Effective from 1 Jan onward, these guidelines will apply to Group Life Insurance Polices/Schemes subscribed to Lender-Borrower group.
In December 2014, the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA) issued guidelines applicable to group insurance policies and schemes executed by institutions acting as group organizers or master policyholders — the scheduled commercial banks regulated by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), NBFCs with certificate of registration from RBI, and National Housing Bank (NHB)-regulated housing finance companies.
The guidelines will apply when an individual member of the group life insurance scheme/policy will authorise the life insurance company to pay the outstanding loan balance amount to the master policyholder. The company will do so by deducting the amount from the claim proceeds payable when the contingent event covered by the group policy happens.
These guidelines came into effect from 1 Jan 2015.
- Most Read
- How to Revive Lapsed LIC Insurance Policy Online
Date: 15 September 2017
- How to Save Premium Cost on your Life Insurance Purchase
Date: 13 September 2017
- Why Renewal of the Term Insurance Policy is Important?
Date: 11 September 2017
- LIC Senior Citizen Pension Scheme 2017
Date: 30 August 2017
- 5 Questions You Must Seek Answers for Before Buying Life Insurance Policies
Date: 18 July 2017
- Best 5 LIC Policies To Invest in 2017
Views : 1020423
- LIC Policy Status: Check LIC Policy Details and Statement Online
Views : 988966
- Best Term Insurance Plans in India with Claim Settlement Ratio
Views : 385006
- A Quick Guide To Post Office Monthly Income Scheme
Views : 380927
- National Pension Scheme (NPS) – Govt Approved Pension Scheme
Views : 253671