- Rs. 5 Lakh Coverage @ Rs. 12.9/Day*
*Standard T&C Apply
- 7 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 10,000+Hospitals for Cashless Treatment
Top 5 Points You Should Know About E-Insurance Accounts
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 26764 -
Updated date : 21 November 2017
How’d it be if you could manage all your insurance policies, including life insurance and health insurance policies, at one place?
Well consider yourself very lucky because now you have E-insurance easily available at your disposal.
You might be wondering:
“What is an E-Insurance Policy?”
An E-Insurance is like a repository where you can manage all your life insurance, health insurance policy and other insurance policies, at one place. All the policies that are stored in e-insurance accounts are referred to e-insurance policies.
Having an e-insurance policy saves you from the unnecessary paperwork. It safeguards you against policy loss or theft.
The Best Part?
You can access your policy anytime, anywhere you want, and in a matter of a few seconds and a few clicks.
We’re sure you’re all excited to know more about e-insurance policies. So brace yourself, for we’re going to pull back the curtain and share the features and benefits of e-insurance with you.
Bonus: You are also going to learn how to open an e-insurance account here.
Features of an E-Insurance Account:
- An individual can only have one E-insurance account in his/her name.
- One can keep all their electronic insurance policies including life, pension, general or health insurance policies, even from multiple insurers, in the same account.
- Every e-insurance account is assigned a unique account number that can be used for all correspondence.
- When buying an online insurance policy, one can simply insert his/her unique e-insurance account number in their proposal form and send it with a request to issue the policy in electronic format.
- As KYC documents are already verified by one’s insurance repository, one does not need to fill the KYC form and submit the documents again.
- A unique login ID and password is provided to every account holder to provide access to their e-insurance accounts.
We’re sure you’re looking to know the benefits of e-insurance accounts.
We’re bringing the noise.
5 Benefits of E-Insurance Accounts
There are several benefits of having an e-insurance account. Here are just 5 of the many benefits:
1. Safety and Security
Having an online insurance policy has its own perks. It safeguards your insurance policy from theft and loss. Since it is in an electronic form, you can access your insurance policy anywhere, anytime you want because it is just a click away.
2. One Time KYC Submission
Thanks to your e-insurance account number, you don’t have to submit KYC documents every time you buy a fresh insurance policy. All you need is to mention your online insurance account number and it’s done.
One single online insurance account is adequate to buy various insurance plans from a variety of insurers, how convenient is that?
4. Easy Premium Payments
When your online insurance account is opened and its status is active, you can make payment for your Insurance premium Online with the help of your account. You don’t have to wait and waste your time in the long queues to pay the premium of your insurance through cash or cheques.
5. Easy Tracking of Your Policies
The insurance repository sends the insured person a yearly statement of his account with the details of all the insurance policies held by him/her. It makes it easier for the insured person to monitor his/her insurance policies.
Now that you know the benefits of e-insurance, it’s almost time to open an e-insurance account.
Before you do, make sure to read the step-by-step instructions below to open an e-insurance account…
How to Open E-Insurance Account?
Opening an e-insurance account is a simple and easy process. All you need to do is to tackle the step-by-step guide below:
Step 1: Download E-Insurance Account opening form of your preferred Insurance Repository.
Step 2: Fill the form and attach self-attested copy of KYC documents.
Step 3: Submit the forms along with self-attested documents to your preferred insurance repository.
KYC Documents Required for Opening an E-Insurance Account
In order to open an online insurance account, all you need is to submit the following documents.
- Your Latest Passport Size Photo
- A Cancelled Cheque
- Any one of the following KYC (Know Your Customer) documents:
- Identity Proof- Voter Identity Card, PAN Card or Aadhaar Card.
- Address Proof- Ration Card, Driving License, Aadhaar Card etc.
- Date of Birth Document- Ration card, PAN Card, Domicile Certificate, etc.
Once your submitted application is accepted, an account number along with the login id and password will be allotted to you. With your credentials, your online insurance account is one click away.
Now It’s Your Turn…
You’ve just seen how beneficial is having an e-insurance account…
Now it’s time to put this learning into practice. Remember, a lot of people are already reaping the multiple benefits of e-insurance and now, it’s your turn.
We’d love to hear from you. What do you think of E-Insurance? Or maybe you have a question about something your read?
Either way, leave a comment quick below. Our insurance experts are around to reply to comments and answer your questions.
- Most Read
- Things to Know Before Picking a Health Insurance Plan
Date: 15 October 2019
- Health Card vs. Health Insurance with OPD Coverage
Date: 26 September 2019
- India's Great Healthcare Challenge, Also an Opportunity
Date: 25 September 2019
- All About Pre-Insurance Medical Check-Up in Health Insurance
Date: 24 September 2019
- Know the Network Hospital Before Buying Health Insurance
Date: 23 September 2019
- Top 10 Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 549697
- Top 5 Maternity Insurance Plans
Views : 302259
- List of Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 248546
- Top 8 Family Health Insurance Policies for 2019
Views : 199946
- Health Insurance Claims Ratio- Things You Should Look Before Buying Health Insurance
Views : 156223
GET ARTICLE ON EMAIL
- Income Tax Calculator
- Other Calculators
- Pension Calculator
- Savings Calculator
- Save Regularly
- Actual Savings
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator