Future Generali India Insurance Company Ltd.
Future Generali India Insurance Company Ltd. is a joint venture between India’s leading retailer ‘Future Group’ and Italy based insurance major ‘Generali Group’. The company was incorporated in 2007 and brings together the distinctive qualities of both the founding companies – local experience and knowledge with global insurance expertise.
Future Group, led by its founder and Group CEO, Mr Kishore Biyani, is one of India’s leading business houses with its businesses spanning across the retail space. Headquartered in Mumbai, this Indian private conglomerate owns and manages multiple retail formats, such as Pantaloons, Big Bazaar, Central, Food Bazaar, and Home Town.
The Generali Group is a leading player in the global insurance and financial markets. Serving 61 million clients in more than 60 countries, the Group is one of the world’s largest companies according to Fortune Global 500.
The Future Generali India Insurance Company Limited is supported by a team of seasoned professionals specialising in the areas of finance, insurance, accounting, actuarial services and risk management. The company is headed by Mr Anup Rau as the Managing Director and CEO. Future Generali also operates in the life insurance business under the name of Future Generali India Life Insurance Co. Ltd. Mr Munish Sharda is the Managing Director and CEO of the life insurance company.
Future Generali India Insurance Company Ltd. Vision & Mission
- The main vision of Future Generali India Insurance Company Limited is to protect people against risks with enhanced insurance coverage
- Future Generali India Insurance Company Ltd. is dedicated to managing and mitigating risks of individuals and institutions
- The insurer endeavours to improve people’s lives through their customized insurance products
- The mission of the insurer is to be the first choice of its customers and provide them accessible and relevant insurance solutions
- The company strives to make its products an outstanding combination of innovation and price
- Future Generali India Insurance Company Ltd. aims to offer its customers advice, protection, and the best of service to its customers
Why Choose Future Generali India Insurance Company Ltd.?
Future Generali India Insurance Company Ltd. is one of the leading insurers in India and is quite popular because of its customer-centric approach. Here are some of the reasons why you should go with Future Generali India Insurance Company Ltd.:
- Future Generali India Insurance ensures peace of mind of its customers with quick and easy claims settlement
- The insurer has more than 16 lakh happy customers and claims to settle an average of 1 lakh claims every year
- The insurer offers various types of general insurance products such as commercial, personal, social or rural insurance, to meet the different needs of its customers
- The insurance company provides its customers with the option to avail cashless treatment in more than 5,100 network hospitals and cashless repairs at more than 2500 network garages across India
- Future Generali India Insurance Company Limited operates in more than 125 locations across India and has more than 2,000 active corporate clients
- The Company also offers value-added features, such as Future Xpress+ and Future Xpress
- The insurer is a key player in niche segments like lifestyle insurance, bike insurance, commercial vehicle insurance, and social insurance.
Future Generali India Insurance Company Ltd. Product Portfolio
Future Generali India Insurance Company Ltd. Products
‘Health is wealth’ and this should be your mantra for life. The number of people falling sick at an early age is increasing at an alarming rate. The only thing that can save you from health risks is a good insurance plan so that when you fall sick, you can only concentrate on getting well. Keep your financial stress at bay with Future Generali health plans.
- Future Health Suraksha - Individual: The plan is available for individuals and covers both pre & post-hospitalization expenses among others. The cover is available to individuals between the age of 18 and 70 years and comes with a lifetime renewal option. It also covers children aged 3 months to 25 years.
- Future Health Suraksha - Family Floater: The Future Health Suraksha Family Floater policy that covers the entire family for both pre and post-hospitalization expenses, patient care costs, day care procedures, expenses for the accompanying person and ambulance charges. Adults between the ages of 18 and 70 years can avail this The entry age limit is 55 years for families opting for a sum assured of Rs. 10 lakh. People above 55 years can opt for a maximum sum assured of Rs. 5 lakh under this policy.
- Future Health Surplus: The Health Surplus Plan from Future Generali India Insurance Company Ltd. helps to insure against additional expenses incurred over and beyond the sum insured limit of the existing health policy. It is available on both individual and family floater basis and has a lifetime renewal option. The policy is available for adults between the ages of 18 and 65 years.
- Future Criticare: The Future Criticare critical illness cover offers a lump sum benefit to the insured if diagnosed with a critical illness. However, the patient should survive for more than 28 days from the day of diagnosis and the policy should be more than 90 days old. The policy is available to adults in the 18-65 years age group and has a lifetime renewal option. The sum insured is Rs 1-50 lakh for people in the 18-45 years age group and Rs. 1-20 lakh in the 46-65 years age group.
- Future Hospicash: The Future Hospicash cover allows you to meet any incidental expenses relating to hospitalization or related costs. The policy provides benefits for ICU stays both in the city of residence & outside and additional convalescence benefits for hospital stays of more than 10 days.
- Group Health Insurance (Health Total): It is a comprehensive retail healthcare plan that is available on both an individual and family floater basis. Future Generali India Insurance Company Ltd. offers three plan variants - the Vital plan that covers the individual, spouse and dependent children, and Superior and Premiere plans that also cover non-dependent children, dependent or non-dependent parents, grandparents, grandchildren, dependent siblings, daughter and son-in-law, and parents-in-
What Is Covered Under Future Generali Health Insurance Plans?
Take a look at the coverage provided under Future Generali Health Insurance plans below:
- In-Patient Hospitalization Expenses - Health insurance plans by Future Generali India Insurance Company Ltd. covers any expenses incurred on in-patient hospitalization that involves at least 24 hours of hospital admission. It includes expenses such as the room rent, medicine cost, surgeon’s fee, operation theatre expenses, nursing fee, etc.
- Pre & Post-Hospitalization Expenses - Pre-hospitalization expenses are the medical expenses incurred before getting admitted to a hospital. Similarly, post-hospitalization refers to the medical expenses incurred after getting discharged from the hospital. While pre-hospitalization expenses may be covered for up to 60/ 90 days, Future Generali India Insurance Company Ltd. covers post-hospitalization costs for up to 90/ 120/ 180 days, depending on the plan.
- Day Care Expenses - Day care expenses refer to the cost of medical procedures that require less than 24 hours of hospitalization. Future Generali India Insurance Company Ltd. covers the expenses incurred on about 409 day care expenses.
- Organ Donor Expenses - It covers the medical expenses incurred on treatment of the organ donor and harvesting the donated organ.
- Road Ambulance Charges - The company covers the charges of obtaining road ambulances services by the insured to the nearest hospital.
- AYUSH Treatment - AYUSH treatment refers to the medical treatment undertaken through Ayurveda, Siddha, Homeopathy and Unani. Future Generali India Insurance Company Ltd. covers the cost of obtaining alternative medical treatment at AYUSH medical system.
Please note that the coverage may vary as per different Future Generali health insurance plan.
What Is Not Covered Under Future Generali Health Insurance Plans?
The following medical expenses are not covered under Future Generali Health Insurance plans:
- External Congenital Disease - Future Generali India Insurance Company Ltd. does not cover the expenses incurred on the treatment of external congenital anomaly or disease.
- Cosmetic Treatment - It does cover the cost of any cosmetic treatment or plastic surgery.
- Abuse of Intoxicants - Health plans by Future Generali India Insurance Company Ltd. does not cover the medical expenses incurred on the treatment of any disease arising out of abuse or overuse of intoxicants, including alcohol or drugs.
- Infertility Treatment - It does not cover the cost of any infertility treatment.
- Intentional Self-Injury - Future Generali Health Insurance does not cover the treatment cost of any intentional self-injury, such as suicide or an attempt to suicide.
- Hormone Replacement Therapy - It does not cover the cost of hormone replacement therapy.
- War or Related Perils - Future Generali India Insurance Company Ltd. does not cover the treatment cost of any injury arising out of a war and related situations, such as revolution, insurgency, civil war, etc.
- Experimental/ Investigative Treatment - it does not cover expenses incurred on any experimental or investigative treatment.
Please note that the list of exclusions may vary as per different Future Generali health insurance plan.
A car is a valuable asset and we should have comprehensive insurance to protect it from any accident and theft. When you ply on Indian roads, you can’t be sure of your car’s safety. Even if you are a good driver, you can’t guarantee that other people on the road follow rules. Thus, a car insurance plan is the only way to keep your car safe and running in good condition.
Future Generali Travel Insurance policies are a great companion on your holidays, business trips or visits to friends & family abroad as they provide you with door-to-door cover for your convenience.
- Future Travel Suraksha: The Future Travel Suraksha policy covers international travel for the individual and the family for single as well as multiple trips. The plan guards against unexpected events, such as lost papers, emergency hospitalization, and misplaced luggage, among various others.
- Future Travel Suraksha- Schengen Travel: The plan provides travel insuranceto people visiting the Schengen visa countries in Europe. It insures travellers against mishaps, such as lost travel papers or misplaced luggage, etc., that may occur while they are on a vacation at any of these countries.
- Future Student Suraksha: The Future Student Suraksha plan has been designed for students who are going abroad for studies. Any student in between the ages of 18 and 35 years can avail this policy. The coverage includes medical expenses, loss of passport, delay or loss of baggage, tuition fees, and many other costs that may arise while the student is abroad.
Future Generali Home Insurance policies safeguard your home and give you a comprehensive cover to tackle all problems related to your home to ensure a disaster-free living.
Investing in a personal accident cover is considered a smart move, not only because it secures your financial future but, more importantly, it secures your family too. A personal accident policy enables the dependant members of the insured to continue with normal life without much financial burden in case of the insured’s accident. It is the key to your dignity if some unwarranted event happens and you find yourself in a soup!
- Accident Suraksha: The plan covers any unexpected and unfortunate accidents that may result in serious injuries or even death. The cover is available for people in the age group of 18-70 years and allows the inclusion of dependent children aged between 5-25 years.
- Group Personal Accident: Available for businesses or organisations, this customized insurance policy covers all employees under a single plan. The policy also provides protection to students studying in an institution. The plan protects against temporary or permanent disability and even death. Additional covers can be taken to insure against medical expenses, hospitalization, home or car modification or adaptation, repatriation, child education expenses and other expenses arising from or due to the accident.
- Janata Personal Accident: The Janata Personal Accident policy is available as a group plan and covers injuries resulting in death or partial or total disablement of the insured. It can also include additional covers for hospitalization, hospital cash allowance, repatriation benefits and other related expenses
Future Generali India Insurance Company Limited also offers other types of insurance plans, such as lifestyle insurance, commercial insurance and social or rural insurance.
It is advisable to compare all Future Generali India Insurance Company Ltd. plans with plans from other general insurance companies in India before going ahead with the insurance plan that fulfils your necessities.
Future Generali India Insurance Company Ltd. Renewal Online
To avail uninterrupted policy coverage benefits, you would have to renew your policy before expiry. You may need to set reminders for your policy renewal so that you do not miss on the renewal date. Future Generali India Insurance Company Ltd. follows a simple and trouble-free renewal process. You can renew all the insurance plans with just a few mouse clicks. To complete the online renewal process, you can follow the steps that are listed below:
- To initiate the online renewal procedure, log into the website offering Future Generali India Insurance Company Ltd. plan renewal option
- After that, select the ‘Renew’ tab and submit the existing policy details
- In the last step, you can make the payment online using net banking and debit/ credit cards
- Once the premium is paid, you will get the confirmation receipt from Future Generali India Insurance Company Ltd.
Future Generali India Insurance Company Ltd. Claim Process
In the event of an emergency, the insured needs to make a claim with Future Generali India Insurance Company Ltd. to get his/ her losses recovered. Fortunately, Future Generali India Insurance Company Ltd. has a very simple claim process. Take a look at the claim process for different kinds of emergencies under Future Generali India Insurance Company Ltd.:
For Fire/ Theft/ Burglary/ Engineering Claims:
- Inform Future Generali India Insurance Company Ltd. about the mishap online or by calling on their toll-free number 1800 220 233
- Intimate the fire brigade about the mishap and take all possible steps to protect your property from the fire (In case of fire loss claims)
- Notify the Police about the fire or the burglary (In case of theft, burglary or fire claims)
- Future Generali India Insurance Company Ltd. will appoint a surveyor to investigate/ inspect the damaged site
- Submit all the required documents to the insurer
- Future Generali India Insurance Company Ltd. will settle the claim within 15 days of documents submission
For Marine Transit Claims
- Intimate Future Generali India Insurance Company Ltd. about the damage or loss online or by calling on their toll-free number
- In case of any damage in the packing, insist for an open delivery
- Get documents, such as BL (Bill of Lading), MTD (Multimodal Transport Document), LR, AWB (Air Waybill), etc., qualified
- Submit all supporting documents to Future Generali India Insurance Company Ltd.
- Within 15 days of document submission, Future Generali India Insurance Company Ltd. will pay the claim amount
Future Generali India Insurance Company Ltd. Distribution Network:
Future Generali India Insurance Company Limited has access to a large number of customers due to the retail network they have. The consumer finance business too has more than 150 branches and helps the company spread its reach. The company was first to launch, what it calls, Mallassurance – selling insurance policies to customers visiting their malls.
Future Generali India Insurance Company Ltd. - FAQs
Ans: Once the policy is purchased you can carefully go through the policy wordings. If there is any confusion or you need any assistance then you can call at their helpline number or mail them to seek assistance.
Ans: Upon successful payment, your data is updated in the insurer’s system. After that, you would receive your policy kit in a maximum of 7-10 working days. Once the policy is issued, you will get a soft copy of all the documents on your registered email id.
Ans: To initiate such requests you can send a scanned copy of the registration certificate with all the correct details at their registered email id and your request will be processed. For some requests, you may need to pay an extra premium such as CNG kit updation. You can also call at their helpline number or SMS them and they will take you through the process.
Ans: You can also call at their helpline number or send them an SMS and they will take you through the process. Once all the details are verified, one of their representatives will get in touch with you to update your contact details.
Ans: Simply visit any of the nearest Future Generali India Insurance Company Ltd. Branch with a copy of the existing policy, Form 30, Form 29 Transfer Fee Receipt, and NOC which is paid to the Regional Transport Office. You need to pay the insurer the No Claim Bonus (NCB) difference amount, service tax and transfer fee.
Future Generali India Insurance Company Ltd. - Latest News
Country’s one of the leading general insurance companies is delighted to announce a relief grant of worth Rs. 50,000 each to its active agents, if any of them are tested COVID-19 positive. The grant is even extended to their immediate family members as well. After government strict decision against this pandemic and when the entire country is witnessing lockdown, there are still some heroes who risk their lives to serve this country. The organization has confirmed that their active agents have been contributing in creating awareness around this pandemic and getting people insured so that in the time of crisis, their necessities are taken care of. In line with this, Future Generali India Insurance Company Ltd. is trying to support those active agents who are working amidst Corona, by offering this grant and initiatives like these are really commendable.
The CEO of the organization Mr. Anup Rau has confirmed that the said grant will be transferred to their respective bank accounts if they or their spouses or their children are confirmed with the infection of COVID.
Future Generali India Insurance Company Ltd., private general insurance company introduced an exclusive group mediclaim insurance cover. This COVID-19 group mediclaim product does not have need of travel history or any medical test regardless of the sum insured. Not only this, the product is open to all the age groups including fresh-born of one day to an individual of 75 years. The insurance company would not require any past medical history.
The insurance policy will offer a lump-sum benefit if the policyholder (insured) is quarantined for any suspected symptom, sign or infection or is diagnosed of coronavirus. Moreover, this COVID-19 group mediclaim plan will provide maximum aid to the affected or infected.
If the insured is diagnosed with coronavirus and a medical practitioner together with the government or any lab approved by World Health Organization (WHO) confirms it, then a lump-sum benefit of 100% of the sum insured will be paid off by the mid-sized insurance provider.
The general insurance company of the joint venture of Future Group and the global insurance provider Generali – Future Generali India Insurance Company Limited (FGII) has announced the launch of Future Advantage Top-up product. This product is a deductible health insurance product that comes with a higher sum insured options, which range from Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 1 Crore. This product by Future Generali Health Insurance offers additional coverage at lower premium in comparison to the traditional health insurance products.
The Principal Officer at Future Generali India Insurance – Shreeraj Deshpande said, “With the surging medical costs and inflation, the current health insurance policy might not enough and buying health insurance cover with large sum insured might not be economical. Therefore, we believe that the Future Advantage Top-up product is an ideal fit for a comprehensive health insurance cover. Moreover, they also address the problem of under insurance, whilst keeping a sharp vigil on the premium.”
The motivation behind every insurance product launched by the company is our vision to safeguard the consumers completely in their times of medical emergency. Healthcare costs are going steep and we wish to make sure that our valued consumers can avail the best possible medical procedure whenever they look for an expert medical assistance,” added Deshpande.
The famous general insurance provider Future Generali India Insurance Company Ltd. targets at a Rs. 3,000 Crore business in the upcoming3 years. The company is expecting a growth at the rate of 15 to 20 % per annum.
Experiencing a great economic evolution, Future Generali India Insurance Company Ltd. Company is expecting the GDP (gross domestic product) to grow at a higher ratio. This increase would eventually give rise to the demand of insurance policies. The Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director of Future Generali India Insurance Company Ltd. Company, K. G. Krishnamurthy Rao said that general insurance is proportionate to the growth in GDP.
Meaning, if the GDP is growing at a good rate, it will be beneficial for the insurance industry. We are expecting about 15 to 20 % growth each year for the coming three years. He also stated that therefore, the company is eying to hit Rs. 3,000 Crore profit.
He further added that, the Indian general insurance market has seen about a 13 % growth in the last year and also that this growth rate is expected to touch 15 to 16 % in this financial year.
Written By: PolicyBazaar - Updated: 30 September 2020