Reliance Health Insurance
Reliance Health Insurance Overview
Reliance General Insurance Company Ltd is a leading general insurance company in India. The company has a huge customer base consisting of Individuals, subject matter experts, and corporate people. They look forward to satisfying the insurance needs of an individual at the crucial hour, offer the best customer service, fine-tune their products at different times, and provide them the better reach countrywide. They also look forward to making insurance as much affordable and easily accessible as they can while focusing on their operation in a consumer-centric way. In the meantime, they majorly aim at protecting the interest of the policyholder. They have around 139 offices and more than 12000 intermediaries across the country, hence making them very reachable and accessible.
Their mission is to satisfy the insurance need at the crucial hour, offer the best customer service, innovate their products from time to time, and provide better reach across the country. They aim at making insurance more affordable and accessible, keeping the customers at focal point in their operations, and most important protect the interest of the policy holder.
Why To Buy Reliance Health Insurance Plans?
Reliance Health Insurance Company offers affordable medical insurance plans with a wide range of options to choose from for the family. Its health insurance policy with an assured sum of Rs. 3 lakh can be purchased at the age of 3 years. The company has a wide network of over 4000 hospitals across India to avail cashless hospitalization. Under health insurance policy by Reliance Health, you can avail reimbursement of both pre and post hospitalization expenses for over 60 days each. Also, the company assures for quick and efficient settlement of your claims. At the end of each claim-free year, a cumulative bonus of 33.33 percent on the basic sum assured is added at zero additional cost.
Mahatma Gandhi once said, “It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.” We, at Reliance General Insurance, take these words quite seriously and believe that everyone should have a medical insurance policy!
Reliance HealthGain -Health insurance plans with varied benefits as follows and one of its kind in the market:
- It gives a special discount of 5% for a single woman or girl child.
- Re-instatement of base sum insured, if you’ve exhausted the total sum insured on your health policy.
- Sum assured of 3,00,000/-.
- The plan gets automatically extended by one-year in case of a 'named critical illness'.
- Immediate & extended family members can be covered under an individual policy
- Lifelong renewal of your policy
- Cashless hospitalisation in over 4000+ preferred network hospitals across India.
- Quick and hassle-free medical insurance claimsettlement.
As we proceed in explaining the benefits and coverage details of the plans, we must try to explain the basic two kinds of policy available in this plan. Please find the details below in tabular format for your easy understanding:
Day Care Treatments
Pre & Post expenses of Hospitalisation
Upto 60 Days
Upto 60 Days
33.33% on the base sum insured for every claim free year, subsequently 33.33% reduction in base sum insured for every claim made.
33.33% on the base sum insured for every claim free year, subsequently 33.33% reduction in base sum insured for every claim made.
Accidental Death Cover for no claim renewal
Rs.1,00,000 for the Insured
An extension of 1 year of the policy is provided without charging any premium, if the policy holder suffers from the list Critical Illness.
Domestic Road Ambulance
Reliance General Health Insurance Policy Coverage:
Here's a quick look at what your plan covers:
- This reliance health insurance plan does cover the expense of hospitalization in case the patient is hospitalized for more than 24 consecutive hours.
- Day-care treatment for surgeries /procedures, where the insured person requires less than 24 hours of hospitalisation due to advanced technology.
- Pre-hospitalization coverage is also provided in this plans for medical expenses incurred after hospitalization, as per the plan this coverage is available for 60 days.
- Donor expenses are covered in this plan specifically for organ donor upto 50% of the base sum insured with a maximum limit being 5,00,000/-.
- This plan also provides coverage for Domiciliary Hospitalization, the same is only payable if the treatment extends more than 3 days.
- At times when a human is surrounded with more of bad luck than the good one and he does manage to exhaust his sum assured and cumulative bonus then the Sum Insured is refilled at no extra cost.
- This reliance general insurance plan gives you a unique feature of cumulative bonus; as in a bonus is awarded in a claim free bonus at the end of claim free plan period. The approximate bonus given is around 33.33% on the base sum insured at no extra cost. Please note that cumulative bonus in this plan can be made equivalent to the base sum insured. However if any claim is made at any given period then the bonus earned shall be decreased by 33.33% of the base sum insured. Surely this amount shall not reduce the initial base sum insured in the plan.
- Reliance Health Insurance Plan is very confident of its services and gives its claim service guarantee to its policy holders. In case of cashless claims if they are unable to respond within 6 business hours , even after completely filling the claim forms and documentation, they are not provide with the amount then they shall be liable to pay around 1% of the claim amount. In case of reimbursement the time limit is 21 days post completion of the claim process and proper document again then they are liable to pay 1% of the claim amount.
- This plan offers you amazing discounts on various value added services, wellness service though online solutions. There are around 28 offers currently few of them are listed below:
- 25% off on investigation at Metropolis.
- 20% off on investigation at Vijaya Diagnostics.
- 20% off on investigation at Dr. Jariwala Laboratory.
- 20% off on investigation at Nahar Medical Centre.
- 20% off on services at Basil Salon and Spa.
- 15% off on treatments at Kaya Skin Clinic and 10% off on their products.
- Upto 50% off on treatment & Spa services at Birla Kerala Vaidyshala.
- 40% off on membership at Fitness One.
- 20% off on Pathalogy and Imaging at SRL Diagnostics.
As we proceed with the details of the plans, now let us have a look at the Exclusions of the policy. Find below a robust list of exclusions as signified by Reliance Health Gain plan. This shall give us a clear and better picture:
- In order to make Claims for any medical expenses that occur within 30 days of the plan start day will not be covered, unless they occur due to an injury.
- Some of the illnesses or surgeries have a waiting period of two years from the plan start date:
- Arthritis (non-infective),Osteoarthritis and Osteoporosis,Gout,Rheumatism,All Vertebrae Disorders (including, but not limited to, Spondylitis, Spondylosis, Spondylolisthesis & Intervertebral Disc Prolapse),Joint Replacement Surgery, Cataract,Surgery of Genito-Urinary System, Internal Tumours, Skin Tumours, Cysts, Nodules, Polyps, Breast lumps (each of any kind), unless malignant,Kidney Stone/ Ureteric Stone/ Lithotripsy / Gall Bladder Stone.
- There are some disease / critical illness which are permanently excluded in this plan, please find them enlisted below:
Intentional self-injury / injury under influence of alcohol, drugs / criminal acts, biological injuries,Diseases such as HIV / AIDS or STDs, Congenital diseases (diseases present from birth),Maternity- or Fertility-related conditions, Cost of spectacles, contact lenses and hearing aids, Dental treatment or surgery, Treatment of mental illness, Cosmetic, aesthetic treatment, Non-allopathic, diagnostics , self-medication, unproven treatments.
Steps to file for claim of Reliance Health Insurance:
- Doctor advises to the insurer hospitalization.
- Intimation of your health insurance
- Cashless – visit the network of hospitals, Reimbursement – visit the non-network hospitals and make the payment.
- Submit your documents within 15 days of discharge for reimbursement.
Information to be kept ready while intimating the claim:
- Policy Number
- Insured/Claimant contact details (phone no. , email id, address, landmark etc.)
- Name of Insured/ claimant person, who is hospitalized
- Relationship of insured with the person who is hospitalized.
- Name of the hospital
- Nature of ailment-(For health claims)
- Nature of accident- (For accident cases)
- Date & time of accident (For accident cases)
- Location of accident (For accident cases)
- Commencement date of the symptom of ailment
Claim process for Cashless facility:
- Get admitted in any one of Reliance General Insurance Network Hospitals
- Show the Reliance Health Card at the hospital
- Fill "Cashless Request Form" Submit the authorization form, along with a copy of the health card to the hospital at the time of admission (ensure to have a photo ID at this time)
- Wait for the authorization from the hospital.
- Insured/ Claimant verify and sign all the bills
- Leave the original discharge summary and other investigation reports with the hospital
- Keep a photocopy for your records.
Reliance Health Insurance claim process with ‘reimbursement facility':
- Intimate Reliance Health Care of the hospitalization
- Get admitted into the hospital
- Pay the full hospital bills and complete the settlement.
- Collect all the original bills, documents and reports at the time of discharge
- File your claim with Reliance Health Care for processing and reimbursement
Applying for Reliance General Health Insurance Plans – Health Gain Plan
Health insurance plans offered by the company can be applied to through multiple channels like:
- Individuals desirous of availing any plan can simply call the Sales helpline of the company and speak to the customer service representative.
- They can provide their name, mobile number and email id on the website of the company and request for a call back
- Online health insurance plans can be simply applied to by clicking the ‘Buy Now’ tab mentioned against the relevant plans. They also provide easy access to renew the plans online.
- Lastly, customers may also visit the company’s branches or get in touch with an agent to buy the plans required.
Reliance Health Insurance- FAQs
1. How to pay a premium? What are the modes of payment available?
The Reliance General Insurance Company offers 2 modes of premium payment namely:
- Cash payment at the branch
- Online Payment
For the online payment mode, the policyholder can pay via;
- Credit Card
- Debit Card using ATM PIN
- Debit card using 3 D secure
- Net banking
2. How can I check Reliance health insurance policy status?
You can check the policy status online, with username and password in the Login tab, on the home page.
3. What is the Reliance health insurance policy renewal process?
You can go for the online renewal on the website of the company. To renew the policy online you need to provide current policy details, such as policy number, Name, Vehicle registration number, e-mail address and contact details. Then you can have a premium calculation and if you proceed for the payment it will carry you to the payment gateways. As soon as you pay the premium, your policy is renewed.
4. What is the company’s process to settle Reliance health insurance claim?
To settle the claim you can intimate the company by filling a form online and uploading relevant documents.
Upon successful acceptance of the process, the claims is settled with a week.
5. What is the policy cancellation process for Reliance health insurance?
Submit the policy documents with surrender form at the nearest branch. Upon successful proceeding, the refund is deposited directly in your bank account and the policy stand cancelled.
You might be interested following insurance plans provided by Reliance General Insurance:
- Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance
- Max Bupa Health Insurance
- SBI Health Insurance
- Raheja QBE Health Insurance
- Bharti AXA Health Insurance
- Universal Sompo Health Insurance
- Future Generali Health Insurance
- Apollo Munich Health Insurance
- Star Health Insurance
- HDFC Ergo Health Insurance
- Cholamandalam Health Insurance
- United India Health Insurance
- Tata AIG Health Insurance
- Royal Sundaram Health Insurance
- New India Health Insurance
- National Health Insurance
- IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance
- Oriental Health Insurance
- Liberty Videocon Health Insurance
- Cigna TTK Health Insurance
- LIC Jeevan Arogya Plan(Health Insurance)
- Religare Health Insurance
- Family Health Insurance vs Family Floater Plan: What to Buy?
- How to use Mediclaim Policy Premium Calculator to Calculate Premium?
- Best Family Health Insurance Plans for Expecting Parents in India
- Top 5 Family Health Insurance Policies for 2018
- New India Assurance Senior Citizen Mediclaim Policy
- Star Health Insurance for Senior Citizens
Reliance Health Insurance Reviews
Really trustable Insurers
Main thing for buying insurance policy is trust between customers and company. Reliance general insurance give full assurance and really good service 24X7 to every customer. Ambulance is free to serve policyholders. Renewals are easy to make through online portal. Good health plan, satisfied with it.
Reliance health Plan
Big returns in less investment, my health insurance policy is the one which gives all this services in low premiums. Coverage is maximum claims are easy because of the service provided by the executives of the company.
Wonderful insurance policy i have from reliance general insurance. Great health insurance in less premiums. Coverage is maximum and claims are easy to make. Service you provided is fast and on time too.
The policy coverage of my insurance policy is very nice with low premium benefit. My health insurance plan is fantastic with high payback returns which i bought from reliance general insurance company. Updates are easily seen on the websites and the online renewal option is awesome.
Finally got the perfect health insurance plan from reliance general insurance. The policy has good coverage ~89% and the claims are high with easy sanctioning method. Service is quick facilitated by the members of the insurance company.
Health insurance is very important insurance policy in this time. I bought one from reliance general insurance. Plan is fabulous and service is also fantastic. Ambulance service is for free at any location. Updates are also mailed regularly.
Claims Are High
Reliance general insurance is one of the best insurers. The service is so quick and premiums are normal. Number of benefits are provided by the company like reimbursement of the bills, ambulance availability at any locations without charging any cost and many more. Updates are easy to get through website and online renewals is possible through online portal.
Health is Wealth
My father had a policy from reliance insurance company and when i see the benefits and terms and conditions of the plan i like the insurance policy. Health insurance plan i purchased from them in less premiums. Good thing the claiming procedure is easy and simple to sanction the amount.
The health insurance i have is very good with some nice benefits like less premiums and returns are big. Policy coverage is ~89% and the claims are easy to sanctioned due to quick service facilitate by the company members.
I have reliance health insurance plan. Premiums are low and claims are maximums.Service provided by the staff is fantastic and even ambulance is provided for free for policyholder. Policy coverage is high and it covers most of the expenditure.
Awesome services provider company. Very good claim service and list of network hospitals and very easy or good customer service support
I got good service from Reliance General Insurance related to policy on time delivery related to network hospitals in every city and claim service and customer support etc
I got good response from Reliance General Insurance regarding policy kit and sales person and tie up hospitals. I am happy to get Reliance policy
My employer provides Reliance General Health Insurance and They have provided me with a list of hospital network they have in my area. I found that all majors and best hospitals were in the lists. I purchased reliance health insurance for my family and myself. They provide coverage of Rs 5 lakh to my family. The premium can be paid on yearly or quarterly basis. They send me reminder for my premium in case I miss my premium date.