Shriram Personal Accident Insurance
Shriram Personal Accident Insurance
Shriram Group is India’s one of the most strong business house which has several wings starting from Infrastructure and Energy, Industrial Manufacturing, Information technology , Food and Retail etc. Shriram Group is not only a financial Services company but also caters to the non financial needs of an ordinary person. Life Insurance, Retail Stock Broking, Chit funds and Distribution of Investment and Insurance products are also a part of this business group. General Insurance of Shriram Group is another important sector where the company promises to deliver a product which meets the requirements of a common man. Multiple insurance plans like Motor Insurance Plans, Two wheeler insurance plans, Health Insurance Plans, Marine Insurance Plans, liability Insurance Plan, Shopkeeper umbrella package plan, burglary insurance plans Personal Accident Plans, Home Insurance Plans for Individuals and other types of insurance plans too which are tailor made and customer friendly and completely transparent.
Personal Accident Plans plugs an important role in the insurance portfolio of an individual. Firstly, it provides a tremendous financial support to the policy holder if he/she is disabled after an accident resulting to permanent total disability, temporary total disability and even an unfortunate death. Secondly, the enormity or the degree of injuries doesn’t matter minor injuries are also usually cover dune the plan. Shriram General Personal Accident insurance plans have all encompassing plans which acts as a cushion to cover the risks associated with an accident.
Shriram General has several health insurance plans as well as personal accident plans forms a comprehensive insurance plans covering all types of risks .
Why one should avail Shriram General Personal Accident Insurance Plan?
Shriram Personal Accident has unique features which are as under:
- The plan covers for Accidental Death or Permanent Total Disablement caused due to an accident.
- Once can opt for Accidental Hospitalization Expenses and Accidental Hospital Daily Allowance as additional coverage.
- Worldwide coverage.
- The plan provides the coverage of various types of accidents like rail accidents, road, accidents caused due to natural calamities and terrorism.
- Online purchase and can be done installments.
- No health check up requirement
- Various options to choose which covers almost all the corners of the home.
- Flexibility to choose the plans according to the needs / requirements.
- Hassle free and absolutely transparent plans
- This plan provides full guard to the property and its contents as well.
- All plans come with low cost premium under the plans with rebates.
Benefits of Personal Accident Plan: The following are the benefits of the Personal Protect Plan which one can avail:
- Family Security: In case of any unfortunate events, the family is completely secured in terms of future requirements and provides support and great assistance to fix the financial uncertainties and liabilities.
- Tailored Plans: The plans can be customized by selecting the sum assured and duration of plans from multiple options. The sum assured can be chosen depending on the current income, future earning prospective and the extent of liability.
- Wide Coverage: Several types of accidents are covered under this plan starting from road accidents, rail accidents, terrorist activities and natural calamities.
- No Medical Tests: One doesn’t have to go through the hassle of undergoing medical examinations.
- Online Convenience: Personal Protect Plan can be purchased online with much ease and minimum documentation. And the premiums can be paid through various options.
Coverages under the plan
The company provides the following coverages are there under the Shriram General personal Accident Plan:
- Accidental Death Plan: In case of Death within 12 months from the occurrence of the accidental bodily injury which is caused due to accident solely and directly by external, violent and visible means 100% of the sum assured is paid. Additionally, if the death occurs due to accident while travelling in commercial ship /aircraft as fare paying passenger, then the company will pay double the sum insured under this plan.
- If the insured person sustains bodily injury within 12 months from the occurrence of the accidental bodily injury which is caused due to accident solely and directly by external, violent and visible means resulting in irrecoverable loss of both the eye sights or the actual loss by physical separation of two entire hands or two entire feet or one entire hand and one entire foot, or of such loss of one eye sight and such loss of one entire hand or one entire foot, then the plan coves the loss to the tune of capital sum insured.
- If the insured person sustains bodily injury within 12 months from the occurrence of the accidental bodily injury which is caused due to accident solely and directly by external, violent and visible means resulting in irrecoverable loss of use of two hands or two feet, or of one hand and one foot, or of such loss of one eye sight and such loss of use of one hand or one foot, then the plan covers the same for full capital sum insured.
- If the insured person sustains bodily injury within 12 months from the occurrence of the accidental bodily injury which is caused due to accident solely and directly by external, violent and visible means resulting in irrecoverable loss of one the eye sight or of the actual loss by physical separation of one entire hand or one entire foot then the plan covers the same for 50% of the capital sum insured is paid.
- If such injury within 12 months of its occurrence be the cause of total and irrecoverable loss of use of hand or a foot without physical separation, 50% of the capital sum insured is paid.
- Permanent Total Disability: This plan covers the loss, if the insured person sustains bodily injury for loss of limbs, sight which is caused due to accident solely and directly resulting in permanently, totally and absolutely disables the insured individual from engaging himself/herself in any occupation or employment then 100% of sum insured is paid.
- If such injury within 12 months of its occurrence be the cause of total and/ or partial irrecoverable loss of use or of the actual loss by physical separation of the following then the percentage of the sum insured is payable as per the schedule.
- Medical Expenses to the tune of Rs 5000/- per amputation.
Eligibility and Personal Accident cover for individual and family
Individuals aged from 5 years- 70 years are eligible for this plan.
The total Sum Insured for one person will not exceed 60 months’ salary/income from the present occupation. However, income from shares, property will not be taken into consideration under this plan.
- Earning member (person insured) Capital Sum Insured for each as per the rules.
- Spouse ( if not earning member)
- Dependent Children (Aged between 5years to 25 years).
- One can avail 10% discount on the family Package.
Exclusions under the plan
The following are the exclusions under which the company will not pay any benefit to the Insured Person:
- Payment of compensation in respect of death, disablement, injury, illness disease hospitalization of the insured person due to or arising out of , directly or indirectly due to war irrespective of declared or not, invasion, hostilities, civil war, martial law, act of foreign enemy, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurper power, riot or civil commotion, seizure, capture , arrests, restraints and detainments.
- The plan does not cover for Bodily injury or Sickness aggravated by the insured person knowingly.
- The plan does not cover for Bodily injury or Sickness due to intentional and deliberate exposure to danger, self inflicted injury, suicide or attempted suicide or non adherence to the medical advise.
- If the insured person is injured or fall sick due to consumption of alcohol or drugs or narcotics unless professionally advised by the Doctor.
- The plan does not cover the loss for taking part in winter sports or any hazardous pursuits like driving or riding or race, underwater activities involving use of breathing apparatus or not, martial arts, hunting, parachuting, mountaineering, bungee-jumping, skydiving, hand gliding, scuba diving or driving in races, rallies using a bicycle or motorized vehicle, caving or pot-holing, yachting or boating outside coastal water miles of 2 miles, participation in professional sports.
- Payment of compensation in respect of death, disablement, injury, illness disease hospitalization of the insured person due to or arising out of , directly or indirectly due to
- Ionizing radiation or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or nuclear waste.
- Nuclear weapon materials.
- Working in underground mines or explosive magazines, or involving electrical installation with high tension supply, or as jockies or circus personnel, or engaged in activities like racing on wheels, horseback, big game hunting.
- Payment of compensation in respect of death, disablement, injury, illness disease hospitalization of the insured person due to or arising out of , directly or indirectly due to prolonged childbirth or pregnancy.
- The plan does not cover for bodily injury while the insured person is travelling by air other than as a fare paying passenger.
- Payment of compensation in respect of death, disablement, injury, illness disease hospitalization of the insured person due to or arising out of , directly or indirectly due to nuclear, chemical, biological or terrorism.
- Committing an assault, a criminal offence or any breach of law with that of criminal intention.
- The plan does not cover for bodily injury which occur due to participation in any violent labour disturbances riot or civil commotion or public disorder.
- The plan does not cover treatments of nervous or mental problems.
- If the insured person is injured or fall sick due to venereal or venereal related disease.
Various modes of payment under the plan
There are five modes of payment under this plan which are as follows:
- Credit Card.
- Net Banking.
- Bill Pay.
- Debit Card.
- Cash Card.
Claim Process under Personal Accident Plan
The claim service of the company is highly efficient and of high standard. One can make 24x7 claims notification. Timely customer service and assistance along with survey and further assistance within a day. Simple claims procedure and ensuring high customer satisfaction.
- Call at the toll free no and lodge the claim. The following information’s are to be provided:
- Policy Number.
- Date and time of the accident.
- Location of the accident.
- A brief narration or description of the accident.
- Name and contact number of the person who will be handling the total claim
- Insured Contact Details.
- The claim intimation sheet can be downloaded from the website and can be sent to chd[at]shrirami[dot]com. Claim representative will contact the insured person for further process.
- Claim representative will provide the claim reference number for future reference.
- After the claim gets submitted and the same is approved, a text message will be sent intimating the surveyor details.
- A Surveyor is appointed to assess the loss of the insured vehicle and inspection of the same. Post which the approval is given and the insured is intimated about the claim status.
- The Surveyor will contact for suitable time for survey and will conduct the survey.
- After this, one can contact at CHD / Surveyor when the vehicle is ready for inspection.
- The claim status can be tracked from the official website of www[dot]shriramgi[dot]com >Claims .
Documents needed for Accidental Injury Claims
- Claim form.
- Policy Copy.
- Attested/Original FIR
- Attested/Original Post Mortem Report
- Discharge Certificate.
- Indemnity cum declaration bond.
- No Objection Certificate.
Documents needed for Permanent Total Disablements
- Claim form.
- Policy Copy.
- Attested FIR copy.
- Disability Certificate from Doctor.
- Photo of the injured showing the disablement.
- Doctor’s prescription and line of treatment advised.
- Original bills, receipts, cash memos with related treatment papers.
Documents needed for Accidental Hospitalization Reimbursement Expenses
- Claim form.
- Policy Copy.
- Attested FIR copy or Panchnama if applicable.
- Investigation and Medical reports.
- Doctor’s prescription
- Medical and investigation bills.
- Disability Certificate from Doctor.
- One can also email at customer[dot]care[at]sbigeneral[dot]in
- Individuals can also opt for “Contact Us” option where after filling up few simple details a call back will be made from the Company.
Shriram General Personal Accident Insurance - FAQs
1. How to pay a premium? What are the modes of payment available?
Shriram General Insurance Company offers 5 modes of premium payment namely;
- Auto debit
- Cash/Cheque payment
- Credit card/Debit card
- Online –Net Banking
2. How can I check policy status for Shriram general personal accident insurance?
For checking the policy status you can dial the toll free number of the company. The customer service associate will provide you the status of your policy upon confirmation of your details.
3. What is the policy renewal process for Shriram general personal accident insurance?
Please visit your nearest branch to proceed with the renewal payment process, Upon duly filling the renewal form and payment of premium, you will renew the existing policy.
Alteratively, contact the customer service to inquire about the renewal process.
If you had filled in a debit mandate form initially at the time of policy signup, your premium will be automatically debited.
4. What is the company’s process to settle claim for Shriram general personal accident insurance?
You can proceed with the claim settlement by calling the customer helpdek. You must have the following details handy.
- Policy number
- Contact details of insured
- Date and time of accident
- Description of estimated loss
- Location of the accident for the surveyer to inspect
- Driver’s DL details including name and contact details
5. What is the policy cancellation process for Shriram general personal accident insurance?
- Please visit the nearest branch with your policy documents and a duly filled surrender form to submit it at the counter. Upon satisfactory check of documents by the office, the policy will be cancelled and the refund will be directly credited in your bank account.
- Apollo Munich Personal Accident
- Bajaj Allianz Personal Accident
- Bharti AXA Personal Accident
- Cholamandalam Personal Accident
- Future Generali Personal Accident
- HDFC Ergo Personal Accident
- IFFCO Tokio Personal Accident
- Max Bupa Personal Accident
- National Insurance Personal Accident
- New India Assurance Personal Accident
- Oriental Insurance Personal Accident
- Raheja QBE Personal Accident
- Reliance General Personal Accident
- Royal Sundaram Personal Accident
- SBI General Personal Accident
- Tata AIG Personal Accident
- United India Personal Accident
- Universal Sompo Personal Accident
- Everything You Need to Know about HDFC ERGO Health Insurance Policy
- Guide to Health Insurance Plans Offered by Star Health Insurance
- Should you Include Your Parents in Employer’s Group Health Insurance?
- Five Tips on Making the Most of Health Policy Top-Up Plans
- Tips to Buy and Renew Cigna TTK Health Insurance Online
- Mediclaim Policy for Parents above 60 Years
Shriram Personal Accident Insurance Reviews
I purchase shriram personal accident plan. The policy coverage is high ~89% and the premium is low. Fast service by which the claiming amount easily sanctioned. The ambulance is facilitate for free. Good investment and the behaviour of the executives and staff is nice and clam. Large number of hospitals are there for regular service.