National Insurance Company Distribution Network:
It has more than 200 policies, 1000 offices and 16,000 employees who sell and service the insurance requirements of people across the length and breadth of India.
National Insurance Online Renewal
Gone are the days when insurance holders had to stand in long queues to pay their policy renewal premiums. With the growing internet awareness nationwide, people nowadays prefer online payment of insurance premium. It's quite simple and a lot easier to renew your existing national insurance company policy online than buying a new one. National Insurance Company provides you with a user-friendly platform to renew your existing national insurance company policy in order to ensure that you stay covered. For this, you just need to take certain simple steps.
National insurance company online renewal process is quick and trouble-free. In fact, the online renewal way is simple and globally accessible at the same time. You can pay the renewal premium directly to the national insurance company in a more convenient and much faster way. So, why go offline when you can stay online? Choose this ever-so-convenient way to pay the premium and stay insured always.
Procedure to Renew National Insurance Policy Online
The process of your National insurance company online renewal has made insurance renewal steps very easy by offering online renewal service to its clients. National Insurance Company facilitates online renewal of its insurance policies in a few simple steps. All you need to do is follow the below procedure:
- You need to visit the customer portal of National Insurance Company's website and go to the renewal option
- Once you click on the renewal option, you will be redirected to the online renewal page
- You need to provide your current National Insurance policy number and other required details
- You can pay your National Insurance renewal premium online through Internet banking or use a Debit/Credit card for the same
On successful national insurance company renewal, you will receive the policy copy in your mailbox. Or else, you can log into your NIC customer portal and download the policy copy online.
Remember! If you have an insurance policy with some other insurer and want to renew it with National Insurance Company, you can do that as well. All you have to do is log onto NIC's website and visit to the relevant page, provide your policy details before the due date, and you do not lose any of your accumulate benefits.
National Insurance Company - Latest News
An order was issued by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA) India, in first of its hue accomplishment in the insurance sector, against the Manalur Sandilya. It was stated that National Insurance Company Ltd’s official actuary has understated the claims by 4000 crores.
It is said by the regulator that the actuary’s under-reserving has emerged in the deficit in the IBNR, i.e. Incurred But Not Reported Claims Reserve, of Rs. 4,263 crores, that was given away in the fiscal statements of insurance company as on March 31, 2016. The appointing of the actuary as an adviser to the hired actuary was also terminated and expelled him from undertaking United India Insurance’s work for the month of March 2016. The work of Sandilya will not be recognised or acknowledged by the IRDA for two years.
As per the orders by the IRDA, the actuary can’t independently take the decision of understating the figures of IBNR in “insured’s interests” name, without any consultation with the insurer’s board and the IRDA. If the correct and complete picture is given by the actuary on the reserves of IBNR, it would have facilitated the insurer’s board to take appropriate corrective and timely actions by consulting with the IRDA for saving the interest of insured, it said.
IRDA also said that international practices like discounted value of IBNR and fair value adjustment only when emerged in a huge decline in the IBNR worth Rs. 4,263 crores. He, however, has paid no attention to the different international practices, which are usually used with reasonable value discounting and adjustment of IBNR like making particular allowance for every risk (for instance, data inadequacy) that would have emerged in the amplification in reserves of IBNR, said IRDA.
As per what Sanath Kumar, the Chairman and Managing Director of the state-owned National Insurance Company said on Tuesday, the company might get hit by a loss of ₹80 crore this financial year. The losses are expected to occur due to the settlement of claims made by Chennai floods’ victims.
The company has reported a loss of ₹400 crore which includes ₹80 crore paid towards the calims of Chennai floods’ victims.
During a press conference, Mr. Kumar said, “We had reinsured most of the risk and the net loss post claims because of the Chennai floods will be to the tune of ₹80 crore.”
As per Sanath, the Kolkata-headquartered insurance company is expected to earn an interest income of ₹2,654 crore from its losses and underwriting losses are amounting to ₹1,500 crore.
Further Kumar said that the profit before tax for the financial year 2015 was at Rs. 1,196 crore and that the company is expecting a growth of 10 per cent this fiscal.
National Insurance Company Limited (India), a leading Kolkata-based public insurance company in India, has received stable ratings of B++ (Good) for financial strength rating and bbb+ issuer credit rating from A.M. Best, a globally recognized ratings company focused on the insurance sector. Both of these ratings represent a stable outlook for the company.
Factors that augmented National Insurance Company Limited (India)’s market position included its robust risk-adjusted capitalization, moderate leverage of premiums and overall profitability. At the end of the 2015 fiscal, the insurer’s capital position stood at Rs. 126 billion, making the company emerge as India’s second biggest direct non-life insurer.
Some key areas where National Insurance Company Limited (India) needs to improve include unsatisfactory underwriting of results and the company’s susceptibility with respect to fair value movements. The company may be downgraded if the insurer’s investment results witness a decline or if its current underwriting performance worsens in the future.
Director and General Manager of GIC Re, K Sanath Kumar, was appointed as CMD of National Insurance Company (NIC) based in Kolkata. This decision was made on 18th February, 2016 i.e. Friday. Sanath Kumar confirmed the development and stated that he has taken over as the Chairman and Managing Director of NIC as per the orders of the government.
He further added that he will be incumbent till April 30, 2018. The top post of NIC was vacant since the retirement of N S R Chandraprasad from the post of CMD of National Insurance Company in February 2014. Since then, the acting CMDs were managing this state-run general insurance company. The additional charge of acting as the CMD of National Insurance Company was held by Rajesh Aggarwal, Joint Secretary, Ministry of Finance, for a period of more than more than one year.
National Insurance Company, a key non-life state-operated insurance provider, has been named as one of the providers of the insurance pool mandated by the CLND Act. The Civil Liability for Nuclear Damage Act features clauses that enable the operator to take legal recourse against their suppliers, had earlier raised concerns among key players of India’s fledgling industry.
In order to alleviate such concerns the government created an insurance pool valued at Rs 1,500 which includes the policies to be sold by the National Insurance Company. The key policies to be offered by National Insurance Company and others in the pool would include a special contingency policy for nuclear suppliers’ against right to recourse and nuclear operators’ liability insurance policy. This announcement follows the recent agreement between India and Russia to allot a second site for a Russian-built nuclear power plant in India.
National Insurance Company, the majority holder in National Health Insurance, has emerged as one of the leaders in the Indian health insurance sector. Driven by growing healthcare costs, during the 2014 to 2015 financial year, the health insurance segment witnessed 15% year on year growth.
National Health Insurance along with three other Indian public insurance companies accounted for 64% of total premium collected in the health insurance segment in 2014-2015 fiscal. These statistics were revealed in the most recent annual report published by the IRDAI (Insurance Regulatory & Development Authority of India) report.
The report also provided additional data including a drop in the market share of private non-life insurance players to 22% during the 2014 to 2015 fiscal. Taking the current report into account, it is evident that that in the past 5 years, total premium collected by health insurers like National Health Insurance from individual policies has increased to 44% as compared to the 35% recorded by IRDAI in 2010-2011.
- Apollo Munich General Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
- Bharti AXA General Insurance
- Cholamandalam MS General Insurance
- Cigna TTK General Insurance
- Future Generali General Insurance
- HDFC ERGO General Insurance
- IFFCO Tokio General Insurance
- Liberty General Insurance
- Max Bupa General Insurance
- New India Assurance General Insurance
- Oriental General Insurance
- Raheja QBE General Insurance
- Reliance General Insurance
- Royal Sundaram General Insurance
- SBI General Insurance
- Shriram General Insurance
- Star Health and Allied General Insurance
- Tata AIG General Insurance
- Universal Sompo General Insurance
- A Comprehensive Guide to Insurance - Life and General
- 10 Key Income Tax Rule Changes that will be Effective from 1st April 2018
- Govt to Merge 3 General Insurance Companies
- IRDAI to Give New Licenses to More Players in General Insurance
- Reinsurance Regulations are coming by February End - IRDAI Chairman T S Vijayan
- IRDA Norms for Brokers are to Change Soon
National Insurance Company Limited Reviews
Better To Have Two Wheeler Policy
I have two wheeler insurance policy which is low in premiums and claims are high which can be easily sanctioned. Good national general insurance company provides me best benefits. Service is fast and even tow service is free of cost.
Important Policy, Can't Be Ignored
Car insurance policy is very much needed as any other insurance policy. I bought mine from national general insurance. Service is perfect which is given by the executives of the company. The online renewal facility is fantastic and easy to operate online portal.
Premium of my bike insurance plan is less and returns are high. Thanks national general insurance company for the service which is never late, always on time. Coverage is good and claims are easy to get. Online renewals are best service which is very simple to do through online portal website of the company.
National Car Insurance
Good to have car insurance in low price from national general insurance company ltd. The premium is less and returns are high. Coverage is maximum even the tow car service is free of cost at any area or location. Each and every part of the car is insured under the policy except the tires. Claims are easy to make because the service is fast given by the executives of the company.
National general insurance is one of the best insurers and i have purchased two wheeler insurance plan. Service you provided is fantastic and behaviour of the staff is very nice. Online renewal is very much possible through online portal service and it is very simple to access by anybody.
"Dream Come True"
I have the best car insurance policy which i purchased from national general insurance. Policy gave me the best coverage and claims are high which can be sanctioned easily. Service is fabulous given by executives and staff members of the company.
I have two wheeler insurance policy plan which come's in less investment and it has low premiums too. The policy coverage and claims are high and sanctioning claims is very simple because of fast service given by the executives of the insurance company.
I have car insurance policy which is very good and has low premiums. The policy coverage is high and it covers maximum parts except tires. Service is fantastic and tow facility is provided at any location for free of cost. Renewals is easy to make through online portal. Updates of the insurance policy is mailed regularly to me.
My vehicle is secure with national two wheeler insurance policy. Tow facility is available at any location for free of cost. Good number of garages for fast service. The whole vehicle is secure except tires and fiber body part of the vehicle.
The policy i have is for my new bike which come's in less investments and the paybacks are high. Policy coverage is high ~90% and claims are even better. Service provided is fantastic and large number of garages are working 24X7.
The national general insurance is one of the best insurance company. I buy car insurance plan from them in less investment and the refunds and benefits are much more than that. The updates and renewals are easy to make through websites and online portals.
My car insurance plan is from national insurance company. The policy covers maximum expenditure and the claims are easy to sanctioned. Car tires are not included in the insurance policy but rather than this all other parts are secure.
National two wheeler insurance policy i have is great and it come's in low investment. The service is fast which is given by the staff of the company. Policy premium is less and returns are high. Claiming is easy because of executives and members.
Two Wheeler Insurance
My two wheeler insurance is good insurance plan. The policy coverage is high and claims are the best. The service is fast and on time facilitate by the executives and company members. The vehicle is secure excluding tires.
Car insurance policy of mine is fantastic and it provides the best benefits and customer services. Policy coverage is high ~90% and the claims are even better. Claiming become easy due to fast service given by the executives and staff members. Except tires my vehicle is insured. Fully Satisfied.
National general insurance company is very good one which facilitate the best services and the investments is also less. Policy cover maximum expenditures and the car is fully insured in the policy. Updates and renewals are done on website of the company which reduces paperwork and documentations.
I have bought national two wheeler insurance plan with great benefits. The policy coverage is high and the claims are even better. The premiums are low and the service facilitate by the executives and staff members is really very nice. The tow facility is provided for free of cost.
I buy national travel insurance plan. The policy coverage is high and the claims are even better. Luggage and accidental benefits are inbuilt in the policy plan. Good service facilitate by the executives and staff members. Daily updates are send to my accounts. But the tickets return refunds are not available. Nice work, i like it.
I have national insurance personal accident plan. The policy coverage is high and the premium is low. Service is fast that's why the claiming get easy. The ambulance is facilitate for free of charges. Behaviour of the executives and staff members is very good.
My house is secure with national home insurance plan. The policy coverage is high and the premium is low. Service is fast which is facilitate by the executives and staff members. Good number of items and belonging included in the policy. I like the plan.
I buy national car insurance for my new car. The policy is great and the policy premiums is very low. The policy coverage is high and the claims are even better. Good policy plan which facilitate tow car for free. The behaviour of the executives is very nice. I like the policy.
My health insurance policy has been taken from National Health Insurance. I had undergone with an accident which got covered by National health insurance. The insurance also covered all kinds of major diseases. The premium I used to pay was 2000 on the yearly basis. The customer services provided by them are also good and the whole procedure is simple and easy to great into.