- Rs. 1 CroreTerm Cover @Rs 16/Day
- Tax BenefitsUnder Section 80C & 10(D)
- Extra BenefitsAccidental, Terminal & Critical Illness
- 12 Lac+Families Secured
E-insurance, The Way Ahead for High Premium Insurance Policies
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 1476 -
Modified 16 November 2015
Digitized policies may soon become a reality for insurance policies if IRDA has its way. The insurance regulatory has circulated a draft amongst stakeholders, which makes it mandatory to issue policies with annual premium of over Rs 50,000 in an electronic form. However, insurance company will seek to policyholders' consent before issuing the electronic policy.
Although, policyholders will retain rights to ask for a physical copy of the policy, but at the time of policy issuance, insurers will have to specifically enquire whether they would like to exercise the option of receiving the policy in an electronic mode. Also, even if a policyholder insists on a physical policy, insurer will have to issue it in an electronic form as well.
Motor and health policies, where premium amount is more than Rs 10,000 will also come under the purview of this new law. Likewise, group life and health insurance policies, offered by companies employing over 50 employees, will have to be issued in the electronic mode.
IRDAI has authorized five entities- NSDL, Central Insurance Repository, CAMS Insurance Repository, Stock holding Corporation of India (SCHIL) and Karvy Insurance Repository — to dematerialize physical insurance policies.
Source: This news was published on April 21, 2015 in economictimes.indiatimes.com under the title: E-insurance may soon be a must for high-value life insurance policies
- Most Read
- Tax Benefits on Life Insurance
Date: 30 July 2018
- How Life Insurance Help you To Stay Financially Safe?
Date: 23 July 2018
- 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Cancel Your Life Insurance Policy
Date: 23 July 2018
- How to Choose Life Insurance Plans According to Your Income?
Date: 22 June 2018
- 10 Risky Cities in India Where One Must Have Life Insurance
Date: 19 June 2018
- How to Check LIC Policy Status, Details, Statement via Online/SMS/Call
Views : 1920351
- LIC Online Payment - LIC Premium Payment Options & Process
Views : 283950
- LIC Login Online: Step-by-Step Login Process to LIC website
Views : 115461
- How to Check PLI Status?
Views : 109878
- एलआईसी पॉलिसी की स्थिति और प्रीमियम विवरण कैसे जांचें?
Views : 104526