- Rs. 1 CroreTerm Cover @Rs 17/Day
- Tax BenefitsUnder Section 80C & 10(D)
- Extra BenefitsAccidental, Terminal & Critical Illness
- 12 Lac+Families Secured
We promise limited calls
IRDA Releases Guidelines for Group Insurance Policies for Specific Entities
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 2688 -
Modified 03 March 2015
Effective from 1 Jan onward, these guidelines will apply to Group Life Insurance Polices/Schemes subscribed to Lender-Borrower group.
In December 2014, the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA) issued guidelines applicable to group insurance policies and schemes executed by institutions acting as group organizers or master policyholders — the scheduled commercial banks regulated by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), NBFCs with certificate of registration from RBI, and National Housing Bank (NHB)-regulated housing finance companies.
The guidelines will apply when an individual member of the group life insurance scheme/policy will authorise the life insurance company to pay the outstanding loan balance amount to the master policyholder. The company will do so by deducting the amount from the claim proceeds payable when the contingent event covered by the group policy happens.
These guidelines came into effect from 1 Jan 2015.
- Most Read
- Tax Benefits on Life Insurance
Date: 30 July 2018
- How Life Insurance Help you To Stay Financially Safe?
Date: 23 July 2018
- 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Cancel Your Life Insurance Policy
Date: 23 July 2018
- How to Choose Life Insurance Plans According to Your Income?
Date: 22 June 2018
- 10 Risky Cities in India Where One Must Have Life Insurance
Date: 19 June 2018
- How to Check LIC Policy Status, Details, Statement via Online/SMS/Call
Views : 1609683
- LIC Online Payment - LIC Premium Payment Options & Process
Views : 220284
- LIC Login Online: Step-by-Step Login Process to LIC website
Views : 80050
- Life Insurance: Checking Policy Status
Views : 76692
- How to Check PLI Status?
Views : 75116